Time frame for table request

no1racefan1

I know we can email the Maitre' D to request a table for two. What time frame would be best to send this request? Our cruise is 46 days out.

We actually prefer ATD so we can always get the table we want, but we are trying a fixed seating this time around because of DH's food allergies. We're thinking it will be easier to have the same wait staff all week.

Also for future reference, you can have the same wait staff each night with ATD. You just ask to sit in their section when you show up to eat. If there are no open tables in their section, you may have to wait a little bit but honestly we've never had to wait.

We have always made our request 2-3 weeks from boarding, have NEVER received a reply but have always been accommodated. We check the day we board to make sure and to see where the table is located but have never had an issue with it. Note that some people say they do receive replies. Enjoy your cruise.

I have been told by a waiter we got to know over the years that dining arrangements are made the week before the cruise and any requests should be made then. No sooner.

You never know if the MaitreD will be off contract by the time your cruise comes around and if you send it early the next guy might not see it. Plus that way it’s fresh in their system.

We actually prefer ATD so we can always get the table we want, but we are trying a fixed seating this time around because of DH's food allergies.

I'd suggest reaching out to the Special Needs dept and let them know about DH's food allergies and let them know what your preference is for dining... they should be able to work with the Maitre D' to accommodate you- and they'll also coordinate your ordering needs with you.

Thank you everybody for the replies! A lot of useful tips that I hadn't thought of. Of course I know they are not required to answer, nor are they required to accommodate our request. I don't see how it hurts to ask?

On our last cruise we did YTD and it went okay but we thought we might try something different this time. DH ordered from the menu the night before, but then each night we had to explain to a different waiter so he could find the meals that had been prepared. One night the hostess printed out a slip with DH's info on it which seemed to make it a lot easier, but that only happened once. I was thinking having the same staff would be less of a pain for us AND for the wait staff.

I think we will try to email our table request within a week before our cruise and see how we like fixed seating. We have never had it before, I think it's always good to try things out to see how we like it! It will be a trial run for our big 10th anniversary cruise.

I know we can email the Maitre' D to request a table for two. What time frame would be best to send this request? Our cruise is 46 days out.

We actually prefer ATD so we can always get the table we want, but we are trying a fixed seating this time around because of DH's food allergies. We're thinking it will be easier to have the same wait staff all week.

Most of the time the Maitre' D will not respond to emails, it is best to ask John on his Facebook page 1 week before you cruise, I have never been turned down doing it that way.

We have always made our request 2-3 weeks from boarding, have NEVER received a reply but have always been accommodated. We check the day we board to make sure and to see where the table is located but have never had an issue with it. Note that some people say they do receive replies. Enjoy your cruise.

Same with us. Does anyone know what the seating numbers are in the MDR so that we don't have to go down to check our table all the time?

Just my experience, for the past several yeArs, I have emailed the maitre'd and I have always been accommodated. Last month I did not email prior to our sailing on the Glory. mostly because of the comments that it isn't the proper route. Upon boarding we checked with the Maitre'd, our table was not we were hoping for, he wAs unsure if he could accommodate us. He was able to do so on the second night. In the course of our conversation I mentioned that I usually do email in advance but some online thought this was frowned on. He replied that he could not think of a single reason or Maitre'd that would object to such an email and that it is much easier to accommodate guests in advance of sailing. So, I really don't know which route I will take prior to our cruise in April. Especially since we traveling with a larger group and one person has special dietary needs. As I said this is just my experience yours may not be the same.

I usually try for just about 5 days before the cruise. As long as your nit in the first day or two of the previous cruise (when they’re sorting through last minute requests), you should be fine.

He may or may not actually answer your email but in most cases the change you request gets done. After boarding go check your table assignment and if it's still not right then go see the maitre'd.

it's best to make seating arrangements in person, Maitre'ds are not required to answer 100's of annoying emails.

If making a choice for the type/size table you prefer was available at booking when you choose your type/time of dining passengers wouldn't feel the need to send "annoying emails". With a computer program that choice should be available - it is on some other lines.

For DH and I what size table we're at is as important as any other choice we make on the cruise. We see dinner in the MDR as part of our enjoyable evening activities rather that a necessary chore.

• 3 months later...

Same results here :)

If I need to email I do it on day 2 of the cruise before ours.

On my last 1/18/2018 Sunshine cruise, I never got a reply for my request and got a table for 4 instead of the 6 or 8 we requested. Personally, I think Carnival could do a heck of a lot better job assigning tables. They got to do the assignments any way but want to wait until the last minute. Then they go to all the trouble of changing arrangements after your first meal if you are upset enough to ask them.

After you purchase a cruise, Carnival asks if you want twin beds separated or put together like a king. Why can't they also ask what dining arrangement you want. At least it would give them some idea instead of blind assignments.

If they can't do that, then at least make it a VIP benefit. It would cost them nothing and make some people happy. I have completed 21 cruises and all with Carnival. WE LIKE CARNIVAL This should be no big deal if they want to please their loyal customers.

This is what I found doing a search on CC boards. I’ve emailed the maitre’d a week before sailing with my table request. Be sure to include your booking number(s) if there is more than one cabin, your stateroom number and your last name. Hope that helps!

Have a great cruise!

**maitred@carnival.com (** is the abbreviation of your ship)

FA = Fantasy

FS = Fascination

EC = Ecstasy

SE = Sensation

IS = Inspiration

IM = Imagination

EL = Elation

PA = Paradise

SP = Spirit

PR = Pride

LE = Legend

MI= Miracle

DE = Destiny

TI = Triumph

VI = Victory

CQ = Conquest

GL = Glory

LI = Liberty

VA = Valor

FD = Freedom

SL = Splendor

DR = Dream

MC = Magic

BR = Breeze

SH = Sunshine

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54602825

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks....We requested through Carnival, but never get any help. I've even sent request through special needs @ Carnival...but still no response or action. Need a small table due to health reasons,etc. Pretty tough to get through....