RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Agree that view is great! :hearteyes: Especially coming out of Skagway with those glaciers and waterfalls. Very dramatic.

Typical on Alaska cruises to have very few upper tier C&A members. Those cruises are expensive and the flights are not cheap...but oh so worth it! :cool: DL is never crowded on those sailings.

I've only done 1 Alaska cruise but there were only 29 TOTAL D, D+, & PC. It was great, we practically had the lounges to ourselves!

This isn't a whole lot more Pinnacles than we had this fall. Only one concierge in DL, most likely still Beatrice.

I still don't find the SL to be overcrowded, probably due to the uninviting furniture. :evilsmile:

Agree with that!! Yuck...mismatched uninviting yard sale furniture. Not very classy. Still like the bar seating better, and "early" cocktail hour starting at 11am. ;)

Yeah, poor overworked Beatrice is still the only one in the DL. She has more than twice as many pax to oversee.

LOL...also perfect observation. [emoji3]

Yes having a status in a CC signature, because I was sick of being asked by annoying people, is exactly the same thing as a tacky pin attached to my outfit all day on a cruise ship. [emoji849][emoji849]. Nice work [emoji1303] Literally just put that in there this week. Have no problem removing it.

I think the real issue here is old people having a problem with all millennials, and the fact that we aren’t afraid to say it how it is. If we were to take a vote of actual non-biased people (not in this thread obviously) I’d win [emoji3]

Yes having a status in a CC signature, because I was sick of being asked by annoying people, is exactly the same thing as a tacky pin attached to my outfit all day on a cruise ship. [emoji849][emoji849]. Nice work [emoji1303] Literally just put that in there this week. Have no problem removing it.

I think the real issue here is old people having a problem with all millennials, and the fact that we aren’t afraid to say it how it is. If we were to take a vote of actual non-biased people (not in this thread obviously) I’d win [emoji3]

I wear my pin just to annoy people. Happy it is working!! ;p:')

This isn't a whole lot more Pinnacles than we had this fall. Only one concierge in DL, most likely still Beatrice.

I still don't find the SL to be overcrowded, probably due to the uninviting furniture. :evilsmile:

I believe in the Oct each week there were only 30 something p members.
Hi Frank, Claudine and Federico in the Suite Lounge. I believe it is Beatrice in the Diamond Lounge.

Coastal Kitchen was crowded and very loud between 6:00 PM and 7:30 PM.

Hope you are having a fun time. Wonder why they did not have overflow in Blaze? Seems like about the same numbers of d and d+ sailing.

I don't remember Coastal or SL being so crowded and loud in the fall.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis. You are flaunting your tier level and now you've been busted on it. You drew the negative attention to yourself. Whether you want to admit it or not. Displaying it in your signature is your choice just like those electing to wear their tier level pin/badge around the ship or wherever. The point is why would anyone care or be annoyed by it. :rolleyes: I can only imagine how you feel about those wearing their gold Seapass cards around their necks on lanyards.

Lighten up Francis. You're flaunting your tier level and now you've been busted on it. You drew the negative attention to yourself. Whether you want to admit it or not. Displaying it in your signature is your choice just like those electing to wear their tier level pin/badge around the ship or wherever. The point is why would anyone care or be annoyed by it. :rolleyes: I can only imagine how you feel about those wearing their gold Seapass cards around their necks on lanyards.

I never once said I cared, or was annoyed by it [emoji849]

People can’t seem to let it go, and keep quoting posts so I’ll keep responding. [emoji3] Am I the one who’s bothered by the pins, or are the people who keep getting defensive about someone calling out tackiness bothered by it? To each there own, I guess.

Lighten up Francis. You are flaunting your tier level and now you've been busted on it. You drew the negative attention to yourself. Whether you want to admit it or not. Displaying it in your signature is your choice just like those electing to wear their tier level pin/badge around the ship or wherever. The point is why would anyone care or be annoyed by it. :rolleyes: I can only imagine how you feel about those wearing their gold Seapass cards around their necks on lanyards.

Hey. I wear my Gold Card on a lanyard. Otherwise I would lose it. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I never once said I cared, or was annoyed by it [emoji849]

People can’t seem to let it go, and keep quoting posts so I’ll keep responding. [emoji3] Am I the one who’s bothered by the pins, or are the people who keep getting defensive about someone calling out tackiness bothered by it? To each there own, I guess.

Ok I'm not a mind reader but that was my impression from your OP.:evilsmile: Possibly like you, those that wear their pins/badges might have the same attitude like you and are "sick of being asked by annoying people". :confused: You are correct, one mans floor is another mans ceiling. Peace.

Edited by davekathy

And I need it for drinks. I would say if I didn’t need it for the DP, it’s likely to be in my pocket. I don’t wear pocketed shirts during daytime.

My Ralph Lauren polo shirts are pocket less too.

I carry a P&O cruise card holder,our family accumulated lots of these before P&O stopped supplying them.

My Ralph Lauren polo shirts are pocket less too.

I carry a P&O cruise card holder,our family accumulated lots of these before P&O stopped supplying them.

Maybe if you had the drink package and used it, you would find its would be a pain to pull out the card to be swiped each drink. We tried the card sleeves but they were a pain.

Just back from 10 day Serenade cruise. With over 350 D&D+, total available seating in DL was 34. Long waits for drinks each night as well as almost zero seating. We all asked why the door connecting the Vortex lounge with DL was not opened to create a normal overflow area (this was done each night on this same ship back in 2015 NE cruise).

The diamond concierge said it was "corporate decision to keep this door shut".

I have never experienced such an overcrowded DL in all the cruises we have taken as diamonds. Most others we talked to agreed.

Needless to say, there were a lot of pissed off guests each night. Most of them got so frustrated they left and used their sea pass drinks elsewhere.

Now I don't have a problem with the 3 free sea pass drinks.....however, as diamonds, the DL experience is important for meeting old friends and socializing in your own private lounge. This is what loyal customers pay their money on and expect a consistent corp. policy (providing adequate overflow areas with proper personnel).

Please, chime in diamond members if you have had similar recent DL issues.

I would hate to think corporate is modifying their DL policy to put profit over loyalty.

I find the Diamond Lounge to be stuffy and lacking in atmosphere. As far as corporate going for profit over loyalty, it has been heading that way for the last couple of years and not only with the chinch bug attitude toward Crown and Anchor functions and venues but with profit versus all guests.

I find the Diamond Lounge to be stuffy and lacking in atmosphere. As far as corporate going for profit over loyalty, it has been heading that way for the last couple of years and not only with the chinch bug attitude toward Crown and Anchor functions and venues but with profit versus all guests.

We rarely stay more than 1 hour in the DL.

I'll be emerald after upcoming cruise and have been hell bent on getting to Diamond. But the more I think about it, really.. whats the point? The drinks are a great benefit but I always buy the drink package so that negates any benefit there. I once ducked a rope (on accident?) and boarded with the Diamond +'s and that was pretty sweet. Still I think we boarded after the suite guests.

So I don't mean this in a negative way, I do want to get to Diamond, but what makes this level so special for people? From what I see priority boarding and free drinks. But if you're boarding after Suite guests and buying the drink package, is it just a status thing? More pull at guest services?

Really just curious..

You were reading my mind. Three free drinks? ooooooooh. We always get the drink package anyway. Without sounding negative. Guest services is going down hill a little anyway.