Difference between dinner and lunch menu for Chops?

Chops - Lunch Menu

APPETIZERS

• WILD MUSHROOM SOUP
    Scented with white truffle oil, chives
  • COLOSSAL SHRIMP COCKTAIL
    Horseradish cocktail sauce, lemon
  • CHARRED BEEF CARPACCIO
    Rare charred beef, Parmesan cheese, arugula, truffle mustard dressing
  • THE WEDGE
    Iceberg lettuce, blue cheese, smoked bacon

ENTRÉES

• ANGUS FILET MIGNON 8 OZ
  • ROASTED ORGANIC HALF CHICKEN
    Truffled chicken jus
  • SCOTTISH SALMON STEAK
    Whole grain mustard sauce
  • CHOPS DRY AGED STEAK BURGER
    Brioche bun, melted Gruyère, smoked bacon
  • NY STEAK SALAD
    Beefsteak tomatoes, red onions, spinach, crumbled blue cheese, balsamic vinaigrette
  • CAESAR
    Romaine, Reggiano cheese, creamy Caesar dressing With your choice of Grilled Chicken, Filet Mignon or Shrimp

SIDES

• GRUYÈRE CHEESE TATER TOTS
  • GRILLED JUMBO ASPARAGUS
  • FRENCH FRIES
  • MASHED POTATOES
  • MAC & CHEESE

I can't think of a bigger waste of money than Chops lunch. It's a short cruise. Plenty of variety. Just go enjoy what is offered. If you're in a rush to spend the money at least skip the lunch and do the dinner. Honestly, MANY of the lunch items will have a similar offering at no charge in the Windjammer. there's a reason Chops is a ghost town for lunch.

We finally got around to trying Chops for lunch. We had dinner there a couple of times on that particular cruise, and our waiter was one we knew from a previous cruise. Anyway, he offered us a BOGO for lunch.

I'm glad he did. It was a nice change of pace, and I really enjoyed having a more relaxing lunch. I'll definitely do it again.

The menu was a variation of dinner and was quite good. We had a steak salad. Don't recall what else.

I can't think of a bigger waste of money than Chops lunch. It's a short cruise. Plenty of variety. Just go enjoy what is offered. If you're in a rush to spend the money at least skip the lunch and do the dinner. Honestly, MANY of the lunch items will have a similar offering at no charge in the Windjammer. there's a reason Chops is a ghost town for lunch.

Windjammer is often a hectic place with meh offerings. We want to get on the ship and get away from the crowds for lunch. My least favorite part of cruising is always the crush of people in Windjammer. I don't think there is plenty of variety on the ships for lunch at all on embarkation day. Just the buffet and maybe some small sandwiches/pizza? I'd rather have a nicer lunch on the first day. I really think the quality of chops vs the windmammer is vast and even the mdr isn't on par. That's why they nickel and dime us on it lol. Money isn't an issue with vacay in this instance, another charge for dinner isn't going to kill me. If it is I shouldn't even be taking a cruise lol!!

Windjammer is often a hectic place with meh offerings. We want to get on the ship and get away from the crowds for lunch. My least favorite part of cruising is always the crush of people in Windjammer. I don't think there is plenty of variety on the ships for lunch at all on embarkation day. Just the buffet and maybe some small sandwiches/pizza? I'd rather have a nicer lunch on the first day. I really think the quality of chops vs the windmammer is vast and even the mdr isn't on par. That's why they nickel and dime us on it lol. Money isn't an issue with vacay in this instance, another charge for dinner isn't going to kill me. If it is I shouldn't even be taking a cruise lol!!

Check out the Park Cafe in the Solarium, they have some really nice sandwiches and a salad bar, won’t be crowded early.

Chops - Lunch Menu

APPETIZERS

• WILD MUSHROOM SOUP
    Scented with white truffle oil, chives
  • COLOSSAL SHRIMP COCKTAIL
    Horseradish cocktail sauce, lemon
  • CHARRED BEEF CARPACCIO
    Rare charred beef, Parmesan cheese, arugula, truffle mustard dressing
  • THE WEDGE
    Iceberg lettuce, blue cheese, smoked bacon

ENTRÉES

• ANGUS FILET MIGNON 8 OZ
  • ROASTED ORGANIC HALF CHICKEN
    Truffled chicken jus
  • SCOTTISH SALMON STEAK
    Whole grain mustard sauce
  • CHOPS DRY AGED STEAK BURGER
    Brioche bun, melted Gruyère, smoked bacon
  • NY STEAK SALAD
    Beefsteak tomatoes, red onions, spinach, crumbled blue cheese, balsamic vinaigrette
  • CAESAR
    Romaine, Reggiano cheese, creamy Caesar dressing With your choice of Grilled Chicken, Filet Mignon or Shrimp

SIDES

• GRUYÈRE CHEESE TATER TOTS
  • GRILLED JUMBO ASPARAGUS
  • FRENCH FRIES
  • MASHED POTATOES
  • MAC & CHEESE

Now I'm hungry....

We did Chops for embarkation day lunch on the Enchantment in November. The menu was what's listed above. We were the only people in the dining room and really enjoyed out first meal on the ship. The price was right for us ($18- I think this was a sale price on the website) to try a specialty restaurant and skip the Windjammer. I would absolutely do it again but I don't think we would do the burger again. Everything else we had was delicious and the Salmon Filet was so big I couldn't finish it.

We did Chops for embarkation day lunch on the Enchantment in November. The menu was what's listed above. We were the only people in the dining room and really enjoyed out first meal on the ship. The price was right for us ($18- I think this was a sale price on the website) to try a specialty restaurant and skip the Windjammer. I would absolutely do it again but I don't think we would do the burger again. Everything else we had was delicious and the Salmon Filet was so big I couldn't finish it.

Thanks for the info!!

IMHO Chops lunch is absolutely worth it if available on embarkation day. Not all ships will have it (i.e. Brilliance does not -- sea days only).

Just had it on Empress last Friday, and not only was it a great way to avoid the madness of boarding-day Windjammer but it was also really really good :D

33258bq.jpg

Currently $17.60 from the cruise planner, I have already booked it for my next 2 sailings on Empress and Enchantment.