Newbie questions

Monochrome

Our first Azamara cruise is next month and I would like to know if the Premium Beverage Package provides a selection of wines over and above what is already offered complimentary and if OV cabins have makeup mirrors. Thank you AZ Cruisers.

Our first Azamara cruise is next month and I would like to know if the Premium Beverage Package provides a selection of wines over and above what is already offered complimentary and if OV cabins have makeup mirrors. Thank you AZ Cruisers.

No, only the Ultimate Beverage Package gives an upgraded wine choice. There was a little bit of chat about it recently, at the following link. I can’t give you personal experience of it though:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2610609

Yes, the OVs have make up mirrors, one side is magnified.

Phil

The included wines are in my opinion fine. I never had the need of upgrading. Why don't you give it a try first? You can always buy a premium bottle onboard if you wish once a better quality wine.

Ivi

Hi Monochrome, and welcome to Azamara! We also offer two Wine Upgrade packages if that's what you're looking for. Here's a link to the webpage where you'll find more information. Bon Voyage! :ship:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

We like our wine and wish that Azamara had a higher-quality/wine by the glass package rather than the current Ultimate package where the wines offered are not in our opinion worth the price per day, or the bottle package which doesn't really work as well if one partner wants white at a meal and one wants red. We do not think the included wines are very good but we muddle through with the Dark Horse Chardonnay and the sparking wine which is more to our liking than the other included wines. The current package is just not worth the $44 a day to us. As others have suggested, better to purchase a few premium bottles. On our last AZ cruise, they were having a wine cellar sale the first day with 1/2 priced bottles and we managed to score a few bottles of Caymus and another higher-ed Chardonnay we like and that cost A LOT less than the $500+ a day the package would have cost. We really liked the option Viking has which is the Silver Spirits Beverage Package for $19 pp a day which we thought was good value based on the quality, especially because you could choose any glass on their extensive wine list that was under $15 or $16 and their prices were not exorbitant. We love Azamara but feel the wine offerings are weak.

I suppose it’s horses for courses! We’ve always been happy with Azamara’s included wine. Occasionally there’s a day when we don’t fancy any of the wines of the day, but they have always been able to find us one we liked on a previous day. Mind you, we don’t pay a lot for wine at home - we know what we like and buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I rarely buy wine by the glass on a ship, as I drink 1/2 bottle with dinner so it's better to buy a bottle and have them save it for the next day. [Either I don't buy fancy enough wine, or I'm not as much of a wine snob as I thought, because I don't find that it goes off before I finish it.]

I rarely buy wine by the glass on a ship, as I drink 1/2 bottle with dinner so it's better to buy a bottle and have them save it for the next day. [Either I don't buy fancy enough wine, or I'm not as much of a wine snob as I thought, because I don't find that it goes off before I finish it.]

On our last cruise we did actually do a lot of BYO. It was well worth it. 10$ corcage fee, but still you knew that you could have perfect wines for dinner at a reasonable cost. In general we always found the included wines good enough but it is nice to have some bottles in the stateroom.

On our last cruise we did actually do a lot of BYO. It was well worth it. 10$ corcage fee, but still you knew that you could have perfect wines for dinner at a reasonable cost. In general we always found the included wines good enough but it is nice to have some bottles in the stateroom.

If you bring wine on board to drink in your cabin the $10 corkage doesn't apply, right? LuAnn