How many Elite mini bar set up for this cruise?

phabric

I emailed Captain Circle and asked how many mini bar setups I would get for my 14 day cruise. Their reply, I would get 1 mini bar per cruise segment, so 2 mini bar setup.

Nope. I have done this. Only one set up if booked as a 14 day. 2 set ups if booked as a B2B.

Nope...then you got shortchanged.

The reply from the Captain’s Circle clearly states exactly what many of us have experienced...a 14 day booking receives 2 minibars when it can be sold as two 7-day cruises. That applies for any booking as a single cruise that can be booked as shorter included cruises.

Some OBCs such as loyalty, shareholder & military are based on how a cruise is booked but not for the minibar.

The reply from the Captain’s Circle clearly states exactly what many of us have experienced...a 14 day booking receives 2 minibars when it can be sold as two 7-day cruises. That applies for any booking as a single cruise that can be booked as shorter included cruises.

Some OBCs such as loyalty, shareholder & military are based on how a cruise is booked but not for the minibar.

Yup.

So, only 1 mini bar for us. Our Circle Caribbean cruise is a true 14-nighter, and can only be booked that way.

I emailed Captain Circle and asked how many mini bar setups I would get for my 14 day cruise. Their reply, I would get 1 mini bar per cruise segment, so 2 mini bar setup.

On Cruise Personalzer, select Cruise History. You will see how many future cruises you have. You’ll get one set up per cruise.

The number of times we get a minibar is based on Cruise Credits and not on per cruise.

That’s been the experience of several of us who have posted in this thread & was confirmed by the Captain’s Circle office. For the OP’s question their 14 day booking which can be booked as two 7 day cruises would show 2 cruise credits resulting in 2 minibars.

The number of times we get a minibar is based on Cruise Credits and not on per cruise.

That’s been the experience of several of us who have posted in this thread & was confirmed by the Captain’s Circle office. For the OP’s question their 14 day booking which can be booked as two 7 day cruises would show 2 cruise credits resulting in 2 minibars.

That's interesting, I never paid any attention to the "cruise credits" before. Many times we have booked a single cruise that involved a segment or more, each time we would receive a new mini-bar setup regardless of having not booked by segment.

I got to looking at our Princess cruise history. Toward the end of 2016 we did the "EUROPE - TransAtlantic" on the Pacific Princess for which we received two cruise credits for the 29 day voyage. There were two segments offered on that same voyage, Venice to Rome and Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. We received our new mini-bar setup at Rome and in addition received a new allotment of free internet time plus they attached our unused time, Venice to Rome, to our Rome to Ft. Lauderdale.

Coincidentally, this year we have booked the same cruise again. We booked the Mediterranean Grand Adventure, Venice to Ft. Lauderdale, 29 days, as we did before, but this time we are receiving 4 cruise credits? And as before one could book this in two segments the "Greek Isles Connoisseur", Venice to Rome and the "Mediterranean Passage" Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. Are they going to give us a third or fourth mini-bar setup, and if so at what port(s)? Whatever, we will take it.

That has also been my experience. two minibar setups if the cruise CAN be booked as 2 cruises, even if I booked it as one

That's interesting, I never paid any attention to the "cruise credits" before. Many times we have booked a single cruise that involved a segment or more, each time we would receive a new mini-bar setup regardless of having not booked by segment.

I got to looking at our Princess cruise history. Toward the end of 2016 we did the "EUROPE - TransAtlantic" on the Pacific Princess for which we received two cruise credits for the 29 day voyage. There were two segments offered on that same voyage, Venice to Rome and Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. We received our new mini-bar setup at Rome and in addition received a new allotment of free internet time plus they attached our unused time, Venice to Rome, to our Rome to Ft. Lauderdale.

Coincidentally, this year we have booked the same cruise again. We booked the Mediterranean Grand Adventure, Venice to Ft. Lauderdale, 29 days, as we did before, but this time we are receiving 4 cruise credits? And as before one could book this in two segments the "Greek Isles Connoisseur", Venice to Rome and the "Mediterranean Passage" Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. Are they going to give us a third or fourth mini-bar setup, and if so at what port(s)? Whatever, we will take it.

It’s been my experience that several years ago we’d have to request the extra cruise credits through the onboard Captain’s Circle rep or by calling them post cruise but now it’s automatically added to our cruise history list.

I have a 28-day booking which can be booked as 7-7-14 day cruises & have 3 cruise credits so will receive a minibar during each turnaround day. My guess in your situation with 4 credits is that’s how many individual cruises can be booked during your 29 days. Mine could also be booked as 14-14 days or as 7-21 days but we’re receiving 3 credits based on a 7-7-14 days cruise.

If you have booked a full suite you will get an extra cruise credit for each segment.

Example: You book a full suite for a 14 day cruise that can be booked as two 7-day cruises. You will get 4 cruise credits for that cruise.

I have a 28-day booking which can be booked as 7-7-14 day cruises & have 3 cruise credits so will receive a minibar during each turnaround day. My guess in your situation with 4 credits is that’s how many individual cruises can be booked during your 29 days. Mine could also be booked as 14-14 days or as 7-21 days but we’re receiving 3 credits based on a 7-7-14 days cruise.

Good explanation, makes sense. Thanks. However, I can't see where Princess scheduling allows for any more than two segments in the 29 days on our voyage. Since we did this same cruise before and had booked the 29 days as one cruise we know that Rome is the only port on the itinerary where they begin a new segment. I'm beginning to believe they simply made a mistake and we will receive two cruise credits like we did on the first cruise, not four as they are showing for us now.

I did make a mistake though on my first post here, in that the Rome to Ft. Lauderdale segment is titled "Roman Passage", 17 days, not "Mediterranean Passage" which happens a month earlier on another vessel for only 14 days. The first segment from Venice to Rome is correct, "Greek Isles Connoisseur" for 12 days.

I am booked on a 14 day Med cruise on the new Sky Oct 2019. The cruise can be booked as 7, 14, 21, 28 day cruises.

On my Cruise History under cruise points it shows 2, and cruise days 14.

Do I get 1 or 2 mini bar set up?

You will get 2 mini-bar set ups no matter how you booked it! (y)

If you have booked a full suite you will get an extra cruise credit for each segment.

Example: You book a full suite for a 14 day cruise that can be booked as two 7-day cruises. You will get 4 cruise credits for that cruise.

Ah-ha----nukesubsailor nailed it. This coming cruise we are in a full suite, forgot about that little detail. First time ever. Didn't realize all the perks that comes with it. 29 day cruise, two segments even though we booked as one, four cruise credits. Thanks so much.