RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Janet and I were on the Serenade 1/5 to1/15. The DL was full by 4PM (drinks start at 4:30). No overflow. All drinks there are 3 drinks on your card. We spent the cruise in the CL.

This was a recent post for our roll call for the Serenade. Maybe a way to get people to clear out of the DL after they get their 3 drinks or not to come to the DL at all.

Are you saying that there is a three drink limit in the DL on Serenade? Interesting. Is this a total of three drinks regardless where you get them, or three in the lounge and three elsewhere?

Not an issue for us as we rarely use all three drinks. But, from what I read on these boards, others have observed folks in the lounge drinking for several hours at a time (of course they have to be there the whole time to observe others) , and I imagine more than three drinks are consumed.

Thanks,

m

I'm not sure, the part about 3 drinks from your sea pass was posted by someone else on our roll call. I've asked for clarification by they haven't answered as of yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thanks Ski-Lady. Honestly if there was any limit on DL/CL drinks, I think we would all have heard by now!

M

The bolded part is what SkiLady had posted in their rollcall but that same poster posted the following immediately after, in a different rollcall:

Janet and I were on the Serenade 1/5 - 1/15. There is no overflow for the Diamond Lounge. DL was full a half hour before the 4:30 drink time. All drinks elseware are 3 on your card. Outside the DL was a zoo, taking 20 min to get a drink We went to the CL.

It looks like they might have misspoke in the post to Skilady's rollcall. She has asked them to clarify, but as of now, the poster has not answered.

Thanks Ski-Lady. Honestly if there was any limit on DL/CL drinks, I think we would all have heard by now!

M

As I pointed out in a previous post, the person Skilady quoted posted to two rollcalls and in the post Skilady quoted, they did not use the word elsewhere as they posted in their other post. The person misspoke.

Used robe? Like the used sheets you sleep in and the used towels you employ in the bathroom? And the used flatware and china in the dining venues?

<smh>

Perfect answer! We have made many new friends over a cocktail in the Lounge. My husband can’t drink because of his meds so drink packages are a waste of money for us. Will never refuse a free drink [emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perfect answer! We have made many new friends over a cocktail in the Lounge. My husband can’t drink because of his meds so drink packages are a waste of money for us. Will never refuse a free drink [emoji57]

He can't drink because of his meds, but will never refuse a free drink? LOL

Reminds me of a friend whose Dr. told him he could only have one drink a day because of his meds, so he fills up an 8oz glass with whiskey. :D

Not really a recognized level. Several new benefits, but non existent. Kind of like D++

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Not a level but it is definitely a thing for solos (150% single supplement) or if you really want nicer shampoo. [emoji16]

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He was quite clear that Diamond members would not lose lounge access. He's going to look really stupid if he goes back on that.
Don't worry, it wouldn't be the first time. [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So would you rather be called a Pinnacle or a “Pineapple “? Pineapple seems to me to be a bit racist and insulting??[emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know my knowledge of urban vernacular is les than stellar, but what is racist about pineapple? It is a lovely fruit that doesn't look like any particular race of people. It is from Hawaii, normally Hawaii is a very diverse culture.:confused:

JC

First night on the MJ last week in the VCL they asked for our Seapass cards for each drink. Never asked again the following 3 nights.

No limits on the number of drinks.

Sorry we did not touch base. Maybe next time

We went to the Diamond area the second night (only) and they did ask to see our sea pass card. Never tested the unlimited drinks.

M

You really think people would cancel cruises if FREE drinks were limited to 3 in DL? No limit in Oasis Class SL 11-11

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t think cruises will be canceled because of lack of free drinks but we are certainly rethinking our cruise choices going forward because of the over crowding, lack of seating and slow service during the cocktail hour before dinner in any lounge. If you add up all the extras on your Royal or Celebrity cruise you’ll find you can do a more expensive cruise that includes everything you’re paying extra for.

I'm sure it has very proper welds.

Read many problems with software. Maybe same code writers employed by RCL

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Interesting - maybe they are part of the tip-pool :').....it is awfully quiet about it.....

Have not seen any relase date yet!:confused:

Someons just claimed it will sail out of SH for the summer....I doubt that - with the way the GB economy tanks....

I don’t think cruises will be canceled because of lack of free drinks but we are certainly rethinking our cruise choices going forward because of the over crowding, lack of seating and slow service during the cocktail hour before dinner in any lounge. If you add up all the extras on your Royal or Celebrity cruise you’ll find you can do a more expensive cruise that includes everything you’re paying extra for.

I guess, that if the lounge was full for the entire time, I might calculate this into my choice of cruise line, but I have never seen a full lounge 15 minutes after first seating for dinner. So, go have a cocktail at any bar, at 5 or 5:30 or whatever time the lounge is open, then 15 minutes after first seating show up, have more free cocktails. Grab a glass on the way out of the door as you head to my time dining. Stop at bar before you enter the dining room get another glass, add them together. You should be good to go.

Seriously, these threads are so silly. People get so wound up about a serious non-problem that I wonder if they use logic ever.

JC