Dirty tables at Windjammer on Oasis

Coloboque

Today was our last day on Oasis, thanks heaven! The ship is overcrowded. The food was mediocre and repetitive. Meh, meh, meh! Nothing to write home about.

The Windjammer tables were gross. We even took a video of one:

Most tables were sticky or covered with this nasty layer of grime. It looks like the workers just sweep the tables but never really clean them. Any restaurant on land would immediately have a health code violation!

Yah the staff is not the best at the WJ:rolleyes:

Notice that original poster hasn't returned to the thread since Feb 26, one day after posting her "Horrific nightmare" story.

If she insists on using a wet nap to sand the table show the world that it's dirty, perhaps she should stay home. Months, perhaps years of build up? Her husband, boyfriend never says a word. Probably embarrassed to be with her.

Nevertheless, as many have stated, lighten up and enjoy the cruise. But it probably springboarded to her being rude to

cabin stewards, wait staff etc.

Remember - some people aren't happy unless they're complaining about something. This is that person.

Notice that original poster hasn't returned to the thread since Feb 26, one day after posting her "Horrific nightmare" story.

If she insists on using a wet nap to sand the table show the world that it's dirty, perhaps she should stay home. Months, perhaps years of build up? Her husband, boyfriend never says a word. Probably embarrassed to be with her.

Nevertheless, as many have stated, lighten up and enjoy the cruise. But it probably springboarded to her being rude to

cabin stewards, wait staff etc.

Remember - some people aren't happy unless they're complaining about something. This is that person.

Bingo! I must say I love the dramatic YouTube video title "SHOCKING! Oasis of the seas cruise ship DIRTY dining room"

LOL, give me a break.

It takes a special woman to put up with a man who takes out his camera and starts filming a video, with narration, of himself wiping off a table in the middle of lunch.

dssking, I am reading the posts, don't worry so much. I receive an email each time someone posts here. But I don't see it necessary to reply because I see that for most of you here it's OK to eat off a dirty table. It is not OK for me however, and it is pretty disgusting. All people are different, some even enjoy dirty tables - to each his own. You have a right to be ripped off and enjoy your cruises with RCL.

I still don't see how people who work in that dining room earn their tips if they're so lazy to at least keep that dining room clean, which is their direct responsibility. I don't see how a 1-week cruise would cost 3K when the company disrespects you as a customer so much that they don't even care to acknowledge this problem. Since the tables have been this dirty for a long time, I assume the RCL don't give a hoot about having people enjoy their cruise.

Unfortunately, I've already paid for the Norwegian fjords cruise this coming summer, so I can't cancel it and am stuck to "enjoy" it. Ugh! After that, no more RCL cruises for me! There are plenty of decent companies who do care and respect their customers.

dssking, I am reading the posts, don't worry so much. I receive an email each time someone posts here. But I don't see it necessary to reply because I see that for most of you here it's OK to eat off a dirty table. It is not OK for me however, and it is pretty disgusting. All people are different, some even enjoy dirty tables - to each his own. You have a right to be ripped off and enjoy your cruises with RCL.

I still don't see how people who work in that dining room earn their tips if they're so lazy to at least keep that dining room clean, which is their direct responsibility. I don't see how a 1-week cruise would cost 3K when the company disrespects you as a customer so much that they don't even care to acknowledge this problem. Since the tables have been this dirty for a long time, I assume the RCL don't give a hoot about having people enjoy their cruise.

Unfortunately, I've already paid for the Norwegian fjords cruise this coming summer, so I can't cancel it and am stuck to "enjoy" it. Ugh! After that, no more RCL cruises for me! There are plenty of decent companies who do care and respect their customers.

We need more video's!! Maybe wiping down your TV remote or the Schooner Bar in Norway:p

So which sailing are you on? Serenade has a lovely WJ. We go late August and stay on for the TA. I don't think we've made final payment yet

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I know I'm shaking your cozy little world by pointing at the not-so-pretty stuff, so I guess I'm not going to read and post here any further. Enjoy your "sparkling clean" tables on Oasis!

I appreciate your post. That level of grossness is unacceptable and you are right to point it out.

Unfortunately on CC you are going to find many people who defend the cruise lines at all costs and rush to judge anyone who makes a valid critique. It wouldn’t surprise me if some people on CC are paid by the cruise lines to denigrate anyone who dares make a valid complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know I'm shaking your cozy little world by pointing at the not-so-pretty stuff, so I guess I'm not going to read and post here any further. Enjoy your "sparkling clean" tables on Oasis!

I'm fairly certain even those of us that are Loyal to Royal know that not everything is perfect and there is always room for improvement. That being said there is always room for a little grace, especially when on vacation.

I'm fairly certain even those of us that are Loyal to Royal know that not everything is perfect and there is always room for improvement. That being said there is always room for a little grace, especially when on vacation.

Royal is going to learn their lesson right after the OP spends thousands of dollars more on their "last" cruise. :rolleyes:

Today was our last day on Oasis, thanks heaven! The ship is overcrowded. The food was mediocre and repetitive. Meh, meh, meh! Nothing to write home about.

Most tables were sticky or covered with this nasty layer of grime. It looks like the workers just sweep the tables but never really clean them. Any restaurant on land would immediately have a health code violation!

Always take these for this very reason.

If you're worried about dissinfecting the table.

That wetwipe does nothing but smear it around.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clorox-Disinfecting-Wipes-Value-Pack-Citrus-Blend-Fresh-Scent-and-Orange-Fusion-300-Count/35606660?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=1408&adid=22222222227023691303&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=41024409632&wl4=pla-79044369032&wl5=9011575&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=35606660&wl13=1408&veh=sem

I appreciate your post. That level of grossness is unacceptable and you are right to point it out.

Unfortunately on CC you are going to find many people who defend the cruise lines at all costs and rush to judge anyone who makes a valid critique. It wouldn’t surprise me if some people on CC are paid by the cruise lines to denigrate anyone who dares make a valid complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But is it a valid critique?

I got tired reading all these posts. I just want to say I completely agree with your observation. This video clearly shows that these tables are not being cleaned. They are just being wiped down. A simple green scour pad once a week would illuminate this filthy build up . All these posts, you have every right not to be bothered by what you saw. But to mock and joke about the OP. Really, who is really on their high horse? The table is dirty and he shot a video to prove how dirty it was.

Then she should load the suitcase with lysol/chlorox wipes. As states, elevator buttons, curtlery, etc. Perhaps wipe down the glasses with your lemon lysol wipes so you don't have to squeeze lemons into the water.

Or the elevator buttons! That would be a good one as well. We could have an entire YouTube library. :p

But I don't see it necessary to reply because I see that for most of you here it's OK to eat off a dirty table. It is not OK for me however, and it is pretty disgusting.

As has already been explained to you multiple times, it's not dirty.

I still don't see how people who work in that dining room earn their tips if they're so lazy to at least keep that dining room clean, which is their direct responsibility.

It's not dirty. You're getting rebuff about this not just because you are being ridiculous, but because you are calling the crew lazy. I've cruised many times with RCL and I have *never* seen lazy crew-rank workers. Overworked, yes. Understaffed, yes. Never lazy. Those people work their butts off for as many as 14 hours a day for peanuts. They deserve the dignity of not being accused of traits they don't exhibit.

I don't see how a 1-week cruise would cost 3K when the company disrespects you as a customer so much that they don't even care to acknowledge this problem.

Because there isn't a problem.

After that, no more RCL cruises for me!

Good. The crew shouldn't have to put up with this crap.

Unfortunately, I've already paid for the Norwegian fjords cruise this coming summer, so I can't cancel it and am stuck to "enjoy" it.

If you truly feel the conditions are so heinous that it warrants filming a video to document it, payment or no payment, perhaps you shouldn't cruise with them in the future? Since it's so awful.

Or the elevator buttons! That would be a good one as well. We could have an entire YouTube library. :p

That is why I like cruises with a lot of kids aboard. You get in an elevator and all the buttons are already pushed.