RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

We rarely stay more than 1 hour in the DL.

We spend very little time in the DL also. We prefer the Schooner bar. We eat early MTD so we don't eat the snacks in the DL. We usually have the BP too. However we have meant some really nice people in the DL and had a lot of laughs.

It sounds like you are saying people will jump to more expensive cruises that are inclusive? I would like to see a poll of P’s and Diamonds if they are willing to pay more to have a Lounge and drinks???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The point is it doesn’t cost significantly more. Add up all the extra charges add them to your cruise fare and if you add everything the cost is not significantly more.

We spend very little time in the DL also. We prefer the Schooner bar. We eat early MTD so we don't eat the snacks in the DL. We usually have the BP too. However we have meant some really nice people in the DL and had a lot of laughs.

We like the live music in Schooner bar.

Usually call into DL around 7.30 pm for an hour before going to MTD at 8.30 pm.

I find the Diamond Lounge to be stuffy and lacking in atmosphere. <SNIP>

Some are better than others but I believe it really depends on the people you socialize and interact with. For the most part I've enjoyed it. Sometimes it's stuffy and lacks atmosphere. My two pennies

Agree that view is great! [emoji813]eyes: Especially coming out of Skagway with those glaciers and waterfalls. Very dramatic.

Typical on Alaska cruises to have very few upper tier C&A members. Those cruises are expensive and the flights are not cheap...but oh so worth it! :cool: DL is never crowded on those sailings.

I have to agree. Went onboard explorer ending of June. There were never more than 20 people in the dl during cocktail hours. The servers started making your drinks when you entered. I gave them tips with every drink and a little extra on the last night. I felt sorry that they were not making tips because there just weren't many members going to the lounge.

Christopher the dl concierge said he loved the Alaska cruises! I can see why from his point of view. The busiest the lounge ever got was the transit of skagway glacier.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

[/b]

I've only done 1 Alaska cruise but there were only 29 TOTAL D, D+, & PC. It was great, we practically had the lounges to ourselves!

Cruise I was on had no pinnacles and less than 40 total d and d+ members. Wife, son and I made up 8% of that contingent!

Maybe if you had the drink package and used it, you would find its would be a pain to pull out the card to be swiped each drink. We tried the card sleeves but they were a pain.

I use the Nike lanyards with the detachable clip. Makes it so easy to just unclip from lanyard and reattach to lanyard when the card comes back. Also makes opening your door easy as you don't have to bend down or take the lanyard off. I also know where it is all the time. Have never had the gold card in all our cruises.

I use the Nike lanyards with the detachable clip. Makes it so easy to just unclip from lanyard and reattach to lanyard when the card comes back. Also makes opening your door easy as you don't have to bend down or take the lanyard off. I also know where it is all the time. Have never had the gold card in all our cruises.

I use a lanyard that says US Army and it too has a quick release clip. Until i ungraded my life, I used to sail in balconies and had my regular Sea Pass card on a lanyard. Nobody seemed to have an issue with it.

I use a lanyard that says US Army and it too has a quick release clip. Until i ungraded my life, I used to sail in balconies and had my regular Sea Pass card on a lanyard. Nobody seemed to have an issue with it.

I didn't have a gold card so not showing status or anything but that lanyard on 26 cruises so far makes cruising so much simpler. In turn it makes my cruise so much more relaxing.

I just heard from my brother, so I know it’s true. They cruise Friday on SR. Mario is Concierge and told him over 200+ D&D+ and 50+ P will be onboard. This is 10 night.

Will be on the SR after this weeks cruise. I wonder how many D, D+ and P will be on? 250 doesn't seem so bad when you are on oasis class with 600 D, D+ and P members. Wonder if the VCL will be used as overflow?

You had the purple/maroon/plum one though.

I found this old lanyard from an Oasis Glow party. I might just wear it.

9b142fd9ad07feda9aeca75d5c54796c.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You had the purple/maroon/plum one though.

I found this old lanyard from an Oasis Glow party. I might just wear it.

9b142fd9ad07feda9aeca75d5c54796c.jpg

Yes we did. Not sure this was directed to us or not.

I just assumed the Plum/Purple/Maroon were nearly the same as a Gold Sea Pass card. The colored ones are for Star/Sky/Sea Class as you are well aware since Oasis is your new adopted ship. Lol

Hi Frank, Claudine and Federico in the Suite Lounge. I believe it is Beatrice in the Diamond Lounge.

Coastal Kitchen was crowded and very loud between 6:00 PM and 7:30 PM.

Thanks -- I am one of the people who keeps us the Current Concierge thread and the Google Doc spreadsheet.

What time is late seating for your cruise? Did CK empty out after 7:30 PM?

Good golly Miss Mollie....look how my little IP took on a life of its own....585 posts over 30 pages! Interesting discussions and comments. Maybe we can take this in a different direction on this thread or perhaps a fellow diamond with more time on their hands would start a separate thread:

"Grade Your DL Experience"

1. Cruise date/ship

2. Est. number of D,D+.

3. DL experience (seating capacity, bar service, food).

4. Overflow lounge/area available?

5.Overall grade: A, B, C, D, or F.

Why wouldn't corporate suites not be interested in this?

Carry on...

1) Ovation of the Seas. June 2017 Tianjin China to Japan 4 days & 5 days

2) 10 max lololo

3) Concierge lounge shared with suite guests. Capacity approx. 60 I guess. Bar service and finger food exemplary. Probably because we were the ONLY guests in the lounge at times. Maybe 20 people on a busy night.

4) Underflow lounge would have been a more essential requirement.

5) A+. The four golden concierges and the bar staff treated us like royalty. Lovely people.

So if you want to beat the crowds ....and get giant woks full of chicken feet in the Windjammer ..head east.

A few comments.

We really appreciate everything we get as D+ cruisers.

I have never witnessed anyone querying or commenting about people's status in lounges because of their age.

We enjoy the D lounge and the free drinks but the best attraction is that it sort of funnels down the large ship by ship population into a smaller population making it much easier to meet people that you have met and chatted with on previous cruises which does enable you to build friendships.

This would not happen if you just took your drinks in various bars each night.

1) Ovation of the Seas. June 2017 Tianjin China to Japan 4 days & 5 days

2) 10 max lololo

3) Concierge lounge shared with suite guests. Capacity approx. 60 I guess. Bar service and finger food exemplary. Probably because we were the ONLY guests in the lounge at times. Maybe 20 people on a busy night.

4) Underflow lounge would have been a more essential requirement.

5) A+. The four golden concierges and the bar staff treated us like royalty. Lovely people.

So if you want to beat the crowds ....and get giant woks full of chicken feet in the Windjammer ..head east.

A few comments.

We really appreciate everything we get as D+ cruisers.

I have never witnessed anyone querying or commenting about people's status in lounges because of their age.

We enjoy the D lounge and the free drinks but the best attraction is that it sort of funnels down the large ship by ship population into a smaller population making it much easier to meet people that you have met and chatted with on previous cruises which does enable you to build friendships.

This would not happen if you just took your drinks in various bars each night.

Moral to your story. It is good to be downunder on a RCI ship. Here we have lots of ships living near the ports, so, in the winter lots of repeat passengers. So the lounges are full.

I could have visited the CL on our cruise and I didn't even think about it, just hung out in the Music Hall in the DL. On our repositioning cruise from Singapore to Tianjin, the music Hall/ DL was about 70% full on the busy nights.

JC

Moral to your story. It is good to be downunder on a RCI ship. Here we have lots of ships living near the ports, so, in the winter lots of repeat passengers. So the lounges are full.

I could have visited the CL on our cruise and I didn't even think about it, just hung out in the Music Hall in the DL. On our repositioning cruise from Singapore to Tianjin, the music Hall/ DL was about 70% full on the busy nights.

JC

I'll bet our Singapore to Barcelona trip on Mariner will be pretty packed.

Thanks -- I am one of the people who keeps us the Current Concierge thread and the Google Doc spreadsheet.

Coastal Kitchen had dinner reservations for 150 last night. Was still busy when we left at 8:00 PM. We always have a 6:30 PM seating.

Tonight was not as busy or loud. Finished dinner 20 minutes earlier then last night.

Coastal Kitchen had dinner reservations for 150 last night. Was still busy when we left at 8:00 PM. We always have a 6:30 PM seating.

Tonight was not as busy or loud. Finished dinner 20 minutes earlier then last night.

150's not bad. That's just two turns. I've seen them seating people at 9pm

On our Allure sailing, Concierge said 630 was most asked for time. We also reserved 630 as our dinner time.

6:30 seems a waste of a table. If venue opens at 5:30, they really can't use those slots earlier

Well that’s what time we wanted to eat. [emoji23]

We got the impression that although they would give out individual times, they treated CK as early and late seating with some bit of overlap.

We typically do Royal Excursions and 530 is just too early and we are not late Dinning people.

Everything is pointing towards Royal kicking Diamonds out of the Diamond Lounge and requiring that they use the drink vouchers. Changing the name to Diamond Plus Lounge and kicking the pluses out of the Concierge Lounge.

There are just way to many Diamonds now.

I think they might increase the vouchers from 3 to unlimited during the Happy Hours???

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree.

Late seating for the main dining room was 7:30 PM. Early seating was 5:30 PM.