Speciality Restaurant Cover Charge gift from Travel Agent

JC in CA

Hello,

We received a "Speciality Restaurant Cover Charge" gift from our travel agent. On our cruise peronalizer, it states "delivery date" and lists the first day of our cruise. Will we be able to book that dinner at whichever specality restaurant and whichever night we choose? Also, can we book it in advance, or do we need to wait until we board the ship?

This is our first time sailing Princess. Thanks for any info!

-Jerie

Hello,

We received a "Speciality Restaurant Cover Charge" gift from our travel agent. On our cruise peronalizer, it states "delivery date" and lists the first day of our cruise. Will we be able to book that dinner at whichever specality restaurant and whichever night we choose? Also, can we book it in advance, or do we need to wait until we board the ship?

-Jerie

It's my understanding (we're in the same situation) that when we board there will be a notice in our room with a reservation (date & time) for one of the extra cost venues. If we don't like it we can call and change it.

It's my understanding (we're in the same situation) that when we board there will be a notice in our room with a reservation (date & time) for one of the extra cost venues. If we don't like it we can call and change it.

Thanks Shmoo

I was just on cruise peronalizer and it looks like if I make a reservation now, I would have to pay for it. Definitely don't want to do that since we have a credit coming.

appreciate the info

-Jerie

a) If it is a true gift from the TA (not an amenity from Princess that passes through the TA on its way to you), you will have a card announcing this in your cabin. The card should say to call to make your reservation.

b) Any specialty dinner reservation made pre-cruise must be paid for even if you have a certificate. Even those in suites that get a free specialty dinner the first evening as a suite amenity cannot book their time in advance.

we were in a suite last year and had to book dinner time when we boarded. Like Carbill mentioned above; you can not book online before boarding; otherwise you will have to pay for that reservation.

a) If it is a true gift from the TA (not an amenity from Princess that passes through the TA on its way to you), you will have a card announcing this in your cabin. The card should say to call to make your reservation.

b) Any specialty dinner reservation made pre-cruise must be paid for even if you have a certificate. Even those in suites that get a free specialty dinner the first evening as a suite amenity cannot book their time in advance.

Thanks Caribill,

Yes, it is from our TA, not Princess. I played around in Cruise Personalizer and couldn't find a way to make a reservation until we board. So, will make sure we do so as quickly after we board as possible.

thanks for the info

-Jerie

We were on the CB in Feb. Our TA gifted us dinner in a speciality restaurant also. When we arrived in our room there was a card that told us a reservation was made for us at Sabatini's for the first sea day at 8:30 pm. Well that was totally unacceptable to us since it was the first formal night, way to late to eat for my parents (in their 80's) and we have no interest in eating at Sabatini's. I tried to call the reservation line but the message was to call the next day. Tried the Maitre D and was directed to Guest Services. Guest Services said to call the reservation line after 3:30 pm. So we did and was able t change it to the Crown Grille. However many of the times and dates we wanted were already taken.

We were on the CB in Feb. Our TA gifted us dinner in a speciality restaurant also. When we arrived in our room there was a card that told us a reservation was made for us at Sabatini's for the first sea day at 8:30 pm. Well that was totally unacceptable to us since it was the first formal night, way to late to eat for my parents (in their 80's) and we have no interest in eating at Sabatini's. I tried to call the reservation line but the message was to call the next day. Tried the Maitre D and was directed to Guest Services. Guest Services said to call the reservation line after 3:30 pm. So we did and was able t change it to the Crown Grille. However many of the times and dates we wanted were already taken.

You might have found it less frustrating and quicker, if you'd walked down to the specialty restaurant that was open for reservations (there's usually one with someone there) and make the change in person.;)

Thanks Shmoo

I was just on cruise peronalizer and it looks like if I make a reservation now, I would have to pay for it. Definitely don't want to do that since we have a credit coming.

appreciate the info

-Jerie

We had the same thing on our cruise last month, it was only good during a port day. We were scheduled for Sabatini's, but I wanted Crown Grill, the change was easy to make. However, I did have to wait until we were onboard to avoid a charge.

Thanks Everyone!

I think we would prefer the Crowne Grill. Sounds like most here were given Sabitini's at first. Will definitley look into arrangements the afternoon we board.

-Jerie

Same thing happened to us with a gift from TA - got in the room & had a card showing reservation at Sabatini's for a late dinner (8:30, I think). When I called to change it, the Crown Grill was already booked up all nights so we did Sabatini's. That was our first (and last) time at that venue. I think I'd forfeit the free dinner rather than eat there again. The food wasn't at all to my taste.

You might have found it less frustrating and quicker, if you'd walked down to the specialty restaurant that was open for reservations (there's usually one with someone there) and make the change in person.;)

We did and there wasn't anybody there that could change it. They were using the Crown Grille to store luggage for the early embarcation. We didn't try Sabatini's.

Hello,

-Jerie

You can book in advance.