New Procedure? Progressive Cruse Check in

sherman931

just received an email from Princess regarding my upcoming Apr 21 cruise on CB. Is this new? Has anyone else experienced this?

PROGRESSIVE CRUISE CHECK-IN INFORMATION

To help facilitate a smooth start to your voyage we have implemented a progressive cruise check-in schedule. Please arrive at the check-in time listed below. If you have purchased a Princess Cruise Plus Package/Transfer, your check-in time will be provided at your hotel or the airport. Guests travelling on shared transport or arriving as a group will be checked in together. Priority check-in will be available to guests with a Preferred Boarding Pass within the allocated check-in times. Boarding will commence shortly after check-in. Please do not arrive prior to the start of cruise check-in as your cabin will not be ready.

12:30 PM - Aloha & Lido Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & L 1:00 PM - Dolphin & Emerald Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with D & E 1:30 PM - Caribe & Fiesta Decks - Cabins on these deck begin with C & F 2:00 PM - Plaza & Riviera Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with P & R 2:30 PM - Baja Deck - Cabins on this deck begin with B.

I don't think it's new, it seems like I always get this guidance from all cruise lines. I think it is their attempt to distribute arrivals to the terminal so they don't get swamped by people all at once.

I'm not sure how effective it is; it seems like a lot of people just show up early and wait if they have to :D Everyone wants to start their cruise vacation as soon as they can and I don't blame them.

Have fun

ML

just received an email from Princess regarding my upcoming Apr 21 cruise on CB. Is this new? Has anyone else experienced this?

To help facilitate a smooth start to your voyage we have implemented a progressive cruise check-in schedule. Please arrive at the check-in time listed below. If you have purchased a Princess Cruise Plus Package/Transfer, your check-in time will be provided at your hotel or the airport. Guests travelling on shared transport or arriving as a group will be checked in together. Priority check-in will be available to guests with a Preferred Boarding Pass within the allocated check-in times. Boarding will commence shortly after check-in. Please do not arrive prior to the start of cruise check-in as your cabin will not be ready.

12:30 PM - Aloha & Lido Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & L 1:00 PM - Dolphin & Emerald Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with D & E 1:30 PM - Caribe & Fiesta Decks - Cabins on these deck begin with C & F 2:00 PM - Plaza & Riviera Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with P & R 2:30 PM - Baja Deck - Cabins on this deck begin with B.

Hi Sherman931,

Exciting times ahead! Please consider this invitation to come over and join us on the Roll Call for this cruise.....I don't remember seeing your name....apologies if you are already there. We have a few get togethers organized ...sailaway day and then first sea day.....come over...introduce yourself ...and join in.....the board is a little slow right now, but will pick up as we get closer.....

It's not new....you probably just didn't notice it before! LOL!

If you are Platinum or Elite it doesn't apply.

FYI...Princess is starting something new where you pay a fee to get prefered boarding. Passengers that are Platinum or Elite aren’t effected.

Yes...Those times are only suggested but not enforced.

They do a similar thing on Carnival to board earlier, Fast to the Fun.

Tom😎

They've been sending that out for years now and on a couple of my cruises, they enforced it strictly. Well, that caused such an uproar that they now send it out as a recommendation and allow boarding based on your cabin type (suites and I think club class first) and/or captain's club status as well as a couple other factors (wedding party, BVE, special parties, etc). Once these groups have been allowed to board if there even is a wait, you are called to board based on when you've completed your check in at the pier.