sailing next Sunday and no cabin yet

SeaBands

The latest I ever got a cabin assignment was 2 days before sailing. I have to say the later I get an assignment, the better they are. I've been booking MM guarantees and ending up in outside cabins-a C once (that was the one I got 2 days before sailing) and on my South Pacific cruise-an FF.

I used to think that the later the assignment came, the better the cabin we would get. Until our last cruise :eek: That nearly convinced me to choose our cabin, instead of playing the guarantee lottery.... nearly but not quite :)

Hmm, last time that happened to my parents, they finally called and found out they were actually bumped from the cruise. It was Norwegian and they had made final payment. They had to fight to get their money back quickly. The line never let them know! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Add this to the list of why I would not book a NCL cruise ever again. I did one and it was a disaster from start to finish.

Add this to the list of why I would not book a NCL cruise ever again. I did one and it was a disaster from start to finish.

We took my folks to our TA the day they found out so they could book something else quickly - already had the 30 days vacation time scheduled. Our TA at that time said that is why she never books Norwegian for any clients. We certainly won’t ever bother with NCL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I used to think that the later the assignment came, the better the cabin we would get. Until our last cruise :eek: That nearly convinced me to choose our cabin, instead of playing the guarantee lottery.... nearly but not quite :)

I thought that too, but we leave Sunday and got our assignment last week. It was not good and will probably never book another guarantee. I was finally able to change it, but nobody helped me. Over 35 cruises and ¾ of those have been guarantees, but I don't think I would do it again. Because of the way I was treated, I'm no longer looking forward to this cruise or sailing on HAL. They will have to wow me to keep me as a future cruiser. We are 3 star and I've never been more disappointed. Trying Windstar Star Breeze in a couple of months and booked a nice suite, no guarantee.

I thought that too, but we leave Sunday and got our assignment last week. It was not good and will probably never book another guarantee. I was finally able to change it, but nobody helped me. Over 35 cruises and ¾ of those have been guarantees, but I don't think I would do it again. Because of the way I was treated, I'm no longer looking forward to this cruise or sailing on HAL. They will have to wow me to keep me as a future cruiser. We are 3 star and I've never been more disappointed. Trying Windstar Star Breeze in a couple of months and booked a nice suite, no guarantee.

Sorry that you were so disappointed, but I'm glad you were able to change. I didn't try to change our assignment. We did get a very last minute upsell, which I grabbed. Ran over the dog in my rush to get to the phone to grab the upsell!

I know, when I book a gty, I may be underwhelmed by the outcome. But to be honest, in many gty bookings, the last cruise was the first time I was dismayed/disappointed by the assignment.

The worst-EVER cabin I have had was one I picked for myself. I figure the odds are in my favor by rolling the dice with a gty :)

I hope you are able to overcome your disappointment and enjoy the cruise!

I have gotten a guarantee cabin as close as two days prior to sailing. The cabin we were assigned was

“666”. We booked two weeks prior to sailing and had to book a guarantee.

When I have booked a guarantee, I have only been unhappy once. I did get an upsell offer 5 days before sailing and that helped.

still no cabin and sailing Sunday. They offered a Pinnacle thru TA for $1150 this time but passed.Maybe we'll be bumped to one anyway.

Well, this is getting interesting. I'll have my fingers crossed (y) for you.

It sounds like they aren't going to assign until they get the PS filled. Wonder if they sold too many and need to mover someone? Who knows? You just might get it (y)

they are still trying to sell the PS

PREFERRED LIMITED UPGRADE SPECIAL!!

To take advantage of this special offer, please call 888-628-8107

Upgrade for select bookings from your Neptune Suite (Category SA to SB)

to the following best available:

Pinnacle Suite (Category PS) for an additional $899pp USD/$1169pp CAD