Tour Group on our cruise

newmilford

Noticed that on our 6/30/18 Alaska Nieuw Amsterdam cruise there is a group listed, Christian Insight for Living : Inspiration cruises group. Is there a way to find out how large this group is to judge impact on the ship/activities?

You can try googling for their website and read their advertisements for the cruise from their perspective. Let us know what you learn. m--

Apparently still taking bookings for all room categories. This cruise was sold out briefly a few weeks back but now shows availability.

Imagine it will be difficult to see group size anywhere.

Be sure to read the past posts about an Inspiration cruise large group on the Nieuw Amsterdam - about a year ago? Personally I would cancel the booking and find a different ship and cruise. It sounded like they overwhelmed all normal dining and public space use expectations. One new cruiser had a two week cruise and loved the first half, then got swamped by the Inspirations group that turned everything upside down. Nice people, but they changed everything during the week they were on board together.

On our first cruise there was a large group of St. Louis Cardinals fans. As reported with this group they took over large portions of the ship throughout the cruise. On one sea day that had the entire aft pool area on the Westerdam closed off to anyone but that group. It severely impacted our ability to fully use the facilities on the ship as every day one or two venues would be closed off for their exclusive use.

I would seriously consider cancelling and moving to another ship or sailing if I knew a large group would be on board.

I’m familiar with the group. Read a bunch of the group leader’s books. Good group of folk, but I would rebook. Of course, I would probably rebook with any large group which may impact one’s enjoyment of the cruise. Too bad one doesn’t know that prior to booking. Let us know what you choose to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Google the name of the group, dat e and ship.. If you can find a phone num ber to call if one wants to book, call them, ask your questions givin g t hem the impression you are thinking of booking. If you just fire questions, they likely will not answer but it theytthink you might book to join their group, they may answer your questions. Let us know.

I was on the cruise that OlsSalt was referring to in an earlier post. They are indeed a very large group and do influence certain activities and spaces once aboard the ship. For instance, they occupy the full dining room for the late seating. A number of cruisers had been given late seating the first week but were relegated to early seating, as you wish seating, lido dining or specialty restaurants the week of the large group. There are certain times where public spaces aboard the ship are sectioned off for the group and everyone else is prohibited from these areas during the reserved times. Many of the cruisers from last year that had this group to contend with were visibly upset and angry. I suppose it is up to the individual as to whether this would deter you from this particular cruise, or if it would not alter your enjoyment despite the group presence.

We were once on a HAL C aribbean cruise and thre was a large group about whiffch we had no knowledge when we booked. A beuatiful se day, they made us all leave aft pool because the group had a prrivagtgte pool party. they took over Crows Nest every night. AWFul. Doesn't mattter what the group, just what venues they take over for their private use.

Noticed that on our 6/30/18 Alaska Nieuw Amsterdam cruise there is a group listed, Christian Insight for Living : Inspiration cruises group. Is there a way to find out how large this group is to judge impact on the ship/activities?

I would imagine it’s going to be pretty large as Chuck is well liked. I just received the brochure last week but can’t find it now to see if there are details that may be helpful to you. My friends were on NA last summer at the same time as IFL for a cruise tour and they didn’t mention any inconveniences.