Does RCI use the same piers as NCL on the Eastern Caribbean route?

Just curious as I see that NCL has canceled all of their Eastern Caribbean cruises and changed to Western routes from April through September.

Didn't know if it was because of their pier or if the Eastern Caribbean islands hit by the hurricane are still in very bad shape.

We are on Oasis in April if that has any bearing on which pier is used.

TIA

Bill

They would use the same piers in St. Maarten.

In St. Thomas, RC uses Crown Bay. I don't know which pier NCL uses.

Back in 2015, NCL was using Havensight, as was Carnival and RCI (at that time). Don’t know if things have changed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All 3 of those ports are up and running, St Maarten coming back on line within the past month or so. Labadee was never closed and had little or no damage and San Juan (Old San Juan in this case) has been up for quite a while. Most of the areas still damaged in PR are those that are in rural areas.

Steve

They would use the same piers in St. Maarten.

In St. Thomas, RC uses Crown Bay. I don't know which pier NCL uses.

I've only seen NCL use Havensight. I still remember our taxi dropping people off there to get back on NCL Escape. One lady told me how Escape was so much better than anything Royal had. She told me she had been on Grandeur once. I asked her what made it so nice, she told me they have TV monitors with fish swimming upstream so you always know which way the ship is moving. Not sure why I stick with Royal after hearing about that.

Back in 2015, NCL was using Havensight, as was Carnival and RCI (at that time). Don’t know if things have changed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes they have. Contract to go to Crown Point now for RCI. We don't like it as well. Not as much there. Havensight was always nice to walk around. Miss it, though could take a taxi there...just not the same.

our itinerary is not the greatest but that was what was picked and we are just going along for the ride.:)

St Maarten - 8am to 5pm

San Juan - back onboard by 1:30pm

Labadee - however they pronounce it. - 9:30am - 5pm

Bill

We have done this itinerary - Oasis will dock downtown San Juan and Philipsburg st Martin (same as NCL). The San Juan stops are short, but weve stayed here many times we stay on board sometimes. Will be on that itinerary again this year. Enjoy

I could be mistaken, but I believe the reason RCCL has the contract for Crown Bay is because the larger ships can't dock at Havensight.

When Oasis class first came out, only those ships would go to Crown Bay and the smaller RC ships would still go to Havensight. Sometime in the last year or so, that changed and now all RC ships go to Crown Bay.

Yes they have. Contract to go to Crown Point now for RCI. We don't like it as well. Not as much there. Havensight was always nice to walk around. Miss it, though could take a taxi there...just not the same.

I’m sorry, I should have been more specific. I know that all RCI ships now dock at Crown Bay. I wasn’t sure about other cruise lines’ contracts, and the other cruise lines is what I was referring to.

I’m sorry, I should have been more specific. I know that all RCI ships now dock at Crown Bay. I wasn’t sure about other cruise lines’ contracts, and the other cruise lines is what I was referring to.

That is why I specifically said RCI. ;) The change recently for RCI was that all RCI ships go there now, not just the big ones. Not sure about contracts with other cruise lines, we don't use them (for years now). There was another ship, the Viking Star, docked next to us while we were on Oasis the last time we were at Crown Point.