Windjammer Dinners

So with the new MDR menus coming out, has anyone noticed a change in the offerings in the WIndjammer at dinner time? I know sometimes the WJ would offer some of the same items on the MDR menus. Thanks!

I did not notice any MDR entrees in Windjammer on Adventure the last two weeks.

We haven't ever seen lobster in WJ, but have seen the cold soups offered the same nights as MDR, as well as lamb, chicken cordon blue, and even the lasagna. Certainly not everything offered from MDR menus, but a few options. Thanks for replies!

I did not notice any MDR entrees in Windjammer on Adventure the last two weeks.

Well that's not good. Last couple years WindJammer dinners had best selection I've ever seen including the MDR Entrees. Hope it's not a trend...

Well that's not good. Last couple years WindJammer dinners had best selection I've ever seen including the MDR Entrees. Hope it's not a trend...

The 4 or 5 times we ate dinner in Windjammer on Adventure during the last 2 weeks, we were impressed with the selection. Each night was a different theme, like English, Mexican, American, etc. There were also Indian choices every night.

The 4 or 5 times we ate dinner in Windjammer on Adventure during the last 2 weeks, we were impressed with the selection. Each night was a different theme, like English, Mexican, American, etc. There were also Indian choices every night.

Bob, I noted the same on the Navigator. Though we didn't eat in the WJ, we made a run at it after the MDR for a few things. I loved the different cheeses they offered.

Just curious what they served on "English" night? I just picture an entire room of fish and chips, chicken tikka masala, yorkshire pudding, and a full English.

Just curious what they served on "English" night? I just picture an entire room of fish and chips, chicken tikka masala, yorkshire pudding, and a full English.

All of the above, with the addition of roast beef, bangers and mash, and some other type of scottish potatoes.

Haven’t seen bangers in the WJ for breakfast for a couple of cruises & DH looks for them. Do they not do those anymore in the mornings? He swears he had them for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven’t seen bangers in the WJ for breakfast for a couple of cruises & DH looks for them. Do they not do those anymore in the mornings? He swears he had them for breakfast.

I've seen breakfast sausages, but those are the typical American pork or turkey type breakfast sausages. On our transatlantic cruises starting in Europe, they usually offer English bacon and the black hockey puck things.

That black hockey puck thing is pigs blood. My daughter in law is British and when we we to breakfast in England, I asked what is it that ? Her response was pigs blood,it didn't taste bad but I also didn't like beans with my breakfast

That black hockey puck thing is pigs blood. My daughter in law is British and when we we to breakfast in England, I asked what is it that ? Her response was pigs blood,it didn't taste bad but I also didn't like beans with my breakfast

I've been told it's an acquired taste, and I have no desire to acquire that taste right now.

On a recent Oasis of the Seas cruise, on the final evening, we were greeted with a glass of sparkling wine and a great buffet that included plenty of lobster and various seafood. On the 7 night cruise we dined there twice. Really impressed.

You guys should have been on the Independence T/A from Southampton a few months ago. British food for 15 days breakfast, lunch and dinner. I thought it was pretty good, even the black hockey puck.

You guys should have been on the Independence T/A from Southampton a few months ago. British food for 15 days breakfast, lunch and dinner. I thought it was pretty good, even the black hockey puck.

Yeah, I got to enjoy that English bacon every morning.