Will Princess EZAir Book This Ticket?

diane.in.ny

I just got notification from the airline of a flight change for our flight home.

Our flight is leaving at 11:20 am instead of 12:20 pm. Princess has EZAir as earliest 12 pm departure so our original flight was perfect.

I just checked my EZAir reservation and it still shows old time. Went to airline website which shows new time of course.

Will EZAir ticket this? Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not we'll make our flight? We dock at 7 am at White Bay. (Also posted this on OZ/NZ section.)

Ugh! Just when I thought all work for this cruise was done.

Edited: Just went to my booking to check on alternative flights through EZAir and got this message

• The flight itinerary you are trying to retrieve is not available because of a schedule change. Your flights will be updated shortly or you may search for new flights.

What makes this extremely upsetting is that we had a GREAT fare and current fares on the same itinerary are now DOUBLE!!

Hoping Princess will just update and keep the res for us.

From personal experience as well as posts on other threads, since the airline and not you made the change, your fare is protected. You may not like the new times and routing, but your fare won't go up.

I just got notification from the airline of a flight change for our flight home.

Our flight is leaving at 11:20 am instead of 12:20 pm. Princess has EZAir as earliest 12 pm departure so our original flight was perfect.

I just checked my EZAir reservation and it still shows old time. Went to airline website which shows new time of course.

Will EZAir ticket this? Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not we'll make our flight? We dock at 7 am at White Bay. (Also posted this on OZ/NZ section.)

Edited: Just went to my booking to check on alternative flights through EZAir and got this message

• The flight itinerary you are trying to retrieve is not available because of a schedule change. Your flights will be updated shortly or you may search for new flights.

What makes this extremely upsetting is that we had a GREAT fare and current fares on the same itinerary are now DOUBLE!!

Oh know that means me too...This is when a transfer as we both will be having with the cruise line comes into play.....have you ever noticed how groups disembark really early.....but then again I could be wrong...

Call princess directly and they will make the change, I waited for 5 days on my cruise next month and it never was updated.....so I called ..I got the same message you did at that time.

Edited by land lover

From personal experience as well as posts on other threads, since the airline and not you made the change, your fare is protected. You may not like the new times and routing, but your fare won't go up.

Good to know fare won't change. Unfortunately, the airline, Delta, has no later flights that day.

I called Princess and they'll be getting back to me after putting heads together with a manager. My guess is we may end up flying out the next day :(

Call princess directly and they will make the change, I waited for 5 days on my cruise next month and it never was updated.....so I called ..I got the same message you did at that time.

Hi Lori

I sent you an email earlier today.

I called Princess and they'll be getting back to me. You may want to call also.

I noticed the same thing on Friday night but mine are just domestic flights. I know that EZAir was unavailable for a while last week and I wonder if there's still issues in the system that are delaying the reaction to airline schedule changes. Definitely call Princess and see what you can do for the same (or lower) fare if it isn't ticketed. If it is ticketed you may want to call the airline directly to find out what they can do. In any event, you might want to note acceptable flights before you call so you'll be prepared when alternatives are offered, or you can outright ask them to move you to X flight if it's the best one for you.

Good to know fare won't change. Unfortunately, the airline, Delta, has no later flights that day.

I called Princess and they'll be getting back to me after putting heads together with a manager. My guess is we may end up flying out the next day :(

Glad they are taking it to a manager, always good to get a CSR who is willing to do that! Hopefully they are able to move you to something better the same day.

I noticed the same thing on Friday night but mine are just domestic flights. I know that EZAir was unavailable for a while last week and I wonder if there's still issues in the system that are delaying the reaction to airline schedule changes. Definitely call Princess and see what you can do for the same (or lower) fare if it isn't ticketed. If it is ticketed you may want to call the airline directly to find out what they can do. In any event, you might want to note acceptable flights before you call so you'll be prepared when alternatives are offered, or you can outright ask them to move you to X flight if it's the best one for you.

We are not ticketed yet as the cruise is still several months away.

I did call Princess and they are going to try and work something out. I will get a callback tomorrow or Tuesday

Another thing noticed by Princess agent, which had also crossed my mind, is that airline could reverse the time change.

But don't want to wait to find out.

OP, I had the same exact thing happen on my cruise. Princess didn't even realize the flight was cancelled and I had been re-scheduled on an earlier unacceptable flight. I had to call and tell them. I could've gone with the same fare but I would've had a flight home at a later time and/or a flight with a connection which I did not pay for. I choose to go with another non-stop flight time on another carrier and had to pay the difference. Not fun. You do have options so wait until tomorrow and give Princess a call.

We are not ticketed yet as the cruise is still several months away.

I did call Princess and they are going to try and work something out. I will get a callback tomorrow or Tuesday

Another thing noticed by Princess agent, which had also crossed my mind, is that airline could reverse the time change.

But don't want to wait to find out.

The chances of the airline reversing their schedule is about .01%. DO NOT wait until they call you back. Get on the phone Monday morning and get it handled while you are on the phone with them.

My understanding of EZAir is that you have protected the fare, but not necessarily the flight or the airline. Even after the tickets are purchased, the airline can make flight changes! And yes, we've had them do it whether we purchased air thru the cruise line or directly thru Delta!

Once Delta moved us to a flight the next day with an arrival too late to make the cruise! Needless to say, I called them and politely protested. They did move us to a different flight, but it destroyed the entire reason I'd booked with them to begin with. Original flight left after school/work the day before the cruise. The only flight they could move us to (which was also the only one I could find on line) left at 3pm, which meant leaving work/school at noon. Thanks, Delta.

I certainly understand that changing flight times are an airline issue that can, and does, happen all the time. And it doesn't matter how the ticket is purchased.

In the past, it hasn't been much of an issue ... typically we've had changes 30 minutes or less. This time, that hour change makes us not compliant with the Princess guidelines.

Our cruise is several months away. Will most definitely not hold my breath and wait to see if the flight changes back to the original time.

Hoping Princess can work out something suitable for us that does not double our price ... which is what the flight is selling for now.

My understanding of EZAir is that you have protected the fare' date=' but not necessarily the flight or the airline. Even after the tickets are purchased, the airline can make flight changes! And yes, we've had them do it whether we purchased air thru the cruise line or directly thru Delta!

Once Delta moved us to a flight the next day with an arrival too late to make the cruise! Needless to say, I called them and politely protested. They did move us to a different flight, but it destroyed the entire reason I'd booked with them to begin with. Original flight left after school/work the day before the cruise. The only flight they could move us to (which was also the only one I could find on line) left at 3pm, which meant leaving work/school at noon. Thanks, Delta.[/quote']

Was that a flight booked with EZair.....?

Hope it all gets worked out!

Is the fare guaranteed 'protected' if you have not actually ticketed the air?

I am not sure if they are required to stand by any quote until the ticket is issued?

Don't have a clue.

Guess I'll find out.

And when I do, I'll post the followup here.

Hope it all gets worked out!

Is the fare guaranteed 'protected' if you have not actually ticketed the air?

I am not sure if they are required to stand by any quote until the ticket is issued?

It is not a quote you have a record locator number, it is as if you have a reservation but have not paid...I have used EZair 4 times last year and twice this year all have been changed, except one from what I originally booked...Why? one reason is because I booked 11 months out...this happens all the time, whether booking with EZair or not....Airlines seem to regroup every few months....especially on international flights...and from What I understand and from my personal experience for a flight next month, flights that are getting people to and from Alaska cruises.

I have never had my pricing change...with EZ-air ..but I have had it change with the airlines years ago when they added fuel surcharges...OMG....fuel surcharges! remember when we were paying those for about a year with the cruise lines and airlines.....Memories from the past...one thing I would prefer not to return.....

Edited by land lover

I am unaware of flight time restrictions for EZ Air. I know there are flight time restrictions for EZ Check where your bags are sent straight through to your destination airport. Are there really restrictions for EZ Air?

I am unaware of flight time restrictions for EZ Air. I know there are flight time restrictions for EZ Check where your bags are sent straight through to your destination airport. Are there really restrictions for EZ Air?

Princess and other cruise lines I have sailed with offer "guidelines" for booking air both before and after the cruise. It may say 1.5 hours before the cruise for domestic flights and 2.5 for international flights for before the cruise. For after the cruise it will give a specific time such as "after 12:30 PM". If you are doing your own flights you should take this into consideration. EZ-air will of course follow these guidelines. There are frequently posts from people asking "can I make a 10 AM flight out of LAX" (for example).

Just got off the phone with EZAir. The agent was able to change our flight to the next day, keeping our fare.

To answer some of the questions that came up here, if the air was ticketed, the fare would be protected but only for that airline. Unfortunately, Delta had no flights later in the day.

Not being ticketed, it is anyone's guess. She was first planning on sending an email to Delta to ask if we could make the change and keep our fare. Then she checked her Delta guidelines. Apparently, the guidelines allow for the agent to make some changes and that is what she did ... while on the phone with me she changed the flights to the next day.

In case anyone is wondering why we just didn't keep the new flight time of 11:20 am on the day we disembark and try to make it. First, really don't want the stress. My husband is not 100% well and stress is the worst thing for him. Second, while we do have travel insurance, if we miss the flight, the insurance probably won't cover it because we were out of the ship's guidelines. Not worth taking the chance.

Current pricing on next day's flights is about $625 pp more than we are paying. For $1,250 we can get a hotel, enjoy a night in Sydney, and still come out ahead.

Wonder what is playing at the Opera House that night? :D

Just got off the phone with EZAir. The agent was able to change our flight to the next day, keeping our fare.

Current pricing on next day's flights is about $625 pp more than we are paying. For $1,250 we can get a hotel, enjoy a night in Sydney, and still come out ahead.

Wonder what is playing at the Opera House that night? :D

Sounds like they were reasonable to work with. Enjoy your night in Sydney!