RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Gosh I need to get to England some day! :D

Dripping bread...so funny! What about the vegemite sandwiches they love down in NZ? Ugh!! ;p Tried one down there one time...must have to grow a taste for it!! ;)

Yep I can show you the south and midland including Wales, Graham up North.

Vegemite is called Marmite over here, it's a love hate relationship with most people, my DW loves it, I'm not so keen.

Yep I can show you the south and midland including Wales, Graham up North.

Vegemite is called Marmite over here, it's a love hate relationship with most people, my DW loves it, I'm not so keen.

Yup, indeed I guess you develop a taste for it. The Kiwis sure loved it down there! But wow...the breads they had at the market...especially the fresh scones....bye bye diet! :hearteyes::*

RCCL will need to make some changes to the program including a adjustment on how to collect the points such as the following:

Inside / Oceanview Cabins: 0.50 points per night

Balcony cabins: 1.00 point per night

Junior Suites: 1.50 points per nights

Grand Suites and above: 2.00 points per night

For special discounted cruise deals booked within 14 days of departure only 50% of points should be applied of the above mentioned suggestion. Hence you would receive for a inside / oceanview cabin only 0.25 points per night and like this a way is found to reduce all those low yield cruisers to quickly get to Diamond + and Pinnacle

For the status tiers it should be as follows:

Platinum: 50 points

Emerald 125 points

Diamond 250 points

Diamond Plus: 500 points

Pinnacle: 1000 points

The above should help to reduce the new amount of members to join to be better controlled and to make Diamond and Diamon Plus status to become again exclusive tiers. Then currently, when being on a sailing on a ship with 2'300 passengers and 350+ being diamond and above it clearly shows that something has to be done.

Also, at the end of the day, the exclusivity of the lounge is not so special. Hence if Diamond members will be baned from the lounge however they will receive unlimited amount of Speciality Coffee at all venues of the ship and maybe 6 instead of 3 drinks during the cocktail hour this would be more than fair enough.

RCCL will need to make some changes to the program including a adjustment on how to collect the points such as the following:

Inside / Oceanview Cabins: 0.50 points per night

Balcony cabins: 1.00 point per night

Junior Suites: 1.50 points per nights

Grand Suites and above: 2.00 points per night

For special discounted cruise deals booked within 14 days of departure only 50% of points should be applied of the above mentioned suggestion. Hence you would receive for a inside / oceanview cabin only 0.25 points per night and like this a way is found to reduce all those low yield cruisers to quickly get to Diamond + and Pinnacle

For the status tiers it should be as follows:

Platinum: 50 points

Emerald 125 points

Diamond 250 points

Diamond Plus: 500 points

Pinnacle: 1000 points

The above should help to reduce the new amount of members to join to be better controlled and to make Diamond and Diamon Plus status to become again exclusive tiers. Then currently, when being on a sailing on a ship with 2'300 passengers and 350+ being diamond and above it clearly shows that something has to be done.

Also, at the end of the day, the exclusivity of the lounge is not so special. Hence if Diamond members will be baned from the lounge however they will receive unlimited amount of Speciality Coffee at all venues of the ship and maybe 6 instead of 3 drinks during the cocktail hour this would be more than fair enough.

One day they probably with change the points system. What about all the kids travelling with the parents and getting points ? by the time the reach 18 they are diamond or diamond +

Kids travel for free should not get points.

Do you all remember when they tried the wine and beer only at the lounge?

And do not forget they are more diamonds then diamond +

Also I think they should required to travel so many times a year to keep the status. We heard they are looking at this one.

M

Gosh I need to get to England some day! :D

Dripping bread...so funny! What about the vegemite sandwiches they love down in NZ? Ugh!! ;p Tried one down there one time...must have to grow a taste for it!! ;)

Some people use the fat bacon was fried in and dip a full slice of bread in the fat hence dripping bread.

It's a southeastern thing...very popular in Charleston South Carolina. In the old days, the cooks would take the leftover bits of dough in a bowl, which could contain corn, onions, peppers, or just dough....fry them and toss them to the dogs that were barking too much. Hence..."Hush Puppies!"

Very popular as a side with fried fish.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/hush-puppies-5

Hopefully next time we go to the US we might get a chance to eat one.

My dad loved tripe and onion, the things they ate then seem gross. Lardie cake was the choice when were living in Oxford. Now Dorset apple cake.

My dad used to eat tripe too.

He came from Southwick a poor area of Sunderland and worked in a shipyard for over 40 years.

My dad used to eat tripe too.

He came from Southwick a poor area of Sunderland and worked in a shipyard for over 40 years.

A real Mackem.

When I joined the forces I would say that a third of our entry were from the north east, some smoggies.

Newcastle I have found to be a very friendly city.

One day they probably with change the points system. What about all the kids travelling with the parents and getting points ? by the time the reach 18 they are diamond or diamond +

Kids travel for free should not get points.

Do you all remember when they tried the wine and beer only at the lounge?

And do not forget they are more diamonds then diamond +

Also I think they should required to travel so many times a year to keep the status. We heard they are looking at this one.

M

At our Pinnacle Luncheon last week on the Oasis, we had an 11 year old Pinnacle at our table. She reached Pinnacle status when she was 9 years old.

I just wish Royal would get with the times and do what the airlines have done. Homogenize the Crown and Anchor, Captains' Club and Le Club. If they want you to prequalify every so often then ask you to take a cruise every couple of years.

If the airlines can do it, so can the cruise lines. I like American partnering with British, Alaska and the Alliance, it works well and seamlessly. Seems like good business to me! If you're lifetime elite, their database should be able to handle that small issue.

It's silly to be Pinnacle on Royal and downgraded to Elite on Celebrity, likewise the same for Zenith on Celebrity and then Diamond on Royal.

Your best customers, as a company, are your best customers period. Who cares about which brand they choose? The silly policy just means I'll spend less, look at other lines, not cruise more with Royal, and be ticked off.

It's a competitive business, Royal of all companies should know that! And if they're worried about their customer base aging out of Royal and shifting to Celebrity or Azamara, they should be. After all, if you retire and have the time and money to cruise you expect better treatment, not some second class crap like they're proposing for "The Edge" class, I expect that from Cunard, not from Royal.

Edited by ldambra
More Info

A real Mackem.

When I joined the forces I would say that a third of our entry were from the north east, some smoggies.

Newcastle I have found to be a very friendly city.

Smoggies from Middlesbrough,you can see the smog from few miles away.

Mackems Sunderland who made(mack) the ships and

Geordies Newcastle which has fantastic quayside full of bars and restaurants.

Some people use the fat bacon was fried in and dip a full slice of bread in the fat hence dripping bread.

My Grandpa did that...yuck!! And my Mom liked to eat the thick fat on a steak...double yuck! ;p

Since this thread is about Diamond Lounges (and I confess I am naughty with getting off track too much ;))...I hope some of those ideas don't show up on the happy-tiser buffet!! :o :o

Wow, another, option to throw the people out of the room how shocking. I think I covered this several pages ago.

How about we just leave it alone and see what the Petri dish produces, instead of playing CEO for a day.

JC

Ditto!

Petri dish...LOL!! Love it! ;p:cool:

At our Pinnacle Luncheon last week on the Oasis, we had an 11 year old Pinnacle at our table. She reached Pinnacle status when she was 9 years old.

Wow John!! Home schooled perhaps? :o Otherwise that would be a lot of school to miss, unless parents/grandparents took her on the ship for the entire summers.