RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Amazed that folks still complain that the FREE Drink Lounge is crowded. Of course it is crowded. What is the incentive for the company to open a larger lounge.... so folks can drink more? It is so simple to go to another bar and get a drink, especially on larger ships. No wait, no overworked staff etc.

I guess if folks keep complaining about the crowds, then the company can simply close the lounges and just offer vouchers, or nothing. That will stop the complaining! Remember all the complaining about the bad chocolate, or the repeat passenger gifts. Everyone complained about the free gift - that they already had the hat, bag, frame or whatever. So, RCCL figured out a way to stop the complaining - they stopped the gifts!

Why should a company offer a free perk and have so many public complaints - when it is easier for them not to offer the perk at all! Be careful what you wish for.

We might pop in to the lounge a few evenings each week and if it too crowed, we go elsewhere. No problem

M

Thank you. Well said.

Our last couple of cruises have been TA's. Last one was the Freedom. The Diamond Lounge was crowded,but we usually found a seat and enjoyed ourselves. We were warmly greeted. We were in the D overflow. There was a separate D+ Lounge, which was in the original space. We were grateful we had a spot. We were warmly greeted every night. We usually got our own drinks from the bar. No problem. We also liked the one free coffee voucher per day from Cafe Promenade they gave us on that cruise. Much better than the coffee machine in the D Lounge, IMHO. I know what to expect when it comes to the D Lounge when I book TA's and other "specialty" cruises that are only offered once or twice a year. If the D Lounge was such a problem for me, I would not book those cruises.

This year we will be on the Brilliance Fall TA and I expect mre of the same. Royal knows the number of D's and above onboard and really worked to accommodate us all on the past TA's and I hope will continue to do so on the next. I appreciate that. So hard for them with so many of us. We will be staying onboard for the 5 night Caribbean following, and I expect that cruise will be a different story, with everything back to "normal" operations.

Just at breakfast and lunch.

Curious how wearing the name tag will go over in DL.

We've only worn on MJ so far.

We rarely wear the name tag, but the crew somehow knows. I think some concierges make themselves familiar with the photos.

Thank you. Well said.

Our last couple of cruises have been TA's. Last one was the Freedom. The Diamond Lounge was crowded,but we usually found a seat and enjoyed ourselves. We were warmly greeted. We were in the D overflow. There was a separate D+ Lounge, which was in the original space. We were grateful we had a spot. We were warmly greeted every night. We usually got our own drinks from the bar. No problem. We also liked the one free coffee voucher per day from Cafe Promenade they gave us on that cruise. Much better than the coffee machine in the D Lounge, IMHO. I know what to expect when it comes to the D Lounge when I book TA's and other "specialty" cruises that are only offered once or twice a year. If the D Lounge was such a problem for me, I would not book those cruises.

This year we will be on the Brilliance Fall TA and I expect mre of the same. Royal knows the number of D's and above onboard and really worked to accommodate us all on the past TA's and I hope will continue to do so on the next. I appreciate that. So hard for them with so many of us. We will be staying onboard for the 5 night Caribbean following, and I expect that cruise will be a different story, with everything back to "normal" operations.

How would you feel if Royal eliminated overflow areas on those cruises packed with Diamonds and above?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We rarely wear the name tag, but the crew somehow knows. I think some concierges make themselves familiar with the photos.

I was just coming to post that I did not think you were a badge wearer and you beat me to it:halo:

Some like to flaunt it more than others (insert double halo here):halo::halo:

Thank you. Well said.

We were on one of the 7 night cruises out of Tampa, just after Brilliance came back from the TA. Huge amount of D's and above on that one. The DL door was locked during each cocktail hours time, with a note stating to use the regular entrance to the VCL. Guard dog set up the entire time all week. Tried to get drinks in there a couple of times, including standing in the line to the bar...could never get served. Gave up and just used the CL with good service, which had plenty of room just after first seating. Hope your luck is better.

Doesn't sound great. Taking my first Diamond cruise in June (British Isles on Brilliance). Have been looking forward to see what Diamond gets me. I will keep an open mind until after the cruise. Am greatly looking forward to this itinerary []-)

Doesn't sound great. Taking my first Diamond cruise in June (British Isles on Brilliance). Have been looking forward to see what Diamond gets me. I will keep an open mind until after the cruise. Am greatly looking forward to this itinerary []-)

The Diamond club on the Radiance class ships are located up in the Viking lounge area and they are nice with great views. We haven't been on the Brilliance but we've been on Serenade and Radiance and we like the location. When they've gotten crowded, they would overflow into the VCL. Of course, as others have said, it may depend on the ship and crew. Regardless, I think you will have a great time.

When we were on the Radiance for our Alaska cruise, we went up to the DL during the glacier sight-seeing portion of the cruise because the view was so great. (Better than our balcony). There were others up there doing the same thing but it wasn't crowded.

There will not be vast numbers of top tier cruisers on your voyage.

Just at breakfast and lunch.

Curious how wearing the name tag will go over in DL.

We've only worn on MJ so far.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It will go as gaudy as it always does [emoji849]. I just don’t understand the point of wearing it? Honestly. If someone could help me understand the need to wear it, maybe I wouldn’t be so put off by it.

It will go as gaudy as it always does [emoji849]. I just don’t understand the point of wearing it? Honestly. If someone could help me understand the need to wear it, maybe I wouldn’t be so put off by it.

Why not wear it. Who cares, we don’t.

Not to mention it was not easy to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guess you can't really understand it if you don't have one.

Guess you can't really understand it if you don't have one.

As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I am well on my way to getting there, probably earlier in life than most ever do. But I will still never wear it, just as I have never worn any of the other *status* pins along the way.

I’m simply just trying to understand why this pin would be so different that I would need to wear it and make everyone go “look at me, I am special”.