The "New" Adventure of the Seas Pics

It looks like the menu's have changed quite a bit..............no cold soups (our favorite appetizers). Is there still the "every night" selections like escargot, shrimp cocktail, steak, chicken, Royal chocolate cake etc.???
They only change the top 4 items in each category and the bottom 4 are on menu every night. At least that's the way it was on Freedom.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Two entertainment questions. 1. The Compass shows Pub Entertainment in the Duck & Dog Pub. Is the Pub still there? I thought I had read that they were putting Izumi in the Duck & Dog location. If the pub is still there, where did they put Izumi? 2. It looks like the Schooner Bar has a guitar player. Is he there every night? Is there no nightly piano player in the Schooner bar?

Two entertainment questions. 1. The Compass shows Pub Entertainment in the Duck & Dog Pub. Is the Pub still there? I thought I had read that they were putting Izumi in the Duck & Dog location. If the pub is still there, where did they put Izumi? 2. It looks like the Schooner Bar has a guitar player. Is he there every night? Is there no nightly piano player in the Schooner bar?

Izumi replaced the Gravity Sports Bar.

It looks like the menu's have changed quite a bit..............no cold soups (our favorite appetizers). Is there still the "every night" selections like escargot, shrimp cocktail, steak, chicken, Royal chocolate cake etc.???

I've noticed the same thing. My wife loves the cold fruit soups.

I am hearing that the Adventure of the Seas has been in drydock getting a complete renovation, and will be returning to sea very soon.

I also heard that all the cabins will have new furniture, carpets and curtains.

If anyone is cruising on the AOS after it comes out of drydock, can you please share pics of the cabins..etc?

We will be cruising on AOS in May, and I am getting really excited about it. :D

We cruised on her "sister" ship Explorer 3 times and loved it, so I am sure we are going to love the AOS too!

Many thanks in advance. :D

going tomorrow on AOS!!!!!! Check my reviews for pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[ATTACH]414587[/ATTACH]

Jackhammering the second pier in St Maarten - might be a while till there’s more than two ships at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WOW!!!!!! even with that section needing replacement with the equipment and 2 people they have to work with I can understand now why St. Maarten has been bypassed with ships being sent to the Bahamas instead. Thanks very much for posting the picture.

The New Adventure of the Seas???

Balcony Stateroom Guests Beware!!!

We are currently on Adventure of the Seas (2/12/2018 sailing), somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, on a slow roll to St. Thomas. Yesterday morning, a crew member cleaning the stateroom next door, leans his head and upper body over the balcony railing and partition into our balcony. My wife screams after she observes him getting an eyeful of her in our stateroom, right after she came out of the shower. Our balcony door was closed, but curtains were open. I immediately looked in her direction and I saw him too. He was glaring directly into our stateroom for well over 10 secs. My wife said she made direct eye contact with his eyes.

I immediately called security, believing it was a guest next door. While waiting on the arrival of security, I discover the offender was a crew member. Believe it or not, he admitted to me (in the presence of his supervisor) that it was him.

Now get this... he claims it was accidental while cleaning the outside glass panels at the balcony railing... of the stateroom next to ours. Horse feathers!!! This guy was perving big time. This was no casual glance. This was a focused glare.

Security comes and conducts an investigation. Written statements, video statements, photos, the whole shebang. We tell them this was no accident as he was glaring at my wife for a bit of time. I told them security camera footage should verify our complaint.

Later that evening we are asked to come to Guest Services for a follow-up meeting. In attendance are the Manager of Guest Services, the Chief Security Officer and the Executive Officer of Housekeeping. In short, they try to sell us that it is normal for housekeeping to gawk into the balcony/stateroom next door while cleaning glass panels. Really? I believe any reasonable person can clean the outside of those glass panels without poking their head purposefully around the partition.

When asked about the security camera review, we are told the video was blurry when zoomed in, so they could not see clearly what he was doing. Would you believe that?

Bottom line, since they claim there is no definitive evidence, basically it never happened. The only thing they will do is relocate the employee to another area of the ship.

They totally invalidated us and our complaint. Zip, nada, nothing. Talk about being victimized twice. We were so stressed over the incident and investigation that we did very little that afternoon. We also could not muster up enough appetite or energy to go to our Valentines dinner at Giovanni’s. Oh, did I mention this is our honeymoon?

They are covering for this employee and the cruise line, saying there is nothing they see wrong. They think it will just be forgotten. WRONG!!!

We will be naming names very shortly. There needs to be accountability and respect for guests. The summary dismissal of us in their follow-up meeting was actually more insulting than the perv housekeeping employee. They never even attempted to make amends for this inexcusable incident.

This is Royal Caribbean management?

This is the new Adventure of the Seas?

FillmoreRanger

DFW TX

Many were asking what happened next. The morning after that disastrous meeting with the Manager of Guest Services, Executive Officer of Housekeeping, and the Chief Security Officer, I requested a meeting with Clunis Daley, Hotel Director, Adventure of the Seas. What a wonderful person! He truly listened to us.

Daley said the whole thing was inexcusable and apologized for what we went through. He asked many questions to truly understand everything. After our meeting, the Manager of Guest Services started singing a different tune. They sent us to Giovanni’s Thursday night as their guests. They also provided a wonderful bottle of wine at dinner. Friday afternoon, we were told we would be credited 50% of this cruise. The credit amount could be applied to a future cruise. Basically, Susan will get a free cruise for everything she went through.

We thought this was a reasonable and just resolution. Many thanks to Mr. Clunis Daley for everything he did to bring this to a close, so we can put this behind us. He is a gentleman’s gentleman.

FillmoreRanger

DFW, TX

Adventure of the Seas 02/12/2018

Many were asking what happened next. The morning after that disastrous meeting with the Manager of Guest Services, Executive Officer of Housekeeping, and the Chief Security Officer, I requested a meeting with Clunis Daley, Hotel Director, Adventure of the Seas. What a wonderful person! He truly listened to us.

Daley said the whole thing was inexcusable and apologized for what we went through. He asked many questions to truly understand everything. After our meeting, the Manager of Guest Services started singing a different tune. They sent us to Giovanni’s Thursday night as their guests. They also provided a wonderful bottle of wine at dinner. Friday afternoon, we were told we would be credited 50% of this cruise. The credit amount could be applied to a future cruise. Basically, Susan will get a free cruise for everything she went through.

We thought this was a reasonable and just resolution. Many thanks to Mr. Clunis Daley for everything he did to bring this to a close, so we can put this behind us. He is a gentleman’s gentleman.

FillmoreRanger

DFW, TX

Adventure of the Seas 02/12/2018

Excellent outcome, very good to hear Mr. Daley took care of the situation.