RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I was in the 101st Airborne Division during Nam. It wasn’t popular to serve during that time. I have several hats with a Screaming Eagle that I wear proudly. Life lessons tell me don’t sweat the small stuff. Things could be much worse.

Obviously, it bothers you they wear their pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, obviously!

Thank you for your service!

<SNIP>>Do military members wear their medals of achievement any time they are in public?? <SNIP>>

Sometimes. I see a lot of veteran hats. Some put medals on them and I've seen the purple heart the most. I don't see it as flaunting however. My neighbor wears a Vietnam Veteran hat. I think it's a matter of pride for him. I was in Vietnam but I don't wear hats. But if I did, I guess I would consider a Vietnam Veteran hat.

My wife and I are both retired Navy (hence our screen name) so again, in our minds ... pride.

If someone wants to wear a CA level pin, I'm OK with it. It's the people flaunting it it to try to get better seats or a place in line when not policy that's troublesome for me. I see many people in the Diamond lounge wearing their pins and most all are very nice people.

<SNIP>>Do military members wear their medals of achievement any time they are in public?? <SNIP>>

Sometimes. I see a lot of veteran hats. Some put medals on them and I've seen the purple heart the most. I don't see it as flaunting however. My neighbor wears a Vietnam Veteran hat. I think it's a matter of pride for him. I was in Vietnam but I don't wear hats. But if I did, I guess I would consider a Vietnam Veteran hat.

My wife and I are both retired Navy (hence our screen name) so again, in our minds ... pride.

If someone wants to wear a CA level pin, I'm OK with it. It's the people flaunting it it to try to get better seats or a place in line when not policy that's troublesome for me. I see many people in the Diamond lounge wearing their pins and most all are very nice people.

That’s cool, Navy Chiefs. That is quite an accomplishment for both of you to have made Chief.

Army here But was Stationed at Little Creek for some unique training.

Why do you flaunt it in your signature?? Same thing

Explain how there is any reason at all to wear it other than to “show off” or “flaunt their status” or “be recognized for your achievement” as others have said the reasons are? You aren’t wearing it for yourself, because you know when you are pinnacle, obviously. You aren’t wearing it for the crew, because they will know who you are on day 1. So then why? It’s for others to notice lol. Which in many cultures, trying to be noticed is tacky. I’m not alone in this thinking am I?

As you said, it’s not your proghtive to pay attention or care what anyone else is wearing in the MDR. Which I 100% agree. Just like the pins, I don’t care at all that people wear them I just simply said I think it’s gaudy and tacky.

It’s somehow only ok for a pineapple to care about what others are doing or what they are thinking because they are forcing the fact that they are the highest status on people around them by wearing it.

I’ve been on many cruises that Craig was sailing on. Ate meals with him and many other pinnacles. Sat in the b2b lounge with him. Never once have I seen him wear it and he’s at what 4K points? As has also been said, it’s all about how you act. No one else other than you, really cares if you are pinnacle. It’s a great achievement yes.... but no one else cares.

Do military members wear their medals of achievement any time they are in public?? How about Olympic medalists? The list goes on....

But when someone else does it it's gaudy and tacky. :confused:

I was in the 101st Airborne Division during Nam. It wasn’t popular to serve during that time. I have several hats with a Screaming Eagle that I wear proudly. Life lessons tell me don’t sweat the small stuff. Things could be much worse.

Obviously, it bothers you they wear their pins.

Quit trying to make me like you.

JC

Go to Top Tier party and have a couple screwdrivers or mimosas. Head up to SL for pre lunch beer, go to CK at 12:30 for lunch and a few white zins. Head back to room and have some C&A wine. Go to SL at 3:00 for more beers, leave around 4:00 with drinks, go to DL stay till 6:00, go to CK enjoy dinner with more drinks, head to Blaze for pre show cocktails, go to show, head back to SL for nitecap.

Total cost, Maybe $20 in tips.

Have liver checked in the morning.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Wow John did not notice you or Laura drinking so much in CK or SL. Must have been doing the drinking before we saw you at dinner [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good golly Miss Mollie....look how my little IP took on a life of its own....585 posts over 30 pages! Interesting discussions and comments. Maybe we can take this in a different direction on this thread or perhaps a fellow diamond with more time on their hands would start a separate thread:

"Grade Your DL Experience"

1. Cruise date/ship

2. Est. number of D,D+.

3. DL experience (seating capacity, bar service, food).

4. Overflow lounge/area available?

5.Overall grade: A, B, C, D, or F.

Why wouldn't corporate suites not be interested in this?

Carry on...

Good golly Miss Mollie....look how my little IP took on a life of its own....585 posts over 30 pages! Interesting discussions and comments. Maybe we can take this in a different direction on this thread or perhaps a fellow diamond with more time on their hands would start a separate thread:

"Grade Your DL Experience"

1. Cruise date/ship

2. Est. number of D,D+.

3. DL experience (seating capacity, bar service, food).

4. Overflow lounge/area available?

5.Overall grade: A, B, C, D, or F.

Why wouldn't corporate suites not be interested in this?

Carry on...

Oasis this coming Sunday

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You can thank the loss of the CL for the new SL for all this overcrowding.

Here we go again. Lol. Get used to it as it seems this is the direction Royal is going.

I personally believe it is the increase in numbers of D and above that is attributed to any crowding. Royal is not going to create another Lounge (3).

Also the nature of the cheaper (less expensive) cruise dates. Want to insure likely space in DL or Lounge, don’t sail in off season when rates are the cheapest or book a Suite (SL).