Bermuda Beach Question 🤗😎

ps4125

We're doing a 7 day and will be in Bermuda for 3 days. We only plan to do one snorkeling excursion and spend the rest of the time lounging on the beach :cool:. Are there beaches where we can rent beach loungers and umbrellas? If so, any idea of approximate cost? Thanks!

There is a beach that you can walk to, snorkel beach, if you are docked at the Dockyard. But if you don't mind a taxi or bus ride, head to Horseshoe Bay which is much prettier.

For sure go to Horseshoe or Tobacco Bay. Snorkel Park is close, but it is a MANMADE beach - it actually used to be a waste disposal area for Bermudians, however it was cleaned up and created specifically for cruise ship tourists.

Horseshoe Bay and other natural beaches are gorgeous and not to be missed!

Have fun! :D

Have been to Bermuda 3 times. We like the smaller remote beaches. We always spend a day like this: Take the bus to the stop closest Gibb Lighthouse...climb to the top! Walk to Church Bay beach to lounge. They have a local that has snorkel equipment and loungers etc. Note that it can be choppy on occasion here so it might not be great for snorkeling. Take the bus to The Swizzle Inn (South Shore) for a couple of pitchers of rum swizzle, awesome food, and a giant slab of chocolate peanut butter pie. Stagger back to the bus stop : )

Horseshoe bay is beautiful but crowded.......take a taxi to Warwick Long bay. It's a beautiful beach, then you can walk to Horseshoe and stop at the bays and beaches in between including Jobson Cove and Chaplin Bay When we did this a couple places had no one there, no one but us. very easy walk and you can google and see it on the maps. Just pack some snacks and water from ship. You can end at Horseshoe Bay with all the others

i LOVE bermuda and its beaches. taht said, Snorkel Park sucks, although its not bad for the last day when you dont want to venture too far from the dockyard.

there is a nice secluded beach near Somerset that we like. Also, everyone should see Horseshoe bay once - we always go first thing in the a.m, and walk all the way down towards Warwick Long Bay - much fewer crowds. we usually head out around 1pm when it gets packed.

Tobacco Bay is also nice, as is Elbow Beach.

I've been to Bermuda several times you are going to absolutely LOVE it!

Horseshoe Bay was nice...but it can get really crowded so keep that in mind..

Tobacco Bay is gorgeous and my personal favorite.

There is also Sea Glass Beach which is near the Dockyard...you can take a 5 minute taxi ride to it. We have gone every trip to Bermuda we just love it! The kids absolutely LOVE this spot as well. It was something they've never seen before, sea glass just everywhere. We are usually the only ones there so it's wonderful to have our own little getaway on the island. Believe it or not there is amazing snorkeling there as well. We saw a ton of different fish and even a small octopus. Here are some photos from our last visit in 2015. d3bdb633ee37f2beff22ac6b7eff991e.jpgdc38dc9f92b80e76e792b550b019d9fd.jpg325e0c666afe762b4aed193518273b4b.jpg9abcb8fe6a0bf917369ebd6bae22810f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Continued...

If you're looking to get away from the crowds and have a super relaxed gorgeous beach experience I would suggest booking a day pass through Coco Reef Resort...I'm not sure what pricing is now but when we went it was around $70 pp I believe. (Kids are half price) That included use of their resort, chairs, umbrellas, private beach, pool, towels, and it also included a 3 course lunch w/ an alcoholic beverage of your choice. It was definitely worth the fee. Again the private beach may have had 10 people on it the whole day we were there. Here are some pictures from our day at the resort.390b16238f63cf3bc8f5bcf16affc3cf.jpged987ea065cb665fecda911e1242fc62.jpg92ee23ad75b580441aa9bb9c37b52106.jpg99ca78ca0a942f590db7e91a6f0b8478.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're looking to get away from the crowds and have a super relaxed gorgeous beach experience I would suggest booking a day pass through Coco Reef Resort...I'm not sure what pricing is now but when we went it was around $70 pp I believe. (Kids are half price)

Coco Reef is great! Current price is $99 for adult and $55 for children 3-11. They do not accept direct reservations anymore. Can only be booked through http://www.resortforaday.com. (Note for mobility-impaired folks - the resort is located on a hill and there are significant steps to get from the pool area to the beach. Also, the pool area is only accessed via a steep driveway (outside) or a pretty tall stairway (from inside the hotel.) You can see both stairways in the photos sarahc78 posted above.

We're doing a 7 day and will be in Bermuda for 3 days. We only plan to do one snorkeling excursion and spend the rest of the time lounging on the beach :cool:. Are there beaches where we can rent beach loungers and umbrellas? If so, any idea of approximate cost? Thanks!

Take the NCL FREE Ferry to St. George.

Snorkel from the Tobbaco bay beach .

Has NCL started a free shuttle to St. George? I've been twice and have always bought the multi-day ferry/bus pass.

Yes they have.

From C.C. poster blueseas777

"After the successful ferry runs between Dockyard and St. George's on the leased Bo Hengy II throughout summer 2017, NCL purchased Bo Hengy II in Oct 2017, and the ferry boat is now being refitted and renovated for Summer 2018."

Yes they have.

From C.C. poster

"After the successful ferry runs between Dockyard and St. George's on the leased Bo Hengy II throughout summer 2017, NCL purchased Bo Hengy II in Oct 2017, and the ferry boat is now being refitted and renovated for Summer 2018."

This is awesome! Thank you!