What is free for the spa?

landsear

It depends what ship you’re on. The older ships without Cloud 9 spa allow you to use the hot tub and other facilities for free. But the newer ships like the Dream class and Vista class have the Cloud 9 spa which you have to pay for. All of them have big walk-in showers, gyms, and changing rooms with lockers for free. :) For our upcoming 8 day cruise on the Vista we purchased a couples spa pass for just $229. So for only $114.50 per person we have 8 days of kid free spa time. The Thelasso therapy pool has heated bubbly mineral water with built in loungers that put the other hot tubs to shame, and it’s huge. Plus there are multiple dry and wet saunas, heated loungers, steam rooms, and a cool down room with hot tea, ice water, etc. And since you have to be 18 or over to use it all, there are no kids. It is so peaceful and relaxing. Well worth the $14 and change that it costs every day. :D

no steam room or sauna??? how about on the pride?

Pride had steam room, sauna, and showers in the ladies locker/changing room (assume in men's too) before you enter the fitness area. There was also a jacuzzi in the fitness area.

All were included with your fare, no up charge.

It depends what ship you’re on. The older ships without Cloud 9 spa allow you to use the hot tub and other facilities for free. But the newer ships like the Dream class and Vista class have the Cloud 9 spa which you have to pay for. All of them have big walk-in showers, gyms, and changing rooms with lockers for free. :) For our upcoming 8 day cruise on the Vista we purchased a couples spa pass for just $229. So for only $114.50 per person we have 8 days of kid free spa time. The Thelasso therapy pool has heated bubbly mineral water with built in loungers that put the other hot tubs to shame, and it’s huge. Plus there are multiple dry and wet saunas, heated loungers, steam rooms, and a cool down room with hot tea, ice water, etc. And since you have to be 18 or over to use it all, there are no kids. It is so peaceful and relaxing. Well worth the $14 and change that it costs every day. :D

This sounds amazing. We're going on the Horizon. How would I add the spa pass? Was the gym crowded?

This sounds amazing. We're going on the Horizon. How would I add the spa pass? Was the gym crowded?

We just bought that for our upcoming Horizon sailing, jumped on the 15% off this past weekend, got the couples pass for 195! 8 days of kid free spa time is exactly it...:) if you open your cruise manager, there is a link to purchase/reserve spa services. It is there.

No the gym/ spa area is not crowded. They limit the amount of passes they sell so it won’t get too crowded. If one room is a little full I just skip it and come back. Never had a problem coming back around and being able to use it. ;) Go into your booking and click on “manage my cruise.” Then click on “spa & salon services.” It’s one of the last selections on the list of services. I’m not sure if there’s a single pass but there’s definitely a couples spa pass for $229. You can get a single pass once you board if there are spaces left.

I believe the Vista does not have the Thalassotherapy Pool, but does have a large whirlpool.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1167/~/cloud-9-spa

No the gym/ spa area is not crowded. They limit the amount of passes they sell so it won’t get too crowded. If one room is a little full I just skip it and come back. Never had a problem coming back around and being able to use it. ;) Go into your booking and click on “manage my cruise.” Then click on “spa & salon services.” It’s one of the last selections on the list of services. I’m not sure if there’s a single pass but there’s definitely a couples spa pass for $229. You can get a single pass once you board if there are spaces left.

It doesn't look like there's any available. Is it possible that they could be sold out for my Nov cruise or do you think I'm looking in the wrong spot? I was looking amongst the rest of the spa treatments.

No the gym/ spa area is not crowded. They limit the amount of passes they sell so it won’t get too crowded. I

Forgive me for truncating your post, but all ships have open access to the gym. During peak times they can be crowded, especially on sea days. Often times the treadmills are full and the elliptical machines are busy!

Port day mornings the gym is empty.

It doesn't look like there's any available. Is it possible that they could be sold out for my Nov cruise or do you think I'm looking in the wrong spot? I was looking amongst the rest of the spa treatments.

Look under spa.. relaxation areas. The T pool/saunas is only on the Breeze, Magic, Dream and splendor.

It’s on the last page of the spa services when you click on “manage my cruise.” It’s called “Thermal suite couples 8 day pass.” The thermal suite is what they call the area where the saunas, whirlpool/jacuzzi, steam rooms, big walk-in waterfall showers, etc. is. On my last couple of cruises they wouldn’t let us purchase a single pass once we boarded (single passes aren’t available online.) They said they were almost completely booked and couldn’t take singles. I think they’re just pushing us to buy 2 passes instead of one. But my husband is hooked so that’s okay. :) Btw, as previously posted, the Vista doesn’t have the Thelasso therapy pool. What it has is almost identical to the Thelasso therapy pool, it just doesn’t have the built in loungers. It has really strong jets, it’s heated, it’s not normal water it’s mineral water, and it’s much larger than a jacuzzi or whirlpool. There are videos of the Vistas spa area on YouTube if you’d like an idea of what it’s like.

Is it possible to buy a one day pass to use the spa amenities on the Vista?

You can’t buy a one day pass online. They’re supposed to let you buy a single pass once you’re on board but the last couple of times we tried to purchase one they said they were almost sold out and could only sell couples passes. I think they’re just trying to force us to buy 2 passes instead of one. :(

Look under spa.. relaxation areas. The T pool/saunas is only on the Breeze, Magic, Dream and splendor.

Actually the Vista does have a “thermal suites” area just like the Breeze, Magic, Dream, and Splendor. It has all of the saunas and steam rooms along with the large walk-in waterfall showers and heated marble loungers. The only difference between the Thelasso therapy pool on the other ships and the Vistas pool is that the Vistas pool doesn’t have the built in loungers. And I don’t really mind that much because the jets were so strong I could never comfortably lay on those loungers anyways. I always just blew right off. :') But it has hot bubbly mineral water (with jets) and it’s much larger than a normal whirlpool or jacuzzi. And it’s built more like pool. So even though it’s not technically a “Thelasso therapy” pool it’s pretty comparable. :D It’s definitely worth the money IMHO.