Drink prices Spring 2018

Trying to decide about package purchase. Does anyone have pictures or a list of current prices charged per beverage? Beer, wine, cocktails, anything not included in cruise pricing. Please & thanks.

Sailing on Serenade in 2 weeks.

Trying to decide about package purchase. Does anyone have pictures or a list of current prices charged per beverage? Beer, wine, cocktails, anything not included in cruise pricing. Please & thanks.

Sailing on Serenade in 2 weeks.

Beer is $6.50 to $8.50. Basic well drinks around $9, fancy (frozen/blender/upper shelf) cocktails around $12. WIne starts at $8 per glass and goes way up. Soda around $4 per can.

I posted the current general bar menus and specialty bar menus on my link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2613542

That's a LOT of great info, thanks!!! I'm in the wine and liquor business, and surprisingly enough, they have a decent selection of wines. SOME of these are a good value, others are WAY over inflated, like NY Steak House prices, 3x plus markup. Luckily as a wine drinker, I took the ultimate drink package and may take advantage of the bottle discounts at dinners, along with the monster bottles I'll be bringing with me!

Beer is $6.50 to $8.50. Basic well drinks around $9, fancy (frozen/blender/upper shelf) cocktails around $12. WIne starts at $8 per glass and goes way up. Soda around $4 per can.

Don't forget that they automatically add a 18% gratuity to all drinks. The prices above are pre-gratuity.

You're allowed 2 750ml per cabin.....not the monster bottles!!

Thanks for the answer to my recently posted thread, but by monster bottles, I mean REALLY GOOD bottles of wine! :)

But in so far as size, that does clarify...bummer, I have a few really good magnums of wine!

IF I do bring the magnums on board and the disallow them, what happens to those bottles? Do I get them back at the end of the cruise? Would hate to gamble with a few hundred dollar bottle of wine and lose it....

I posted the current general bar menus and specialty bar menus on my link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2613542

Thanks BirdTravels! It took a bit of scrolling to find the bar menu but that was the info I was looking for. Your pictures of food & cruise compasses - always so helpful!

We did decide on the ultimate package at $42/pp,pd. For an 11 day cruise it's a big splurge. But at least we won't have to think about it anymore and can try some new things. Don't suppose the tiny Serenade will have quite this much to choose from, but here's hoping! Thanks again, and to all who responded.

Side note to cb at sea - I do know that the wine bottle size is limited to the standard 750ml. Two of those per stateroom. From what I read about folks who tried to bring extension cords & power strips that were confiscated at boarding, they said they got them back upon return. But I would advise not to risk bringing the magnums because it's a pretty sure bet they'll get noticed and confiscated! And they seem as though they'd be a hassle to travel with. Just my $.02.

IF I do bring the magnums on board and the disallow them, what happens to those bottles? Do I get them back at the end of the cruise? Would hate to gamble with a few hundred dollar bottle of wine and lose it....

FAQ says: "Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned."

So they either return it on the last night or throw it out.

In the link that was posted to menus on the Oasis (or Allure, I don't remember, but same difference), just about all the cocktails are $13 or $15...the deluxe beverage package includes drinks up to $12. Seriously? Are the prices similar on smaller ships? I wasn't sure if they were inflated since the ships are bigger/newer. If so, that's ridiculous. This is my first time on RCCL...on NCL, basically everything is included, save for a few expensive scotches and champagnes. Carnival is the same I think. I can't believe their cocktails would be excluded. If anyone has information on this, let me know! Thanks!

In the link that was posted to menus on the Oasis (or Allure, I don't remember, but same difference), just about all the cocktails are $13 or $15...the deluxe beverage package includes drinks up to $12. Seriously? Are the prices similar on smaller ships? I wasn't sure if they were inflated since the ships are bigger/newer. If so, that's ridiculous. This is my first time on RCCL...on NCL, basically everything is included, save for a few expensive scotches and champagnes. Carnival is the same I think. I can't believe their cocktails would be excluded. If anyone has information on this, let me know! Thanks!

Oasis class and Anthem (Quantum class) DO often have higher prices than the rest of the fleet.

If you want a drink that costs more than what the package covers, you are charged the difference plus 18% gratuity on that difference.

(The drink allowance is also higher on those ships - Oasis class and Anthem)

The package now covers drinks up to $13 from what I've read on here.

The package now covers drinks up to $13 from what I've read on here.

That would be nice...but the details on the website when I purchased it said up to $12. I'm on the Jewel, so maybe it's up to $12 on the smaller ships...and those same cocktails that are $13 on the bigger ships are $12 instead. I don't know...that's what I'm hoping for at least. Has anyone seen any recent drink menus from the Jewel?

That would be nice...but the details on the website when I purchased it said up to $12. I'm on the Jewel, so maybe it's up to $12 on the smaller ships...and those same cocktails that are $13 on the bigger ships are $12 instead. I don't know...that's what I'm hoping for at least. Has anyone seen any recent drink menus from the Jewel?

Virtually all drinks will be within the drink limit of the beverage package.

Your assumptions are correct. :)

We were on Jewel in November on TA, and we had drinks package, and so did our friends we were with. The cocktail of the day, which was advertised at the bars was over the limit of the drinks package. Also, I normally drink Domaine Chandon, when I've sailed, and it's always been within the drinks package limit, it wasn't in November, if I wanted that I had to pay extra!! Most drinks are within the limit, but not all.

The bar tenders were good at letting you know if what you were ordering was within the package or not, or if you had to substitute for something of lesser value.

We may bring our own wine onboard the Rhapsody, merely a preference. What would the corkage fee be to bring the wine into the main dining room?

There is no corkage fee (although RCCL may advertise that there is)...we have never had a fee charged to us.

Also, you can ask your room attendant for a corkscrew once you get to your cabin. They will gladly supply one. ;)

We may bring our own wine onboard the Rhapsody, merely a preference. What would the corkage fee be to bring the wine into the main dining room?

There is no corkage fee (although RCCL may advertise that there is)...we have never had a fee charged to us.

Also, you can ask your room attendant for a corkscrew once you get to your cabin. They will gladly supply one. ;)

There certainly is a corkage fee in the restaurants. It is $15. The staff do not always charge it, but it exists and is "supposed to be" charged.

We were on Jewel in November on TA, and we had drinks package, and so did our friends we were with. The cocktail of the day, which was advertised at the bars was over the limit of the drinks package. Also, I normally drink Domaine Chandon, when I've sailed, and it's always been within the drinks package limit, it wasn't in November, if I wanted that I had to pay extra!! Most drinks are within the limit, but not all.

The bar tenders were good at letting you know if what you were ordering was within the package or not, or if you had to substitute for something of lesser value.

Sometimes the drink of the day is in a souvenir glass, which makes it more expensive. You can order in a regular glass and it's cheaper.

Sometimes the drink of the day is in a souvenir glass, which makes it more expensive. You can order in a regular glass and it's cheaper.

This was at the Sky Bar in a normal pool plastic glass, no souvenir glass!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have cruised on Celebrity the last 5 cruises. Got used to drink pkg being included. We are just feeling that we are being priced out and want to try RCI again which weve sailed twice about 7 years ago.

Maybe this has been covered and I apologize for asking but what is the cost of the drink pkg on RCI? Drinks like vodka tonic seem to be about $8-$9 each?

Do they discount drink pkgs at all? Do both husband and wife have to get drink pkg or can one get it and other pay as you go?

Sorry for all the questions but want to hear from fellow cruisers that have been cruising on RCI recently.

We have cruised on Celebrity the last 5 cruises. Got used to drink pkg being included. We are just feeling that we are being priced out and want to try RCI again which weve sailed twice about 7 years ago.

Maybe this has been covered and I apologize for asking but what is the cost of the drink pkg on RCI? Drinks like vodka tonic seem to be about $8-$9 each?

Do they discount drink pkgs at all? Do both husband and wife have to get drink pkg or can one get it and other pay as you go?

Sorry for all the questions but want to hear from fellow cruisers that have been cruising on RCI recently.

No need for apologies - that's just what this board is for is to get answers to our questions! :)

Talking the ultimate package here, which covers the most - liquor, beer, wine, specialty coffee, juice, bottled water. The prices vary somewhat and your best bet is to keep an eye on the cruise planner. Our original quote was for $55 per person per day. I saw it come down to $42, then go up to $45, then come back down to $42. These prices get another 18% added on when you book, which is a prepaid gratuity. What you can do is go to the cruise planner, go through the ordering process and get the final price. That might help you figure out if it's worth it to you. Don't know for sure but I think a vodka tonic might set you back a dollar or two more than your estimate.

When we sailed last year there was not a requirement that all over age 21 in a stateroom had to purchase the package, but now there is that requirement. I have read that it is possible for RC to waive it if you call and request it based on special circumstances.

I have also read that there are drink cards SOMETIMES available, which is a punch card for 10 drinks for a set amount - $75 is the price I saw most often. Problem is they don't always offer them and if offered they don't appear until a few days into the sailing. They are a good deal because you can share them but you take your chances if/when they are offered.

One idea I read about is to put the same amount of money you would pay for the drinks package into your onboard account. This person said they ended up with money left over every cruise. If we had done that on our last one, we would have been money ahead too because I got sick and didn't eat or drink much for the last couple days.

So anyway, hope I didn't overwhelm. There's tons of info & comments about this topic here on cruise critic, so you can really research the heck out of it but it comes down to making a decision about what works best for you. Hope you have a wonderful time!