Restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale

CDay

A friend will be picking me up at Port Everglades after my cruise. We will have a couple of hours to kill before she takes me to the airport. Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in the area to have breakfast?

Unfortunately, my friend is not from the Ft. Lauderdale area, so she is not familiar with what is around there. Thanks. :):hot-beverage:

If it is a Sunday, Coconuts has a popular Sunday brunch. Great food and a great location! http://coconutsfortlauderdale.com/food-menu/sunday-brunch-menu

You should also post this query on the Florida Departures Board (or it may be moved there by the moderators): https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495. There are lots of knowledgeable locals and cruisers on that board.

Added: CruiserBruce - great minds think alike!

You will be very close to Lester's Diner on 84. We always visit a couple of times each trip to Fort Laud. It's very clean, big, has good diner food and is frequented by many locals as well as tourists. Once you leave the port, you will be probably under a mile to get there

You will be very close to Lester's Diner on 84. We always visit a couple of times each trip to Fort Laud. It's very clean, big, has good diner food and is frequented by many locals as well as tourists. Once you leave the port, you will be probably under a mile to get there

This is where we were told to eat the next time we wanted breakfast or diner-type food. I'm sorry we missed it when we were there in November.

Lester's is literally just a typical diner. It's nothing special but a perfectly decent spot for breakfast. So is Denny's. If you are looking for something that is more unique to the area, "the" place for breakfast is probably O-B House (Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House).

Some of the places (while very good) mentioned are out of the way and you may be wasting valuable time driving and searching for parking instead of enjoying a great breakfast.

What time is your flight? You may have to stick to places more or less on your route to the airport.

You've gotten a lot of recommendations.

Decisions/Decisions.

If this was me I would take all of the suggestions and look them up on trip advisor.

Aside from reading reviews often web sites will be listed where you can view the menus.

Also you get a nice map showing their location.

This is what I do.

Keith

Some of the places (while very good) mentioned are out of the way and you may be wasting valuable time driving and searching for parking instead of enjoying a great breakfast.

What time is your flight? You may have to stick to places more or less on your route to the airport.

Which restaurant mentioned is out of the way considering they have hours to burn?