Upgrade Desk at Pier

saintsfan777

Does Princess have an upgrade desk at the pier like some of the other cruise lines?

Not that I am aware of, but I've been told by my Travel Agent that when checking in you can ask to see if you can pay to cruise in a different category.

I've never tried, so I don't know for sure.

Princess tends to ship full most sailings, so I'd be curious to hear other's experiences.

I’ve never seen an upgrade desk on Princess and if I have been near the Passenger Services desk at Boarding, I usually have seen a sign stating the ship is sailing full and no cabin changes are possible.

That said, Princess does do upsells starting about 6 weeks (+/-) before sailing. It is a random selection, you or your TA will be notified by email with a cabin category and price offer and given a number to call back and leave a message that you are interested in the upsell offer. It is first come, first served on upsells.

Does Princess have an upgrade desk at the pier like some of the other cruise lines?

Absolutely, positively no.

The check-in people have no access to any information about any vacant cabins.

You can ask at the Purser's Desk on the ship, but as others have posted there will normally be a sign saying the ship is sailing full.

Some other lines do not list an "upgrade" desk, but they sometimes have upgrades available at the "Supervisor" desk.

Princess has a more aggressive "upsell" system than some other lines. As above, if you are selected for an upsell offer, you (or your TA if you used one) will get a phone call from Princess. You need to respond as quickly as possible because they make more offers than they have cabins to upsell and it is on a "first come, first served" basis. I have read but cannot verify that if you accept one of these offers, you are more likely to receive the call on future cruises.

But the bottom line is that it doesn't hurt to ask at check in. The worst they can do is to say, "No."

Some other lines do not list an "upgrade" desk' date=' but they sometimes have upgrades available at the "Supervisor" desk.

Princess has a more aggressive "upsell" system than some other lines. As above, if you are selected for an upsell offer, you (or your TA if you used one) will get a phone call from Princess. You need to respond as quickly as possible because they make more offers than they have cabins to upsell and it is on a "first come, first served" basis. I have read but cannot verify that if you accept one of these offers, you are more likely to receive the call on future cruises.

But the bottom line is that it doesn't hurt to ask at check in. The worst they can do is to say, "No."[/quote']

The upsell offer comes in the form of an e-mail (at least for us), and you must call them back. Yes, it's first-come, first-served when calling to accept the offer.

I hope we'll continue to get upsell offers (we've accepted 2 and rejected 1 in the past).

The upsell offer comes in the form of an e-mail (at least for us), and you must call them back. Yes, it's first-come, first-served when calling to accept the offer.

I hope we'll continue to get upsell offers (we've accepted 2 and rejected 1 in the past).

You are right, they come in the form of an email with the phone number and extension that you call back. Just like the move over I now know!

We have gotten quite a few upsells and always took them but didn't for our December Regal sailing because I was annoyed with them. Plus we were traveling with friends who wouldn't be able to eat in Club Class with us. I sure hope that doesn't bat me out of having them in the future.

You are right, they come in the form of an email with the phone number and extension that you call back. Just like the move over I now know!

We have gotten quite a few upsells and always took them but didn't for our December Regal sailing because I was annoyed with them. Plus we were traveling with friends who wouldn't be able to eat in Club Class with us. I sure hope that doesn't bat me out of having them in the future.

Our first upsell came when we were traveling with my mother-in-law and her husband. They were Elite, so they were tapped in the early group for an upsell offer. Since I was handling the reservations, and we (as well as they) were interested, I called and asked if we (lowly Gold level) could also get the upsell offer. We were told, that they had to wait to see how many of the higher level rooms accepted the offer before they would offer it to lower levels. After about a week, we also got the upsell offer, so I called and accepted it.

Check in people are not Princess employees and have no information/authority to offer upgrades

From what I have read the question is asking once on the ship, not at the check-counter at the pier, & if they might have rooms to sell.

Tom😎