Happy Hour

Host CJSKIDS

Perhaps Princess are endeavouring to shut down the PES lounge by making drinks, prices and snacks unattractive. Not a lot of incentive to visit there now. I was rather fond of the Chairman of the Board' Mojhito etc.:evilsmile: But am generally a cider drinker, e.g. Strongbow/Magners, so same prices apply throughout the ship for those.

Does anybody have the 'new list of $6.50 PES lounge drinks?

We were told that the drink specials at the PES lounge are not available anywhere else on the ship and I do believe that is the case.

Is anyone able to please post a drinks price list for Sapphire Princess (are they the same for every ship?) - am trying to work out if it is worth buying a beverage package, Thanks.

Prices are the same across the fleet. The only difference is for those ships based in Australia , where onboard currency is AUD , then pricing is higher to reflect both currency exchange and gratuity being included in the cost.

So, rhe drink menus in the above reference Royal review will be the same menus and pricing you'll find on Sapphire..

Thank you, the 'Boss' will be happy, a Mojito still on there, easy on the ice !!:halo:

Unfortunately, not a real mojito by any stretch of the imagination. It’s not fresh limes muddled with simple syrup or sugar and mint and then rum and club soda. It’s bicardi Limon mixed with a mojito mixer and they throw in a piece of mint.

Don’t mean to insult anyone who loves it, but it was kind of gross! And I love mojitos.

Unfortunately, not a real mojito by any stretch of the imagination. It’s not fresh limes muddled with simple syrup or sugar and mint and then rum and club soda. It’s bicardi Limon mixed with a mojito mixer and they throw in a piece of mint.

Don’t mean to insult anyone who loves it, but it was kind of gross! And I love mojitos.

And the Tito’s lemon drop was really awful, too. I would have been extremely disappointed with the fake monitors, had I ordered one.

Very few people in the lounge. That spoke volumes.

That is not good news, sounds like a cheapie mass produced mojito. Perhaps all the PES 'cocktails' are premix and done on the cheap.:evilsmile:

So no drink specials for us po folk... Only the elitist?

Hey! We be relatively poor folk as well but are Platinum which is all that's required. I haven't tried those "special" drinks though since they changed the selection. When they were "regular" drinks we would get one but we have been lucky since they changed the menu as our last two cruises were under the Sip and Sail so we ordered whatever we wanted.

We have several cruises booked and it will be "back to reality" and paying for our drinks on those as they aren't under that promo. (Heck, one of them is booked with no perks at all! I could change it to the Landmark Sale and get $500 OBC each but the cabin has gone up by exactly that much and they require changing to the new price in order to get the OBC. Let me see... $1000 more for the cabin and then get $1000 OBC. Not worth the effort so we will likely not have any perks. However, we will get to cruise to Alta, Norway for the Northern Lights so I think we will just "suffer" and do the cruise anyway. :rolleyes:

Consider yourself lucky. Those drinks were awful! We prefer the drinks from the regular menus.

Maybe they were offered in the hope that nobody would order them and instead spend more $$$ for the cocktails they really want.

Much like the USA airlines that now have "economy basic" fares which have a relatively low price, but restrictions few can live with (no guarantee you will be seated with your traveling companions, no carry-on suitcase, etc.). The expectation is that very few will book these fares and will instead spend more $$ to buy tickets that do not have these restrictions.

Consider yourself lucky. Those drinks were awful! We prefer the drinks from the regular menus.

I think I agree with you and we have not tried the PES new drink list yet, but might in a couple of weeks, perhaps once.:rolleyes:

Well it may look like Princess may have done away with Happy Hour.

It was on the Regal and the Crown last week. But as reported by A Pisces on my live from thread, it's not on the Crown this week. My girlfriend is on the Regal again this week on her 2nd leg of her b2b and she just Facebook messaged me that it's not on the Regal this week.

Does anyone on any other ship's see it listed in their patters.

I truly hope that this is not another cut back from Princess.

I just left the royal ta and there was no happy hour I was told it has been discontinued since the beginning of the year on all ships

Thank you very much for this - very helpful. :)

Well That would be a real shame one of the very few perks left - It was still available on the Sapphire in Feb in the far east - back on it again in about 6 weeks hope its still on
No more BOGO on Sapphire either, I got a report from relatives just off the ship, Singapore to Southampton.:evilsmile:

I’m in total agreement. My quandary is who is the target consumer for the syrupy sweet drinks that they are offering? Millennials? Young Ladies? ???