RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Here we go again. Lol. Get used to it as it seems this is the direction Royal is going.

I personally believe it is the increase in numbers of D and above that is attributed to any crowding. Royal is not going to create another Lounge (3).

Also the nature of the cheaper (less expensive) cruise dates. Want to insure likely space in DL or Lounge, don’t sail in off season when rates are the cheapest or book a Suite (SL).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry to wake you up lol.

I thought you would pick up on this.

Graham

Sorry to wake you up lol.

I thought you would pick up on this.

Graham

Yep. Lol

Here is what I say. It seems that not having access to two Lounges on some ships really bothers you. If it means so much to you, then book a full Suite. You will enjoy the SL and CK experience and thank me later.

Royal is not going to remove revenue producing areas to accommodate D or D+.

On Oasis this week. 584 Diamond and Diamond Plus. Also 57 Pinnacle. No over flow for crowded Diamond Lounge.
Wow who are the concierges in the sl and dl? With that many it must be standing room only in dl. CK must be a little busy with that many p members on board.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Yep. Lol

Here is what I say. It seems that not having access to two Lounges on some ships really bothers you. If it means so much to you, then book a full Suite. You will enjoy the SL and CK experience and thank me later.

Royal is not going to remove revenue producing areas to accommodate D or D+.

It doesn't bother me but i was answering another poster.

We could go in the suite but as i said before balcony or JS is fine which enables us to,

November 5 star hotel in Spain.

January 2018.5 star hotel in Tenerife.

March 2018. 5 star hotel in Spain.

May cruise on refurbished Independence.

It doesn't bother me but i was answering another poster.

We could go in the suite but as i said before balcony or JS is fine which enables us to,

November 5 star hotel in Spain.

January 2018.5 star hotel in Tenerife.

March 2018. 5 star hotel in Spain.

May cruise on refurbished Independence.

I wonder if Indy will have a SL?

Wow who are the concierges in the sl and dl? With that many it must be standing room only in dl. CK must be a little busy with that many p members on board.

This isn't a whole lot more Pinnacles than we had this fall. Only one concierge in DL, most likely still Beatrice.

I still don't find the SL to be overcrowded, probably due to the uninviting furniture. :evilsmile:

That’s cool, Navy Chiefs. That is quite an accomplishment for both of you to have made Chief.

Army here But was Stationed at Little Creek for some unique training.

Sallie was chief and I was Master Chief but somehow she still outranks me....

Hi Frank, Claudine and Federico in the Suite Lounge. I believe it is Beatrice in the Diamond Lounge.

Coastal Kitchen was crowded and very loud between 6:00 PM and 7:30 PM.

I'll be emerald after upcoming cruise and have been hell bent on getting to Diamond. But the more I think about it, really.. whats the point? The drinks are a great benefit but I always buy the drink package so that negates any benefit there. I once ducked a rope (on accident?) and boarded with the Diamond +'s and that was pretty sweet. Still I think we boarded after the suite guests.

So I don't mean this in a negative way, I do want to get to Diamond, but what makes this level so special for people? From what I see priority boarding and free drinks. But if you're boarding after Suite guests and buying the drink package, is it just a status thing? More pull at guest services?

Really just curious..

We are diamond and feel no more special with the "status" then we do on NCL is a lower status category. We never stay in the Diamond Lounge are we are usually younger then most of the couples and enjoy coming in, getting our drink(s) and going elsewhere anyway. Then later we settle in at a lounge and use our 3 vouchers with friends who have yet to obtain drinks status. Earlier boarding isn't special other then we get to eat, say 20 minutes before it gets too crowded. All in all, we are giving up caring what the status is cause it doesn't seem to special anymore and I've watched too many people try and use their status while making a ass of themselves.

When we were on the Radiance for our Alaska cruise, we went up to the DL during the glacier sight-seeing portion of the cruise because the view was so great. (Better than our balcony). There were others up there doing the same thing but it wasn't crowded.

Agree that view is great! :hearteyes: Especially coming out of Skagway with those glaciers and waterfalls. Very dramatic.

Typical on Alaska cruises to have very few upper tier C&A members. Those cruises are expensive and the flights are not cheap...but oh so worth it! :cool: DL is never crowded on those sailings.