Music in Yacht Club?

cruise4kicks

On the Divina, we heard classical music for a few hours in the evenings--before dinner and after--nightly. There was a piano in the lounge area. We never heard any singing, but there was piano and violin. While very good, it wasn't really music for dancing, if that is what you are looking for. It was very low key.

A violinist accompanied by a piano player usually played between 6-7 and then again later for another hour or so. 4 or 5 nights a trio, accompanied by a singer, sang old classics. Usually, it was right after dinner ended.

On the fantasia transatlantic in November for 14 nts they had the same female pianist every night who sang and just pounded the same notes on the piano, Did not recognise any of the music it all sounded the same and eventually became enough to drive you out of the lounge.

Thank you, everyone, for all the great feedback!

Great videos, Norwegian cruiser 73. I could probably do without the opera, though. Not quite the venue for that. Sounds like people were being blasted out of their seats. :o

By the middle of our last cruise I would have killed for a quiet, relaxed area to listen to a piano or strings. The crowds everywhere were incredible, and the music not very good. We ended up retreating to our cabin every night. We could have stayed home for that.

Sounds like Yacht Club may be just what I was looking for!

On the fantasia transatlantic in November for 14 nts they had the same female pianist every night who sang and just pounded the same notes on the piano, Did not recognise any of the music it all sounded the same and eventually became enough to drive you out of the lounge.

Her name was Ivana. We suffered through two Fantasia cruises with her pounding the piano on a Persian Gulf cruise in March 2017 and then again for the repositiioning Dubai-Civitavecchia. Then we joined the Fantasia again on 25 November and we had the unpleasant surprise to find her again in the Top Sail Lounge. Even the staff of butlers complained that the music(?) was irritating. Finally toward the end of the cruise my wife complained to the cruise director and the next day she was moved and we had a great pianist/singer (Augusto I think his name was).

Her name was Ivana. We suffered through two Fantasia cruises with her pounding the piano on a Persian Gulf cruise in March 2017 and then again for the repositiioning Dubai-Civitavecchia. Then we joined the Fantasia again on 25 November and we had the unpleasant surprise to find her again in the Top Sail Lounge. Even the staff of butlers complained that the music(?) was irritating.

Oh dear ............... I hope she hasn't been moved to Splendida. I don't fancy four weeks of listening to someone pounding the piano in the TSL - the piano playing is usually just a very nice background sound to complement the sedate, relaxing atmosphere in the lounge.

Oh so do I, we are on splendid in two weeks. Only for a week, but trust me that would be seven days too long to listen to her. I don't believe she can play anything, just as the previous person said just thump thump on the same set of keys. Very poor for anywhere let alone the YC.

Oh so do I, we are on splendid in two weeks. Only for a week, but trust me that would be seven days too long to listen to her. I don't believe she can play anything, just as the previous person said just thump thump on the same set of keys. Very poor for anywhere let alone the YC.

Are you planning to do a report about your cruise? I'd be really interested in hearing about the enhancements to Splendida, especially in YC, but I'm also curious to know if the Tex-Mex restaurant has been replaced with an asian-themed one in preparation for the China season and if the MSC for Me app and associated technology has been installed. You could also give us a heads-up as to whether the piano-thumper is ensconced in TSL. :eek:

I wasn't planning a report, but I will certainly try and answer the questions you have raised. Although never having been on splendida the only comparison I will have is Fantasia from last november.

Much appreciated. I'm curious to know if they've installed USB ports in the cabins.

I don't know if you're aware that there were to be "significant" enhancements to Splendida when she was in dry dock in November last for her debut season in China. MSC will be showcasing the YC experience so I'm hoping that there's been some really nice additions made:

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/msc-cruises-ups-its-game-in-china-with-msc-splendida.html