Bottle of wine?

AnnieT75

We are on our first cruise to the med in June ... will we be able to get a bottle of wine to share on the balcony inc in our premium all inclusive package?

You can grab a couple of glasses each at the nearest bar and carry it with you to your room. Planning ahead, you can grab some cheese and crackers or some fruit at the buffet and have them ready in your room, when you arrive with your wine. All DYI.

Check your roll call ... there are usually folks who do not like the wine or don’t drink at all. If I were on this cruise, I would give you our bottle. And, no I would not consider a roll call request to be out of line ... they are your shipmates and, as the recipient of many unwanted bottle, there are a lot of folks who give them away. Note: I often end up leave unopened bottles for the steward to recirculate.

You can grab a couple of glasses each at the nearest bar and carry it with you to your room. Planning ahead, you can grab some cheese and crackers or some fruit at the buffet and have them ready in your room, when you arrive with your wine. All DYI.

that is exactly what we do. We simply stop at a bar on our way back to our cabin at night and grab a couple of glasses of wine to end our day. We turn on the light, sit on the balcony and have a wonderful few minutes. or sometimes during the day one of us will go to a bar, bring a couple of glasses back and sit on the balcony reading.

You can carry on 2 bottles of wine, so that would be your best option that way it is something you enjoy.

There is no limit to the amount of wine you can bring on NCL, however, you will be charged the $15 per 750-ml bottle corkage fee. You do not get any freebies on the corkage fee.

Isn’t the corkage fee only applied if you take it to the dinning room? How would they charge you if your having it in your stateroom?

No, the corkage fee is charged after you go through security (if carrying onboard yourself). If in checked baggage, you are called to the Naughty Room and you will be charged then.

When you say "a couple glasses of wine" do you mean 2 or 2 each? ;)

I think that I said a "couple of glasses of wine each." That is 2 glass per adult at the bar at a time. If you have two adults, then that is 4 glasses of wine. If you have your large sport bottle, walk from one end of the ship to the other, grabbing wine as you stop at each bar, filling up your sport bottle. Keep the last two glasses to drink from in the room. Still swing by the buffet and grab some snacks for your wine party.

Isn’t the corkage fee only applied if you take it to the dinning room? How would they charge you if your having it in your stateroom?

You can bring as many bottles of wine onboard as you want. You pay a $15 corkage fee for each bottle you bring onboard, regardless of where the wine is consumed. You MUST hand carry your wine through security at your embarkation port and pay the corkage fee there.

I think that I said a "couple of glasses of wine each." That is 2 glass per adult at the bar at a time. If you have two adults, then that is 4 glasses of wine. If you have your large sport bottle, walk from one end of the ship to the other, grabbing wine as you stop at each bar, filling up your sport bottle. Keep the last two glasses to drink from in the room. Still swing by the buffet and grab some snacks for your wine party.

If you both have two glasses each, how do you open your door? :)

You have to squirrel some away. Go to a bar, get 2 glasses each, go to the room and empty into water bottles. Go back down, hit another bar, 2 glasses each, unload in the room in more water bottles. Do this a few times and you'll have a nice little supply for your wine night in the cabin!

what about bringing on those small {one serving} bottles on board,, would we be able to bring those on with 75ml for each of us?

Wine and Champagne are permitted, but you'll have to pay a corkage fee for any that is consumed onboard in staterooms, bars or restaurants. Fees are $15 for 750ml bottles and $30 for 1,500ml. There is no limit to the number of bottles passengers can bring onboard. Boxed wine is not allowed.

If you both have two glasses each, how do you open your door? :)

You have to put them down, open the door and then try to pick them up whilst holding the door open with your backside.

If you are lucky then the wife notices this going on and comes to help you.

I'm quite an expert. We don't take loads of drinks back to the room in one go, but it isn't unusual for me to be sent out for provisions. :)

You have to put them down, open the door and then try to pick them up whilst holding the door open with your backside.

If you are lucky then the wife notices this going on and comes to help you.

I'm quite an expert. We don't take loads of drinks back to the room in one go, but it isn't unusual for me to be sent out for provisions. :)

Wait just a minute. There's something fishy about that story. Shouldn't the wife also have two handfuls of wine? You need to maximize the alcohol, don't you? :')

Wait just a minute. There's something fishy about that story. Shouldn't the wife also have two handfuls of wine? You need to maximize the alcohol, don't you? :')

But that would mean her getting up. It’s much easier for her to just send the lackey. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk