No more dessert at lunch buffet?

beasenne

This is the saddest attempt at cake decorating (my kids have done better) ...

T - is it True?

H - is it Helpful?

I - is it Inspiring?

N - is it Necessary?

K - is it Kind?

I had to laugh at seeing your signature in connection with your comment. :D Well, to be fair, one out of five isn't that bad. :)

Hi everyone,

I’m going on the Carnival Imagination next week and I’ve heard that on embarkation day, they now have very few dessert options now at the buffet. I’ve sailed with Carnival many times, and in the past they have lots of options, although now I’ve heard that they have taken away the traditional Sweet Spots desserts.

Has anyone sailed with Carnival in 2018 who can confirm or deny this? I’m just curious as to what I should expect this time around.

Thanks for any help,

Bea

From whom did you hear this? Utter nonsense.

This is supposed to be German Chocolate cake? Whoever made this needs to go back to cooking school for more training. Or, use Google to find out what a true German Chocolate cake should look like.

I thought the same thing when I saw this:loudcry::loudcry:. I said this is no southern German Chocolate Cake (in Blanche Devereaux voice);p

What did you think of the cake presentation in the photos? Someone said it looked like they asked a dishwasher or a child to make the cake. It does look sad but it may taste good. I like some of the desserts served on Carnival quite well.

30441446_2120954891280394_6119123490969747456_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6f9f45ae800b0c98e5481e431eefd1a8&oe=5B3298DE

I could do without the cocoa powder and them to not be so stingy with the icing on the top. Hope it tastes better than it looks.

I’m sorry people like to spread such crap. We were on the Imagination last week and there were plenty of delicious options. Fruit, breads, ice cream, plus stations full of pies, cakes, tarts, cake pops, pudding, and the most amazing pudding/ganache.

People who don’t really travel have lots of time to film these boards with nonsense. Go and have fun !

quote=beasenne;55777318]Hi everyone,

I’m going on the Carnival Imagination next week and I’ve heard that on embarkation day, they now have very few dessert options now at the buffet. I’ve sailed with Carnival many times, and in the past they have lots of options, although now I’ve heard that they have taken away the traditional Sweet Spots desserts.

Has anyone sailed with Carnival in 2018 who can confirm or deny this? I’m just curious as to what I should expect this time around.

Thanks for any help,

Bea

Just boarded the Splendor. Several of the desserts that used to be cut to order are now pre-cut on self-serve trays. More cost savings...

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

So, take two desserts instead of one.

Actually, this is the opposite of cost savings as many people will take two desserts which means that more dishes will need to be washed.

Just boarded the Splendor. Several of the desserts that used to be cut to order are now pre-cut on self-serve trays. More cost savings...

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

The lunch dessert area was full in February and March. Three or four different desserts precut, another four being served by two waiters. Similar to my past cruises on the Miracle. At least 8 desserts plus fruit.

I was on Carnival Breeze in January and there were a lot of desserts out at lunch....but not much looked appetizing. The cheesecake at dinner (in Blush) was pitiful - like some creamy icing mixture. BUT the cheesecake at the coffee shop was 4 STAR! (Lost a star from the rude girl at the counter...did not realize "gratuity" was added for her to hand me a slice).

This is supposed to be German Chocolate cake? Whoever made this needs to go back to cooking school for more training. Or, use Google to find out what a true German Chocolate cake should look like.

NONE of the cakes that popped up from doing a search looked like that unevenly cut thing with the oatmeal cookie on top :D:D

2131573283_germanchocolatecake.jpg.2ddc09877bc73d1c571eeeacff41f990.jpg

I’m sorry people like to spread such crap. We were on the Imagination last week and there were plenty of delicious options. Fruit, breads, ice cream, plus stations full of pies, cakes, tarts, cake pops, pudding, and the most amazing pudding/ganache.

I am really glad that you posted that they have cake pops still!! Haha. We are going on the Imagination in May and I think it will break my sons heart if there are no cake pops. He is 6 and he can't wait for the cake pops...Also, I haven't cruised Carnival in a while, but can anyone tell me if the cake pops are only out on embarkation day, or do they have them for dessert every day. That will kind of alter my decision on how many I let him eat the first day! :)

Just did a b2b on the Imagination April 1-7. Plenty of desserts everyday! Plus dessert on the room service menu. We had an amazing time and the staff treated us like royalty! Comedy was GREAT!! MDR food was pretty good. We had a blast. Go and enjoy yourself!