Infinity drydock

lullman1

I wonder if there was time in this dry dock to fix the sewage issues the Infinity has.

I got off the Infinity on April 2 right before the drydock. From speaking to crew that were staying on all that was planned was some real intense cleaning.

Essentially, it sounds like they did the dry dock because they had to...and had nothing planned or staged for it since they only had about a month to plan....which, unfortunately, is understandable. The infinity really needs some major updates...you can't clean bathroom mirrors that are losing their silver backing, bathroom floors that are buckling, doors that are askew/partially off their hinges, balcony doors that are almost too hard to open and so on. I'm just off the infinity's last cruise before dry dock and had a nice cruise...I'd sail the ship again if it had the itinerary I wanted...but it really needs more than just a cleaning. OTOH, as a stockholder, Celebrity was paying everyone on the ship during dry dock, so they might as well clean (or paint?).

Essentially, it sounds like they did the dry dock because they had to...and had nothing planned or staged for it since they only had about a month to plan....which, unfortunately, is understandable. The infinity really needs some major updates...you can't clean bathroom mirrors that are losing their silver backing, bathroom floors that are buckling, doors that are askew/partially off their hinges, balcony doors that are almost too hard to open and so on. I'm just off the infinity's last cruise before dry dock and had a nice cruise...I'd sail the ship again if it had the itinerary I wanted...but it really needs more than just a cleaning. OTOH, as a stockholder, Celebrity was paying everyone on the ship during dry dock, so they might as well clean (or paint?).

They were in dry dock for 5 days and lost 2 weeks of income. I bet they used every minute of that time to do everything they could. Panama is a full service ship yard, so I bet they could ship in whoever and whatever they needed with a month’s notice. If Amazon can get orders to us in 2 days, imagine what a shipping line can do with fleet of ships. I will wonder if they will tell us about it.

They were in dry dock for 5 days and lost 2 weeks of income. I bet they used every minute of that time to do everything they could. Panama is a full service ship yard, so I bet they could ship in whoever and whatever they needed with a month’s notice. If Amazon can get orders to us in 2 days, imagine what a shipping line can do with fleet of ships. I will wonder if they will tell us about it.

My son in law was flown from Madrid to Miami to board Infinity the day before it sailed to the Panama dry dock. Once his work was complete he left the ship just prior to it leaving the dry dock. He was then flown from Panama to Miami, to catch his home flight back to Madrid. A very slick operation.

My son in law was flown from Madrid to Miami to board Infinity the day before it sailed to the Panama dry dock. Once his work was complete he left the ship just prior to it leaving the dry dock. He was then flown from Panama to Miami, to catch his home flight back to Madrid. A very slick operation.

As someone who has been looking forward to the April 17th sailing for over a year; please extend my thanks to your son in law for his efforts.

Thank You Esprit! I just knew they had time to plan to get the people they needed in place in order to get things done. Did he give you any idea as to what all was accomplished while he was onboard?

I wonder what the crew members who serve the passengers do while in dry dock. I feel bad that they went 2 weeks without their gratuity income.

Thank you very much, for following up on the Infinity dry dock! I hope the problem with the pods is correctly resolved for people cruising on her later this month and in May. Our turn will only come in June, but I was following up this issue with interest!

Thank you Esprit, for the feedback and work from your son in law!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you very much, for following up on the Infinity dry dock! I hope the problem with the pods is correctly resolved for people cruising on her later this month and in May. Our turn will only come in June, but I was following up this issue with interest!

Thank you Esprit, for the feedback and work from your son in law!

The concern will not be for those on upcoming cruises a couple years down the line. This issue with the pods has been going on since all the M class ships were launched and I’m sure will continue.

We were notified that boarding will not start until 1:00. I called the port to see if we could drop off luggage earlier. They told me the pilot pickup is scheduled for 11, and Infinity would get to the pier at noon. We’ll see what happens.

We were notified that boarding will not start until 1:00. I called the port to see if we could drop off luggage earlier. They told me the pilot pickup is scheduled for 11, and Infinity would get to the pier at noon. We’ll see what happens.

The good news is: There is not a herd of people to disembark today!

I am very anxious to know how your cruise goes. I too am boarding in Ft Lauderdale on May 2 when you disembark. I hope you’ll have a chance to report in while you’re sailing.

The good news is: There is not a herd of people to disembark today!

I am very anxious to know how your cruise goes. I too am boarding in Ft Lauderdale on May 2 when you disembark. I hope you’ll have a chance to report in while you’re sailing.

We board May 17 in San Diego so am likewise interested.