Baby food

Moomduck1

Is it ok to bring baby food on board the escape for a 9 month old baby?

Giving this a little bump so perhaps someone else can chime in. You probably need to call Guest Services at NCL to get a definitive answer. Also, you might try posting this on the Family Cruises board of Cruise Critic. Here is a link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Baby food is ok. Liquid milk, etc, needs to be pre approved - see below.

NCL also sells diapers if you want to avoid an extra suitcase of nappies.

If I need to bring water or milk onboard for a medical reason or infant, what’s the process?

Guests who have special needs, medical requirements, or families with infants who require water for formula or milk, should contact the access desk at accessdesk@ncl.com to verify if an exception can be made for their beverage and to obtain pre-approval to provide to security at embarkation.

Thanks for the replies. I emailed NCL to be sure. We're happy to take the 9 month old on the cruise. It may not work for some, but he's a pretty happy go lucky baby.

I think 9 months is a wonderful age for cruising! We took our son for the first time at 10 months, and are looking forward to daughter's first at 9 months in May :)

Baby food in sealed containers should be no problem -- if you need liquid formula or water to mix it with you'll need to get prior approval for that. We plan to take some baby food pouches/containers to use in combination with some foods from the ship, and some cheerios or puffs or other similar snacks.

Yes. I brought food and bottled water for my 10month old. Barely used it. The dining rooms had many options and were very accommodating. I would just smash the food with a fork. I picked up mini cereal boxes from the buffet for snacks. For the second cruise with the kids, I didn’t bring any food or snacks. I would go to O’Sheehans and they would provide warm milk. We didn’t spend too much time in ports so I guess that made it easier.

Better to not bring a 9 month old on a cruise

So rude. :mad:

To the OP I am bringing my 9 month old on the Gem next month and my PCC said sealed baby food was fine. I also emailed the access desk for a liquid exception so we could bring bottled water, which they granted.

• 3 months later...
I think 9 months is a wonderful age for cruising! We took our son for the first time at 10 months, and are looking forward to daughter's first at 9 months in May :)

Baby food in sealed containers should be no problem -- if you need liquid formula or water to mix it with you'll need to get prior approval for that. We plan to take some baby food pouches/containers to use in combination with some foods from the ship, and some cheerios or puffs or other similar snacks.

Please tell me if you had any problem taking a 9 month old on the Bermuda cruise? We just booked the New York cruise to Bermuda, traveling with a 11 month old then and niewegan sent an email regarding infant must be 12 months old for 3 day at sea travel. I’m hoping this cruise to Bermuda is only 2 1/2 days at sea.

Yes. I brought food and bottled water for my 10month old. Barely used it. The dining rooms had many options and were very accommodating. I would just smash the food with a fork. I picked up mini cereal boxes from the buffet for snacks. For the second cruise with the kids, I didn’t bring any food or snacks. I would go to O’Sheehans and they would provide warm milk. We didn’t spend too much time in ports so I guess that made it easier.

Can you tell me if you had any problem taking a 10 month on cruise, was it 3 days at sea? Norwegian sent us a email saying infant must be 12 months for 3 day at sea trips

Can you tell me if you had any problem taking a 10 month on cruise, was it 3 days at sea? Norwegian sent us a email saying infant must be 12 months for 3 day at sea trips

You should try calling NCL. Their official written policy says 12 months if there are 3 or more consecutive days at sea, but the NY to Bermuda cruise doesn't seem to be 3 consecutive days at sea.