Just booked Oasis, Star Loft 1718. Any helpful tips or advice?

Just got a really awesome deal on the star loft suite on Oasis for this June. It’ll be my husband, myself and our 16 & 17 year old sons. Our 17 year old will turn 18 on the cruise and will have just graduated high school.

We live in Texas so normally we cruise out of Galveston so this will be our first time on an Oasis class ship. We have cruised in suites before but this will also be our first time with the Star class on Oasis.

Any tips, advice, things we should know about would be really great.

Oh my gosh, I’m so excited.

• 1 month later...

I recently got off of the Allure of the Seas in a star loft suite. Definitely take advantage of your Genie, letting him/her know what you like ahead of time so they can have it ready for you. You can have any of the food from the specialty restaurants brought to your room. For instance, have chips and guac or sushi in your room every day at 4. You Genie can help you plan a party in your room for your child. Also remember all drink from Starbucks are included. I would definitely take advantage of ALL specialty restaurants. We did Costal Kitchen for breakfast only. We were not too impressed. The specialty restaurants are way better. We went to the one we liked the most twice.

All laundry is included. We sent our clothes everyday and went home with all clean laundry! In addition, take advantage of the suite sun deck, we never had trouble finding a spot, and doing the extra tours, backstage, galley, and bridge. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer.

Just got a really awesome deal on the star loft suite on Oasis for this June. It’ll be my husband, myself and our 16 & 17 year old sons. Our 17 year old will turn 18 on the cruise and will have just graduated high school.

We live in Texas so normally we cruise out of Galveston so this will be our first time on an Oasis class ship. We have cruised in suites before but this will also be our first time with the Star class on Oasis.

Any tips, advice, things we should know about would be really great.

Oh my gosh, I’m so excited.

We are in Star Loft #1720 on the Oasis 4-15-18. We received an e-mail from our Genie 3-6-18 outlining what to expect and what we wanted stocked in our mini bar. I also requested our dining times at the Specialty Restaurants. As we have sailed 22 times on the Oasis we did not request any show reservations. We did request dining the 1st night and the 2nd formal night at the Coastal Kitchen. They have been serving the Chops Filet the 1st night and Lobster on the 2nd formal night.

We have sailed 21 times in a Crown Loft on the Oasis. We always enjoyed breakfast and lunch at the Coastal Kitchen. Marva will be our Stateroom Attendant on our April cruise and she should still be on board thru June. In my opinion, she is the best.

We are in the same Star Loft, #1718, as you for our 6-3-18 Oasis sailing. We have sailed in this cabin

on the Oasis in 2014. It is a great cabin with a very, very large balcony.

• 1 year later...

We booked this cruise for a trip in November of 2020. I know, I know that's so far away!!! But it's something that we can look forward to in the next 500 Plus days!  I know that the specialty restaurants, tips, shows, drinks are included in the package. And of course the Genie. It's one of the reasons we booked. However @amybk27 you said that there were back stage things. Is that included??? Thanks!

1 minute ago, STANMELB said:

Last year in April we paid $6800 for the 2 of us. In June we paid $8200 for the 2 of us. Doubt if we will see these prices again on an Oasis Class ship.

6800 is a steal with all the perks you get

4 hours ago, Suzi Piskur said:

We booked this cruise for a trip in November of 2020. I know, I know that's so far away!!! But it's something that we can look forward to in the next 500 Plus days!  I know that the specialty restaurants, tips, shows, drinks are included in the package. And of course the Genie. It's one of the reasons we booked. However @amybk27 you said that there were back stage things. Is that included??? Thanks!

We have it booked for November 2020 too.  It's a great suite, we were in in last December.

LOL

Now I know who to blame as to why we couldnt get 1718 on the days we were looking for in Nov 2020. We've booked it for beginning of Dec 2020 on Allure :)

I definitely prefer the looks of the balcony on 1718 over 1720 which appears to have virtually no privacy.

Edited by Luckybee

1 hour ago, Luckybee said:

LOL

Now I know who to blame as to why we couldnt get 1718 on the days we were looking for in Nov 2020. We've booked it for beginning of Dec 2020 on Allure 🙂

I definitely prefer the looks of the balcony on 1718 over 1720 which appears to have virtually no privacy.

Sorry!! But you will get all of the beautiful Christmas decorations!

3 hours ago, Luckybee said:

Thanks...didnt know that...when do the decorations go up?

They usually start the day after Thanksgiving, and it takes a few days to finish.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:01 PM, Luckybee said:

LOL

Now I know who to blame as to why we couldnt get 1718 on the days we were looking for in Nov 2020. We've booked it for beginning of Dec 2020 on Allure 🙂

We've been in both of these SLS and each has its own + and -.  

1718 has an ocean view vs 1720 which looks primarily out over the aft (although it does have an ocean view as well, on the side).  The balcony on 1720 is much, much bigger than the one on 1718.

The "bedroom" upstairs looks directly out over the ocean in 1718 whereas the bedroom on 1720 is at 90 degrees to the balcony view.

Overall, I think both the room and the balcony is larger for 1720.  I would (and will !) sail in either one again.

I have read of some who are concerned about the privacy of 1720 but I think that is unfounded.  First of all, nobody cares about what you are doing up there.  I have never seen anyone "looking" at me from down below. ...and who cares, anyway ?  I actually enjoyed the view in 1720 much more than I did the view in 1718 and I never had ANY concern about privacy.  That's what those big, electric 2-story drapes are for !

Of the 2, I think I preferred the extra space, layout and views of 1720 and have it booked again twice in 2020.

I’m the OP and we paid about $8000 for 4 of us last summer, which was honestly a great price.  I hope I find a similar deal in the future.  We booked same cabin for this summer on Allure, and we are definitely not paying $8000 this summer. 

As for back stage things, our Genie took our teenage sons back stage to meet the cast of the shows.  No charge for that.  

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, RFerrington said:

We've been in both of these SLS and each has its own + and -.  

1718 has an ocean view vs 1720 which looks primarily out over the aft (although it does have an ocean view as well, on the side).  The balcony on 1720 is much, much bigger than the one on 1718.

The "bedroom" upstairs looks directly out over the ocean in 1718 whereas the bedroom on 1720 is at 90 degrees to the balcony view.

Overall, I think both the room and the balcony is larger for 1720.  I would (and will !) sail in either one again.

I have read of some who are concerned about the privacy of 1720 but I think that is unfounded.  First of all, nobody cares about what you are doing up there.  I have never seen anyone "looking" at me from down below. ...and who cares, anyway ?  I actually enjoyed the view in 1720 much more than I did the view in 1718 and I never had ANY concern about privacy.  That's what those big, electric 2-story drapes are for !

Of the 2, I think I preferred the extra space, layout and views of 1720 and have it booked again twice in 2020.

We're you bothered by any noise in 1720.  That suite overlooks plenty of public areas, whereas 1718 overlooks the ocean.  DW is very concerned about both the noise, and the privacy.  Which balcony may offer more shade?

8 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

We're you bothered by any noise in 1720.  That suite overlooks plenty of public areas, whereas 1718 overlooks the ocean.  DW is very concerned about both the noise, and the privacy.  Which balcony may offer more shade?

There was definitely a bit more noise on 1720 due to its proximity to the sports court but I never found it to be a problem.  I was never concerned about privacy.

Shade.  Hmmmm....  I would say they are about the same with 1720 MAYBE having a slight edge. Both of them will have sunny times and shady times.

I love both of these suites.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:30 PM, jessandtwo said:

I’m the OP and we paid about $8000 for 4 of us last summer, which was honestly a great price.  I hope I find a similar deal in the future.  We booked same cabin for this summer on Allure, and we are definitely not paying $8000 this summer. 

As for back stage things, our Genie took our teenage sons back stage to meet the cast of the shows.  No charge for that.  

We have it for our January 2021 trip - we definitely did not get it for $8000. We are very curious on all the Royal Genie can do for you!

On 1/24/2020 at 7:04 PM, Sun and Fun said:

we definitely did not get it for $8000. We are very curious on all the Royal Genie can do for you!

That's for sure.  We're looking at summer rates.  Much closer to 1.5 to 2 times that cost.  We used the genie for specialty resturant reservations,  choice theater and other venue seating,  priority tendering, dealing with pre and onboard wishes. There are other threads just dealing with what the genie can do.  Mostly, it's up to you.