Drinking water

maryshopper

Personal preference. Many here say the ship faucet water is fine. I don’t drink tap water at home, so I don’t drink it on the ship. You can bring a water bottle to the buffet and use their cups to fill yours. Room stewards should also be able to bring a pitcher to your room- unsure if it comes from the tap or from the kitchen/restaurant dispensers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know if the drinking water on the escape is good? Also where on the ship can you feel up your containers to bring back to your room?

The water on the ship is fine to drink. There are no fill stations. You can get small glasses of water from dispensers and pour them into your containers. You must NEVER fill your contaminated containers directly from any water dispenser.

Does anyone know if the drinking water on the escape is good? Also where on the ship can you feel up your containers to bring back to your room?
Just fill your containers from the tap in your room. No need to fill at the buffet just to bring it back to your room. You can bring Britta drink bottles to filter the water as well. We also brought several empty 1 Liter bottles to fill and keep in the fridge so we always had a good supply of cold water available.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

NCL has a few FREE flavored water's from the filtered dispensers in the buffet that are very good too. ;)

As you will quickly discover, several will start posting about how the water onboard will cause you to immediately drop dead after the first sip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

HaHa! Or blow up and explode!

I had the butler bring a pitcher of ice every day. Used it to fill up our water bottles before excursions. Tasted delicious! The water is fine.

We think the water in the restaurants, buffet and served from any bar is good. They use carbon filtration that removes the chlorine at those places. If you drink a variety of waters and have a refined taste for them then you'll notice it has a bit of a flat taste. Depending on the cruise, most of the water is going to be made by distillation of sea water (heated to vapor and the distillate captured from the steam). In that respect it is very clean and free from pathogens and other chemicals. Some of the water may be made by filtering sea water, using reverse osmosis. On shorter cruises they may use tap water from the shore, but on longer cruises where you get into the open ocean it is cheaper for them to use the waste heat from the engines to heat and vaporize the water and make their own.

You can have a bar tender fill up a refillable sports bottle or go to the water dispensers in the buffet. The proper way to fill will be to use a "transfer glass" that you first fill up, then pour into your bottle. You should use a new glass for each "pour" to avoid contamination of the public drinking water dispenser, although I suspect you can get away with using the same little glass for all the pours.

The water out of the tap in the cabin is chlorinated with "pool chlorine" and it affects the taste quite a bit. It probably wouldn't taste so bad if I drank chlorinated tap water at home, but I don't. The tap water where I live isn't treated with chlorine so I really notice it when I travel to a place where they do use chlorine.

I have a theory that most of the people who get so upset when people want bottled water haven't had a sip of water in decades, instead preferring their water to be an ingredient in a more adult style beverage with hops, fermented fruit juices, or fermentation of various grains or root vegetables. :):)

Thanks, I drink well water and it is the best. Hate that chlorine taste, I will fill my water bottle in the buffet using a transfer glass.
If you bring a Britta bottle you can filter the water yourself to get rid of the chlorine.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We think the water in the restaurants, buffet and served from any bar is good. They use carbon filtration that removes the chlorine at those places. If you drink a variety of waters and have a refined taste for them then you'll notice it has a bit of a flat taste. Depending on the cruise, most of the water is going to be made by distillation of sea water (heated to vapor and the distillate captured from the steam). In that respect it is very clean and free from pathogens and other chemicals. Some of the water may be made by filtering sea water, using reverse osmosis. On shorter cruises they may use tap water from the shore, but on longer cruises where you get into the open ocean it is cheaper for them to use the waste heat from the engines to heat and vaporize the water and make their own.

You can have a bar tender fill up a refillable sports bottle or go to the water dispensers in the buffet. The proper way to fill will be to use a "transfer glass" that you first fill up, then pour into your bottle. You should use a new glass for each "pour" to avoid contamination of the public drinking water dispenser, although I suspect you can get away with using the same little glass for all the pours.

The water out of the tap in the cabin is chlorinated with "pool chlorine" and it affects the taste quite a bit. It probably wouldn't taste so bad if I drank chlorinated tap water at home, but I don't. The tap water where I live isn't treated with chlorine so I really notice it when I travel to a place where they do use chlorine.

I have a theory that most of the people who get so upset when people want bottled water haven't had a sip of water in decades, instead preferring their water to be an ingredient in a more adult style beverage with hops, fermented fruit juices, or fermentation of various grains or root vegetables. :):)

The ships water is most assuredly not treated with "pool chlorine". It will be treated with NSF 60 food grade sodium hypochlorite however.

The water from the tap in bathroom has a lot of chlorine. I drink well water so I could not drink the water from the bathroom tap. I just filled our water bottles with the ice that the room steward fills twice a day and put them in the fridge and it was fine. We did have to bring water in from the bars a few times to keep our bottles filled. Just go to a bar and ask for a glass of water with no ice.