Some of you have interesting cruiser names

haladdict

I lived in Fort Worth when I joined CC. So k for Karen ftw for Fort Worth.

Y'know, I'd been meaning to ask you about that! I thought that perhaps it meant that you were a pilot who was based at Meacham Field. KFTW is the identifier for Meacham. I had many friends based there when I was still living in Dallas so I flew there regularly.

Oh yeah, I guess that brings up the meaning of my screen name. I'm an aviatrix (female pilot).

what fun reading all these, I didn't know what to do for my name and thought of my little guys (and gals) I'd be leaving behind when we cruised, so came up with zigdillcru for Ziggie and Dillie who go into the kennel and have fun while we cruise.

I used to change my username and email for everything based on my current car. Seeing that I switch out cars about every two years, that got to be cumbersome.

The last one that I did that stuck was about 6 cars ago and was a Solara. The djh are my initials.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

BTW, my car tag reads 'GR8 TOY'.

You should be able to figure that one out as it accurately describes what the car is.

Your name wouldn't happen to be Andrew K, would it? I worked with Andrew for a couple of years and he was very passionate about his Miata!

I'd like to buy you a cup someday. .I'm also 10-7 after 30. On the Noordam end of Mar2018

30 yrs also :) Hope to meet you one day and I will buy that cup. Unfortunately not on the Noordam, my old ship, in Mar 18. Take care and be safe!

I agree, this thread is interesting!

Mine is simply my first name as rendered in Chinese pinyn and pronounced like "Da WAY."

The inspiration was our four, older, adopted kids--all from China. Youngest was 9 at adoption. They're all on their own now and doing well, but it's a name my DW still likes to use.

David

What a great thread!!! I too just wanted to ask a question so had to join. Took half my nickname from work(Katy) most others called me Cathy. Family and others included. And other half from family nickname growing up , curl (straighten hair with soup cans, hence kacurl) had I known I would cruise and be on cc so much might have come up with something different..few I did try were taken oh well:D

Now, that's a funny quip. But I'd always heard that a major in actuarial science was for those who found accounting too exciting :D:D.

Having worked in the property and casualty insurance business my whole life - we like to say that an underwriter is someone who prices insurance BEFORE a claim. An actuary prices insurance AFTER a claim.