Coffee

abby04276

We have the alcohol package for an upcoming cruise. Is the coffee included in that package?

Abby, click on the promo, scroll down and click on the Terms and Conditions link. You will find out everything that is included/not included in the package.

Enjoy your cruise.

Wow! That is just crazy that it’s not included! I just had the beverage package on Carnival. It was about half the cost and coffee bar was included.��

Well, I'm afraid.... or happy, which ever you choose, this is not Carnival. Many others have complained about the coffee situation. The good news is, that it's free in the buffet. The specialty coffees are an Upcharge but they really are very good.

Just one of those things that makes NCL and CCL different.. many other cruise lines have differences too.

Enjoy your cruise.

Wow! That is just crazy that it’s not included! I just had the beverage package on Carnival. It was about half the cost and coffee bar was included.��

NCL isn't Carnival.

Carnival's alcohol package also caps you at 15 drinks per 24 hour period, and imposes a 5-minute wait time between orders. NCL does not.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize that that this is a Norwegian forum, but Celebrity does include fresh juice, bottled water (not Pellegrino) and some specialty coffees. Plus you don't have to pay for the gratuity. Most times the beverage package is free. The drink $ limit is $12.

I realize that that this is a Norwegian forum, but Celebrity does include fresh juice, bottled water (not Pellegrino) and some specialty coffees. Plus you don't have to pay for the gratuity. Most times the beverage package is free. The drink $ limit is $12.

And how much did you pay for your cruise compared to a NCL cruise.

Unlike every other line I have sailed on, it is not included. I find this extremely disappointing. I also find it very illogical that they won't charge for a drink with alcohol that would ordinarily cost more, but not a specialty coffee which carries a lower price tag than the alcoholic beverage. Makes no sense. Guess they prefer I order a Bloody Mary in the morning and cost them more money instead. NCL is still my favorite line, but this, and the fact that sparking water is not included, are the 2 things that bother me the most. As much as I love specialty coffee and visit Starbucks regularly at home, I don't order the coffee on NCL to protest the fact that it is not included in the beverage package.

I hate that bottled water and specialty coffee isn't included in the UBP either. However, I know that there has to be some limit to the free at sea choice. Cheers on Carnival will cost you $900 for to people ...... I'll take the NCL UBP promo any day with the huge savings even if having to pay A la carte for coffee and water.

I too hate the coffee & must drink decaf which is too thin. So I always bring my own (Peets or Starbucks)

and have housekeeping send up a coffee maker. It is a one cup pot and is tricky not to get grounds into cup

but keeps me happy.

The regular coffee on all NCL ships is wonderful. The machines in the buffet grinds beans fresh and brews the coffee.

Please don't tell people about the coffee machines that grind the beans fresh with each cup. My experience is that there are zero, one or two of those machines in the buffet and I don't want the lines to get long. Their coffee (regular or decafe) is excellent. The other coffee is only fair. But when one is hooked like me, I drink the mundane stuff anyway. :)