RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I'm sorry we never got to open that bottle of Caymus.

To many other bottles kept showing up in the cabin. [emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The last 2 cruises we end up taking the wine back home.I hope my husband will not bring the wine at the next cruise.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We always tip at the DL . We found out doesn't matter who you give the tip they put the money in a

bucket for everyone.

I don't know if they pool the tips or not in the DL, but it does matter who you give the tips to. We try to sit in a section with the same server each night, give him a $5er to begin with, and our cups always over flow. Love the attention. ;p

On Serenade now. No overflow for diamond lounge. Too crowded in both lounges.
Will have to make the best of it. We will be boarding next sunday when serenade docks in port everglades. Will you be on here for b2b cruiseaholic?

How is the food in mdr and windjammer? Diamond breakfast section in mdr? Suites breakfast and lunch in giovannis?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Will have to make the best of it. We will be boarding next sunday when serenade docks in port everglades. Will you be on here for b2b cruiseaholic?

How is the food in mdr and windjammer? Diamond breakfast section in mdr? Suites breakfast and lunch in giovannis?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

The DL on Freedom in June was never more than half full every time we went in.

40% off what? The discounted cruise planner price or the onboard price?

I qualify for 40% off now and it still doesn't make me even think about buying it.

I agree John - we purchased it on our 5 day Empress cruise last summer simply because there was no "lounge" and we were no way near breaking even - obviously we don't drink enough !!

See, that's the point. Many times they're fine. Royal can't allocate space for worst case scenario.

Freedom in June was out of Barcelona Spain with a lot of Spanish and Italian nationals on board.

We cruise mainly in European or Asian waters and have never to date fortunately not been able to get a seat in the DL.

Baby brother is on SR as well and reports the same. Both Lounges crowded with chair hogs and no overflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, but the only question I would have is your baby brother only going immediately when it opens? Then they are almost always packed because all sittings and MTD are trying to use the lounge. My experience is if the lounges opens at 4:30 or 5 or whatever time, it is always busy, and if we go then we stand in the lounge and then about 45 minutes later people start to leave and you snag a place. The Liberty and Independence and other freedom and explorer class ships have a great DL, unfortunately it is small, but when first seating happens generally it is perfect the rest of the evening. That could be the case and why they are not opening over-flow lounges.

I guess moral to the story if you want a drink in the DL before dinner don't book early dining.

JC