Any issues flying in the morning cruise leaves via Allegiant?

aimcat

Me too! I did get insurance just in case! I looked up the flight history from my airport for allegiant and looks like they have almost always been on time. As long as it gets me there before the cruise leaves I am good! Lol :/

I wouldn’t recommend flying in same day for a cruise and Allegiant is the last airline I would attempt it on. Look up their cancellation and on time arrival statistics. Husband has worked in the airline industry for 30+ yrs so very familiar with them. Too much at risk in my opinion and too much stress. I am always trying to save $$ on travel but that’s one gamble I wouldn’t take.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too! I did get insurance just in case! I looked up the flight history from my airport for allegiant and looks like they have almost always been on time. As long as it gets me there before the cruise leaves I am good! Lol :/

How do you look up flight history?

I wouldn't fly in day of on any airlines. But that's just me. We had two flights that could have been an issue had we gone in day of and both were on major airlines. One were are friends and not us. It was an Alaska cruise and while we made it their luggage didn't show up until the next day at the hotel. Had we sailed that day they wouldn't have gotten their luggage until the first port on day three. Another time our Delta plane broke and didn't take off at the 10:30 AM. In fact they never canceled it until 4:00 PM so never offered to re-book until then. Delta offered to book us the next day on the same flight or we could do the "red eye" if we wanted to hang around. We ended up doing the red eye and not getting to FLL until 9:00 AM the next day. Again, luckily we never fly in day of.

doing a cruise late feb and a local airport has an allegiant flight into fll that arrives at 10:30am. Would you foresee any issues flying in then and getting a transfer to port of Miami?

No matter what airline , I would never fly in day of, As anything can happen. Thats just me. Not worth the cheap price for a chance of missing the cruise. Don't forget the power outage at Atlanta Airport , what a mess that was. Good luck.

I haven't flown Allegiant but have had family members use them several times. Each and every time, they were delayed hours. Their flights are usually Orlando Sanford to Lexington and have been later evening flights. For this reason alone, my husband and I have never even wanted to try Allegiant despite the low fares.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Allegiance is terrible!!

My son had a flight from Indianapolis to Phoenix. They sat for am hour after boarding time and were told they were waiting for oxygen to be refilled They boarded finally only to sit and be told they had to get off.

Long story short delayed 6 hours! Irresponsible airline had to get oxygen from Cincinnati as it was late and it took the stupid airline 4 hours to make a 1.5 hour drive. They don't do anything except cancel your flight if issues. We

If anybody needs more than opinions not to fly Allegiant, and even less on the day of the cruise, this is a follow up article to an investigation that exposed the alarming number of Allegiant airplanes that had maintenance issues and emergency landings that were 4 times higher than the rest of the airline industry:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/airlines/allegiant-air-changes-course-by-admitting-it-had-too-many-aircraft-mishaps/2301031

I have, literally, never been on an Allegiant flight that was on time. Not once. Two times were canceled all together because they were so late. They do have good rates, but I ONLY use them when going home or in no time crunch.

Guys we took the RISK! WE booked the flight. Aghhh!!!!

Yikes. Good luck! When are you flying and out of what airport? We will be tracking your flight that day to see if you made it! [emoji3]

doing a cruise late feb and a local airport has an allegiant flight into fll that arrives at 10:30am. Would you foresee any issues flying in then and getting a transfer to port of Miami?

I just realized you are flying into FLL and have to be in Miami.

If you land on time, figure 30 minutes to get to luggage, then it will take you an HOUR at best to get to Miami.

This has disaster written all over it.

Please report back when you finish this flight.

Speaking from experience, I would never fly on cruise day! I missed my cruise once and having to chase the cruise to the next port was not fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have flown to Florida twice in the past year on Allegiant and didnt have any problems

Yes so have lots of others and then it happens! We've flown Allegiant a few times no issues. On page 2 I posted my son's recent experience. Over 6 hours late because this stupid airline claims they had no oxygen.

If you aren't in a time restraint it might be OK but it's STUPID to fly this airline the day of a cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I am happy to report back that our flight in on the day of the cruise went smooth! Our flight leaving was delayed only a few minutes due to several handicap passengers needing to be loaded, but we arrived in plenty of time and all was very smooth. I know this might not always be the case but this time at least for us was good!

Guys I am happy to report back that our flight in on the day of the cruise went smooth! Our flight leaving was delayed only a few minutes due to several handicap passengers needing to be loaded, but we arrived in plenty of time and all was very smooth. I know this might not always be the case but this time at least for us was good!

Glad it worked out. Thanks for letting us know.

So glad it worked out for you! I hope you had a wonderful time.

That's great to hear! And it was really nice of you to give us an update. Hope your cruise was lots of fun!