Bonaire with a golf cart

Chesneygirl

Hope you enjoy this quick video of some highlights around Bonaire while on our golf cart.

There's a link in my signature for anyone that might want to see all of the highlights from our 10 day cruise.

Hope you enjoy! :)

m2R5--zJ0iE

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did you stop at any beaches along the way? If so, were you able to go swimming? Did you go to the Slagbeai Park?

We made many stops along the way but never swam as it just seemed to rocky.

Having said that we did stop for a couple of drinks at a beach bar called The Hangout and there were people swimming and laying out in the sun. The beach area was kind of small and there were quite a few people there.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you can use a credit card for the golf cart rental or cash only??

I am not sure, as we paid cash, but keep in mind....on top of the $100 rental charge, you also have to leave a $100 deposit, which you will get back when you return the cart.

Does anyone know if you can use a credit card for the golf cart rental or cash only??

You can use a credit card. We were just there 2 weeks ago. We actually paid the $95 with our cc and the $100 deposit with cash so we could get that back immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much! 

You definitely have a dilemma on your hands but I can think of worse things to be conflicted over! 

I hope you have a fabulous time whatever you decide to do! :)

Don't forget to subscribe to my YT channel for more videos.

We have another Caribbean cruise coming on up and I plan on making another video. By subscribing to my channel YT will automatically send you a notification once I've uploaded my new video. 

Channel: www.youtube.com/reelfocus

Happy Cruising! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 11:51 PM, LadyDivot said:

Chesney Girl - wow your videos are awesome. I totally want to do Bonaire by golf cart, but I also want to maybe take the ferry to Klein Bonaire and snorkel a bunch. What a dilemma...LOL

Pam

We have the same issue.  We have decided to do Bonaire by golf cart but we will only use the golf cart for four hours.  We will take a boat trip in the afternoon because we also want to snorkel.   Wish we had more than one day.   We will be in Bonaire in February.

Springfire - we're doing the opposite in Bonaire: snorkel in the morning and golf cart in the afternoon. Not sure how that will work. I've sent an email asking do we need to pick up the cart first thing and then go snorkel or will they hold two carts knowing we're there after the snorkel. When are you going in Feb? We're on the Feb 22 Silhouette.

Pam

55 minutes ago, LadyDivot said:

Springfire - we're doing the opposite in Bonaire: snorkel in the morning and golf cart in the afternoon. Not sure how that will work. I've sent an email asking do we need to pick up the cart first thing and then go snorkel or will they hold two carts knowing we're there after the snorkel. When are you going in Feb? We're on the Feb 22 Silhouette.

Pam

Have you heard from them regarding your plans? I ask because when we were there in September we were told that the latest we could pick up the golf cart was 9:00...the ship arrived at 7:00 am...if it wasn’t picked up by then they would rent it out to someone else. They sell out well in advance and if it isn’t picked up by 9 they would rent it out to someone on the waitlist or that didn’t have a reservation. They wouldn’t hold anything because they didn’t want to take the chance of the person not showing up and then they would be without the $$ for that golf cart for the day. We ended up taking it for the whole day, but if we wanted to snorkel we would’ve done the golf cart in the morning and snorkeled in the afternoon. That was our only option.

PurplSmurf (you should get a very cool pic for this!),

Thanks for responding and giving me a heads up. I wrote to Debbie last week and she had plenty of carts. I wrote to her today and they are sold out for our cruise! :classic_ohmy: Our option is to go on the waiting list or to rent carts in the afternoon post morning snorkel - assuming folks bring them back. She said they usually get some back around 12 noon. If we do that, the cost goes down to $60! It's a risk for sure. There is an afternoon snorkel that we could take and then hope for the best for the waiting list. I think our chances are pretty good for the waiting list, but the afternoon rental would be a crap shoot. There are 4 of us so we'd need 2 carts. Another thing to consider.

What do you think, my friends? Did any of you that rented carts in the morning come back by noon or noon-ish?

Pam

On 11/2/2018 at 1:54 PM, LadyDivot said:

Pam

LadyDivot-Good luck with getting the golf cart in the afternoon, your chances are good.  I have friends who were able to get a golf cart when they were put on a waiting list for golf carts.  I think because they don't require a deposit, some people don't show up, it also depends what ships are in port and the times they are in port.   Enjoy your cruise on the Silhouette, we did a transatlantic cruise from Rome and she remains one of our favorite ships.  We will be on the Jewel of the Seas for this cruise leaving Feb 1.   Happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in Bonaire Feb and would like to rent a golf cart. Anyone tell us if we have to reserve in advance or can we just grab one when we get off the ship. Also what is the cost and is it easy to navigate around Bonaire without getting lost. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

16 hours ago, smith6 said:

We will be in Bonaire Feb and would like to rent a golf cart. Anyone tell us if we have to reserve in advance or can we just grab one when we get off the ship. Also what is the cost and is it easy to navigate around Bonaire without getting lost. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

You definitely have to book in advance. I would try immediately as they might already be sold out. It is $95 to rent the cart and they also require a $100 deposit which you will get back when you return the cart. They give you a map and go through it pretty thoroughly with you. There is a north and south route. If you don’t stop for an extended period of time both can easily be done in a day. We didn’t stop to do any snorkeling, but we did make a few stops. We were in port 7-4. We picked up the cart at 9, which was the latest they would let us get it. After both tours we were finished about 1:30 so we had plenty of time. We enjoyed the north route much more, but a lot of people that want to snorkel enjoy the south route. Hope you get the chance to go! Enjoy!

On 9/7/2018 at 1:43 PM, bluecruisin said:

Could you please tell me if you can drive the golf carts thru the Donkey sanctuary? Thanks

Hi

yes you can  drive through the donkey sanctuary on the golf carts.

we did so on our Reflection cruise in April and it was the highlight of our time in Bonaire.  The donkeys would chase the cart and stick their head in.

It was so much fun

I have pictures and more info in the review linked in my signature.

Noreen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...