Hump suite

B x

Booked a return to Reflection in May, S1 cabins were very limited so went for 2163. I am never totally sure if reference to a hump cabin means the whole hump on the side of the ship or just the angled cabins so would really appreciate any feedback on these cabins or indeed the one we have booked.

In October we were in 2110 on Reflection and as with other ships in that class found sun was very restricted by the overhang. Am hoping 2163 might be a bit more open. Were lucky for August and have managed to get a corner one on the Aft, same as we had on Eclipse.

Booked a return to Reflection in May, S1 cabins were very limited so went for 2163. I am never totally sure if reference to a hump cabin means the whole hump on the side of the ship or just the angled cabins so would really appreciate any feedback on these cabins or indeed the one we have booked.

In October we were in 2110 on Reflection and as with other ships in that class found sun was very restricted by the overhang. Am hoping 2163 might be a bit more open. Were lucky for August and have managed to get a corner one on the Aft, same as we had on Eclipse.

My understanding is that hump cabins are the ones with slanted balconies. For example, on the deck segment kindly posted by gerelmx, some hump cabins are 2150 - 2144 on the starboard side, forward angle of hump. The flat part of the hump is a great midship location, but doesn’t have the larger verandas found on hump cabins. You should get more sun on your veranda because it isn’t deep like some hump cabins, but I’m not sure how much the overhang affects you in that location.

DH loves the hump suites. They are midship, so less walking. You are out a bit, so people aren’t looking into you balcony. And because of the walls off the elevators, there was very little traffic.

I would love the corner aft, but never could convince him on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stayed in 2158 and there is no overhang. Good suite enjoyed its location. I think these were former Aqua suites so the shower has the Aqua shower panel.

Oh that’s right. Then I’ve seen one during a cabin crawl, and it did have a sunny veranda. And I loved the shower. If I book a sky suite again, I’d try for one of these just to have the lovely shower.

It’s true that the OP asked about a hump suite, which is on the flat part of the hump. However, OP also asked about hump cabins, a term which, on these boards, seem to always refer to hump cabins on the slant (because of the large verandas).

It’s true that the OP asked about a hump suite, which is on the flat part of the hump. However, OP also asked about hump cabins, a term which, on these boards, seem to always refer to hump cabins on the slant (because of the large verandas).

They are two different types of cabins, so to refer to them by the same name is misleading.

Where does the hump of a camel start and finish?

Considering all staterooms on the hump, there should also be thought given to the amount of breeze the poster enjoys. We've always had Celebrity suites when we've been on the Silhouette and Connie. Sometimes we have chosen a forward-facing one and sometimes we selected aft-facing.

• 2 months later...

The OP commented on the sunlight on the hump cabins. We have a hump cabin on a slant, so the veranda is deeper than the standard ones...will that have a huge impact on the sunlight? I've tried to look at photos, but it's really hard to tell. Some of the cabins look pretty dark with that large balcony taking up all the sunlight.

The OP commented on the sunlight on the hump cabins. We have a hump cabin on a slant, so the veranda is deeper than the standard ones...will that have a huge impact on the sunlight? I've tried to look at photos, but it's really hard to tell. Some of the cabins look pretty dark with that large balcony taking up all the sunlight.

When we have stayed in these cabins, the front part has had plenty of sun and the back part all shade. There are many things that factor in to this like port, starboard, direction of ship, time of year etc. So, experiences do vary, as do perceptions of these cabins. A large majority of cruisers love these cabins, but some do not. I have heard them referred to as horse stalls, but that is extreme IMHO. You will not know for sure until you try one. The first and third in the slant of the hump are the largest, so just chose a different cabin. These are approx. 3x’s the size!

Also, it depends on whether you are on the front of the slant of the hump or the back; the back gets less wind! We like the aft slant hump cabins by the elevator...perfect location!

Actually, this thread by the OP is about suite hump cabins!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance