Tipping the crew with items other than cash...

unisphere-roy

How do I get this thread LOCKED as there is absolutely no way anyone else could shed any new light on this subject!!!

If that is your criteria, the thread would have been locked when you first posted it. There has been nothing posted in this entire thread that has shed any new light, compared to the hundred or so previous threads on the same subject.

Although the ammo one was one I hadn't seen before.

See, its so random I can't remember it;)

Seems that this is your problem, not ours. We in the US have been doing quite well using miles as a unit of distance. So has the United Kingdom, which also uses miles and miles-per-hour instead of kilometers. There are 21 countries or territories that use miles instead of kilometers, so it isn't just the US that sees the value of this measurement.

What I truly don't understand is the Canadian's love of Poutine. French fries with brown gravy and cheese curds? I get indigestion just thinking about it. And I was born in Quebec! :p

Seems that this is your problem, not ours. Did you see the wink emojis, I'm not trying to insult anyone, thought this was light banter. We in the US have been doing quite well using miles as a unit of distance. So has the United Kingdom, which also uses miles and miles-per-hour instead of kilometers. There are 21 countries or territories that use miles instead of kilometers, so it isn't just the US that sees the value of this measurement.

What I truly don't understand is the Canadian's love of Poutine. French fries with brown gravy and cheese curds? I get indigestion just thinking about it. And I was born in Quebec! :p

Because it's Yummy! Although extremely unhealthy, not something you would eat every day but a treat when I visit home.

What I truly don't understand is the Canadian's love of Poutine. French fries with brown gravy and cheese curds? I get indigestion just thinking about it. And I was born in Quebec! [emoji14]

C'est très délicieux .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely because it’s an odd measurement, instead of 4-1/2 or 5 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

but why would the track base make any difference in whether I was comfortable riding on a train. I could convert that to metric and it still wouldn't make a difference.

I don't know what the wheel base of my car is in feet or meters, doesn't make any difference on how comfortable i am driving it.

Actually I always thought the reason we did not change to metric is that the all powerful NFL was opposed to setting up the the markers as First and 9.144. LOL

I don't watch football but i think the CFL still uses yards. I could be wrong about that though. I'm pretty sure that say first and 10 whether it is meters or yards.

Most likely because it’s an odd measurement, instead of 4-1/2 or 5 feet.

off off topic, I spent a weekend in Fort Collins last summer and loved it. Though it was a great town, would love to get back before I move back to Canada this coming summer

BUT have you tried it? Delicieuse. What I can't understand is the Southerners love for grits. Lumpy wallpaper paste. :p

off off topic, I spent a weekend in Fort Collins last summer and loved it. Though it was a great town, would love to get back before I move back to Canada this coming summer

Awesome! I actually moved from Fort Collins to Milliken about a year ago. I like FoCo, it’s just so darned expensive to live there anymore....but I have s better view of the Rockies now!

I can't understand the love for either grits or poutine.:confused:

Love poutine. Love grits too, but grits are very much dependent on what’s mixed in it. I can’t understand the love for oatmeal or tapioca pudding....