Why is the Vista not a favorite?

blyle

Royal does a great job with big ships like Oasis class, we never felt crowded. Carnival on the other hand created a very unlikable & crowded ship with the Vista class. I don't need to repeat what is often said about the Vista, it was a very disappointing ship.

Just off the Glory and comparing it to my Vista cruise a couple years ago is night and day. Glory was a great cruise and ship. Carnival's cutbacks continue to erode and dilute a once wonderful product. I'd take the Dream or Conquest class any day over Vista. It's too bad Carnival continues to cut back as much as it does. For the first time in over a decade I did not book another Carnival cruise while on board and have none in the pipeline, all due to a diluted product.

The steakhouse waiter with a group of 20 refused to give us a second side item on the first of three visits. Not sure when the MDR was cutback to only be open for lunch (brunch) on sea days. That was a disappointment. Even the free drink coupon says valid in MDR during lunch but lunch is not served in the MDR now. Breakfast any day or brunch on sea days only.

I liked the Vista. I cruised a B2B2B in the Med and TA. I usually cruise for itineraries, not for ships. However, I did cruise on the Allure in Dec. for the ship, but also had daughter and grandson with me.

I have never found anything on any ship, that would ever make me say I would never go back. And I wouldn’t let somebody else’s opinions keep me from sailing on a ship. I make my own decisions. If I don’t care for something, I work around it and find something else to do.

I don’t have any Carnival cruises booked right now, only because they have no itineraries I’m interested in. I would have no issue cruising on the Vista again, because in my mind, the pluses definitely outweigh the negatives.

I liked the Vista. I cruised a B2B2B in the Med and TA. I usually cruise for itineraries, not for ships. However, I did cruise on the Allure in Dec. for the ship, but also had daughter and grandson with me.

I have never found anything on any ship, that would ever make me say I would never go back. And I wouldn’t let somebody else’s opinions keep me from sailing on a ship. I make my own decisions. If I don’t care for something, I work around it and find something else to do.

I don’t have any Carnival cruises booked right now, only because they have no itineraries I’m interested in. I would have no issue cruising on the Vista again, because in my mind, the pluses definitely outweigh the negatives.

We enjoyed her as you did, so much so we sailed her again and on Horizon in July. There are people that post here with a really negative view, a good hint is when someone comes and starts with how good another lines ships are....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lol! I guess you’ve never sailed a RCCL Oasis class ship! 6,000 passengers! But totally awesome! Just not every person’s cup of tea!

The ship is way too small for everything they tried to jam in it. Oasis and Allure have over 6000 passengers yet never seemed crowded at all. Vista on the other hand was like a can of sardines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ship is way too small for everything they tried to jam in it. Oasis and Allure have over 6000 passengers yet never seemed crowded at all. Vista on the other hand was like a can of sardines.

Never felt that way and have sailed on Oasis and Vista (twice), where did you feel the extra passengers? To be honest, I have not sailed in a can of sardines either...

I like new big ships. I know some of you like smaller ships but they are not building them anymore.

I like that there are many places to do thing. I like the newer food places so you don’t have to do the buffet. What I agree with the food is bad in there few choices

I love new ships but Vista was a huge letdown. I was spoiled by going in Anthem just a few months earlier. It completely blew me away. I had take some classes on Vista and could not wait. I booked a group on her the day the reservations came out. Every one in my group (family and friends) all said agreed about the ship. They also experienced Anthem with much trepidation after Vista experience and fell in love

I love new ships but Vista was a huge letdown. I was spoiled by going in Anthem just a few months earlier. It completely blew me away. I had take some classes on Vista and could not wait. I booked a group on her the day the reservations came out. Every one in my group (family and friends) all said agreed about the ship. They also experienced Anthem with much trepidation after Vista experience and fell in love

Sounds like you have found your sweet spot, wave to us in the sardine can if you sail by.

I haven’t sailed on any of the newer ships on other lines but the Sunshine felt uncomfortably crowded on both of my sailings compared to the other 6 or 7 ships I’ve sailed on CCL. The first time I assumed it was because of the xmas holiday but we sailed her last August and it may have been even worse. Maybe I’m a fuddy duddy but I’m going to be avoiding the newer ships on CCL due to my experiences on the Sunshine. My extended family hopes to do a mega Royal ship in 2019, will be interested to see how that feels.

I agree when I came over to Carnival from Royal that there ships do not manage crowds anywhere near as well as Royal. Again on the Allure with 6000+ it never once felt crowded. But that is just one part of the puzzle. Allure was one of our least favorite cruises.

We enjoyed her as you did, so much so we sailed her again and on Horizon in July. There are people that post here with a really negative view, a good hint is when someone comes and starts with how good another lines ships are....

I agree; it is literally impossible to dislike a specific cruise ship for valid reasons.

I agree; it is literally impossible to dislike a specific cruise ship for valid reasons.

Of course people can dislike specific ships, you do, I do, everyone does to some degree. My point about the negative posts, was that when the thread is talking about the good or not so good points about that ship, and someone leads off with another cruise line and their ships wonderful points, it implies something, to me at least.

A less important question would be, how do you dislike a ship for invalid reasons?

Not even close to being correct. I dislike the Spirit class for reasons that are valid to me and specifically listed them. Because of those reasons, my favorite is the Conquest class.

Not even close to being correct. I dislike the Spirit class for reasons that are valid to me and specifically listed them. Because of those reasons, my favorite is the Conquest class.

I guess the sarcasm was lost on you.

Of course people can dislike specific ships, you do, I do, everyone does to some degree. My point about the negative posts, was that when the thread is talking about the good or not so good points about that ship, and someone leads off with another cruise line and their ships wonderful points, it implies something, to me at least.

A less important question would be, how do you dislike a ship for invalid reasons?

Invalid reasons??? There are plenty of valid reasons. Vista has many design flaws, ebbed John Heald was commenting on some of them in the Q&A we had on board.

1. Only one elevator to top deck where the adult area is and two to the deck below that where the expensive spa balconies were.

2. Movable seats in Liquid Lounge which basically eliminated 1/3 of the seating in the lounge which already did not have enough seats for the number of passengers even with two seatings.

3. Blue glass in lounge obscuring views from upper level.

4. Human speed bumps (metal joints) that kept tripping people entire cruise. Made my first trip to medical center in 30 cruises.

5. Comedy lounge way too small - who wants to stand in line for two hours to get in and if you are lucky get a seat.

6. Sports Bar also too small. Maybe sat 25 people.

7. Hiding the hallways behind stairwells interesting idea, but confusing.

7. Fun trying to find Cucina El Capitano and Jijis, if you are unable to take stairs from the buffet area, like my parents.

8. Making dinner reservations on deck 5 go to Deck 3, on opposite ends of ship, another brilliant idea especially for those with limited mobility.

These are only a few very valid reasons.

I have been on older smaller ships better designed than Vista. It was like a little kid designed it and wanted to see how much stuff they could jam into it. If the ship were larger, it may have been better. It did not stop me from booking Horizon. I am interested in seeing if they fixed any of the design issues.

Loved Matt and Cookie. Had a great cruise with my family and friends, but expected this ship to be fantastic but it fell short.

Invalid reasons??? There are plenty of valid reasons. Vista has many design flaws, ebbed John Heald was commenting on some of them in the Q&A we had on board.

1. Only one elevator to top deck where the adult area is and two to the deck below that where the expensive spa balconies were.

2. Movable seats in Liquid Lounge which basically eliminated 1/3 of the seating in the lounge which already did not have enough seats for the number of passengers even with two seatings.

4. Human speed bumps (metal joints) that kept tripping people entire cruise. Made my first trip to medical center in 30 cruises.

5. Comedy lounge way too small - who wants to stand in line for two hours to get in and if you are lucky get a seat.

7. Fun trying to find Cucina El Capitano and Jijis, if you are unable to take stairs from the buffet area, like my parents.

8. Making dinner reservations on deck 5 go to Deck 3, on opposite ends of ship, another brilliant idea especially for those with limited mobility.

I have been on older smaller ships better designed than Vista. It was like a little kid designed it and wanted to see how much stuff they could jam into it. If the ship were larger, it may have been better. It did not stop me from booking Horizon. I am interested in seeing if they fixed any of the design issues.

Loved Matt and Cookie. Had a great cruise with my family and friends, but expected this ship to be fantastic but it fell short.

Lol, the last lie was meant as a joke to the poster. But tell us how you really feel

What you may consider to be poor choices in your opinion does not make them "design flaws". :rolleyes: