RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

7:30, really? It was 5:30 and 8:00 in December on Oasis. I don't recall ever seeing 2 hours between seatings in MDR. Always 2 and a half.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hi John. Just thought I would advise that I checked the Oasis West compasses for Jan 7th and Late is now 730pm. My time is still 500 to 900. Posted the other day when I saw this and Bob responded and said had been numerous post. Hope ou cold weather is almost gone here in Florida. Bob

Hi John. Just thought I would advise that I checked the Oasis West compasses for Jan 7th and Late is now 730pm. My time is still 500 to 900. Posted the other day when I saw this and Bob responded and said had been numerous post. Hope ou cold weather is almost gone here in Florida. Bob

Curious if that changes lounge hours

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Coastal Kitchen had dinner reservations for 150 last night. Was still busy when we left at 8:00 PM. We always have a 6:30 PM seating.

Tonight was not as busy or loud. Finished dinner 20 minutes earlier then last night.

Forgot to ask, is Vane still the CK manager? Who is the hostess?

thanks in advance

Interesting topic, late to the party, but glad to know they are still doing the three drinks for Diamond members in the lounges. That is more than enough for us, no need for unlimited, I do want to know what I'm having for dinner and not pass out in the soup.

As far as the Diamond Lounges, I have used them to get morning coffee, but half the time the machine is broken. I went in one once with my husband soon after we hit the goal, but we are not gad flies, we don't meet and greet well, getting to know our dinner companions is enough for us, so we are quite happy to sit and relax in the Schooner Bar, watch the passers by and imbibe in a few drinks before dinner and chatting with fellow passengers.

Of the Concierges I've met, they are not the friendliest of staffers, so we are happy to bypass them.

On the SeaPass discussion, I usually have a pocket or somewhere to stash my card. I attend a lot of functions where i have to wear a lanyard and I hate them. I refuse to wear one on my vacation.

Interesting topic, late to the party, but glad to know they are still doing the three drinks for Diamond members in the lounges. ...

Just to clarify, drinks are unlimited in the lounges during the cocktail period. The 3 drink vouchers are for drinks outside the lounges, during the same cocktail period.

Just to clarify, drinks are unlimited in the lounges during the cocktail period. The 3 drink vouchers are for drinks outside the lounges, during the same cocktail period.

My guess, and only a guess, before Royal kicks anyone out of DL, they will first limit drinks to 3, period. This should free up some lounge space. This is a cost savings for Royal and easier on the general population of Diamonds then kicking them out. Less PO’d people.

If this doesn’t free up Space then it will be easy to leave drinks at 3 limit.

Look at Royals financial numbers. Nobody is leaving because of price increases and reduction of FREE perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My guess, and only a guess, before Royal kicks anyone out of DL, they will first limit drinks to 3, period. This should free up some lounge space. This is a cost savings for Royal and easier on the general population of Diamonds then kicking them out. Less PO’d people.

If this doesn’t free up Space then it will be easy to leave drinks at 3 limit.

Look at Royals financial numbers. Nobody is leaving because of price increases and reduction of FREE perks.

I'm surprised that this has not happened yet

The Food and Beverage manager on Freedom told me last night they are gradually changing all ships to 530pm or 730pm MDR seating. We have not been able to get in until 745/750 each night.

Royal is having a hard time kicking out the 530 pm dinner stragelers.....

Freedom started this 2 weeks ago and our wait staff hates it. This is the queue last night at 748 pm for our 730 pm dinner time.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

eba9f37d8de8b444fa50ce4a94a5f0ca.jpg

Edited by Beachammo

The Food and Beverage manager on Freedom told me last night they are gradually changing all ships to 530pm or 730pm MDR seating. We have not been able to get in until 745/750 each night.

Freedom started this 2 weeks ago and our wait staff hates it.

Shelton, did they say the reason for the change? What are they trying to accomplish by changing the times?

Shelton, did they say the reason for the change? What are they trying to accomplish by changing the times?
According to "after cruise" surveys is what I was told. Passengers from the US wanted earlier and faster dining experiences. I'm sure Royal wanted them back out spending money in the bars???

Crew is having a very hard time turning the dining room around that quickly.

Lighten up Francis. You are flaunting your tier level and now you've been busted on it. You drew the negative attention to yourself. Whether you want to admit it or not. Displaying it in your signature is your choice just like those electing to wear their tier level pin/badge around the ship or wherever. The point is why would anyone care or be annoyed by it. :rolleyes: I can only imagine how you feel about those wearing their gold Seapass cards around their necks on lanyards.

Well put. ;)

I have to agree. Went onboard explorer ending of June. There were never more than 20 people in the dl during cocktail hours. The servers started making your drinks when you entered. I gave them tips with every drink and a little extra on the last night. I felt sorry that they were not making tips because there just weren't many members going to the lounge.

Christopher the dl concierge said he loved the Alaska cruises! I can see why from his point of view. The busiest the lounge ever got was the transit of skagway glacier.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Totally agree...looking forward to a return trip. Love the Radiance series ships as our favorite anyway. Best of all worlds there. :hearteyes:

Freedom started this 2 weeks ago and our wait staff hates it. This is the queue last night at 748 pm for our 730 pm dinner time.

eba9f37d8de8b444fa50ce4a94a5f0ca.jpg

Did you try the Suite/Pinnacle podium for your reserved seating?

According to "after cruise" surveys is what I was told. Passengers from the US wanted earlier and faster dining experiences. I'm sure Royal wanted them back out spending money in the bars???

Crew is having a very hard time turning the dining room around that quickly.

Yes, I think a two-hour turnaround would be tough for larger tables.

Totally agree...looking forward to a return trip. Love the Radiance series ships as our favorite anyway. Best of all worlds there. [emoji813]eyes:
Wish I knew of the hot tub you could use in the spa. Is it still available on explorer?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Coastal Kitchen had dinner reservations for 150 last night. Was still busy when we left at 8:00 PM. We always have a 6:30 PM seating.

Tonight was not as busy or loud. Finished dinner 20 minutes earlier then last night.

We originally had the 7:30 reservations, but followed your example and went when you did at 6:30 last month. Host was very happy to make the change as it got so much busier by 7:30. No problem getting a seat at the SL bar with you two around 5 pm before hand...so that worked really well! :cool: