Some of you have interesting cruiser names

haladdict

My Haladdict is an obvious one and a few others are easy to figure out as well.

I was wondering about the unusual ones, i.e., Mamaofami, Chill 6x6, etc.

I am just curious. Does anyone want to explain their names?

Sandra

My favorite novel in high school was Don Quixote .I read the book in English ,Spanish and German .Therefore, I am Lenquixote deLaMancha .For some reason CC would not let me register as that and asked me to use numbers .

My Dad served on the USS Chew during WWII

I wrote the entry for USS Chew in the Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships. :)

My screen name is a persona from college. I'm not Joe, nor am I male. Take out the first E and you might get it. Just not the backstory. ;)

Edited by joekerstef

My father was a career officer in the Royal Canadian Engineers. In Canada military engineers are referred to as Sappers.

When we were kids my father referred to my sister and me as Sapper1 and Sapper 2.

Edward Monkton's "A Lovely Love Story" ... I bought the book for my husband not long after we met . He is the fierce dinosaur in his block of ice and I'm the lovely other dinosaur who melts the ice with kind words and loving thoughts .... :hearteyes:

I threw the letters of our names in a box and picked out a few and wound up with a dumb screen - now I have too much history on here to change. So I guess I’ll call a losnab a cute creature with an elephant like snout and a perpetual smile.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I first logged into cruise critic right after I had reviewed a report on how much of my companies product was being held by wholesalers. As a result when I needed to come up with a name the first thing that came to mine was RDC = Regional Distribution Center

Mine, "IRL_Joanie" does not stand for what everyone always think:) Most think IRL = In Real Life.......NOT!!!

IRL = Indy Racing League (hubby and I were Pit Road Photographers with one of the Indy Car drivers, Jim Guthrie and the Official Indy Racing League Fan Club The "IRL Crew" from 1996 through 2006.)

Joanie is the nickname that was literally hoisted on me back in 1989 when my Mt Hope, NJ Volunteer Fire Department decided since my last name is Jett and they knew I detested Joan Jett they'd tease me with the name "Joanie Jett." That went on for about 3 months before I gave up the fight and embraced the nickname of "Joanie."

When I went to set up my first email account, it was mainly because I had to have one for Jim Guthrie's web site (I was also his web master) and it seemed only fitting to use my IRL and my name. So......There you have it:)

Joanie