Galveston-Orlando... Hurricane...September??

Krydstosser

Hi Guys....

We are from Denmark (Europe) and thinking about a 14 day cruise with Carnival Breeze from Galveston in mid September 2018 but we are afraid of a hurricane would interfere the cruise....

Would you be afraid of hurricanes destroying the cruise???

Start: Galveston 16. September

Seaday

Seaday

Grand Cayman

Seaday

Aruba

Curacao

Seaday

Granada

Barbados

Dominica

St. Maarten

Seaday

Seaday

End: PORT CANAVERAL (ORLANDO)

Sincerely

Soren

Although there is a slight risk of severe weather in the Caribbean in September, I wouldn't let it stop me from cruising at that time. Hurricanes move fairly slowly, and it's easy for a ship to navigate around one. Should severe weather develop, there is the possibility that a port stop or certain excursions would be cancelled. If you're concerned that a particular port stop is cancelled and you end up with an extra day at sea, plan ahead and pack an extra book to read. Passenger safety is taken very seriously, and the ship's captain will do everything possible to keep everyone safe.

mid-August to mid -October is peak hurricane season. However, none can be accurately predicted this far in advance, despite the "average prognostications from various forecasters. And even the direction and actual future course is suspect until the eye moves and you look at the past track.

Nevertheless, as others have said. cruise lines will avoid these storms as much as possible. And if none are around or you circumvent their paths the water is spectacular that time of year. Go, enjoy!:)

At sea the captain will keep you safe although a hurricane might cause a change in itinerary.

The larger potential problem would be if there are hurricane watches or warnings for the Houston/Galveston area close to your departure date. Flights could be delayed or cancelled.

Book your flight to arrive a couple of days early and if everything goes as planned you can enjoy Galveston awhile.

Happy sailing!

Hi Guys....

We are from Denmark (Europe) and thinking about a 14 day cruise with Carnival Breeze from Galveston in mid September 2018 but we are afraid of a hurricane would interfere the cruise....

Hurricane season last 6 months. Hurricanes may interfere with a cruise if only in the same area, and the ship, will sail around it.

Would you be afraid of hurricanes destroying the cruise???

Hurricanes don't "destroy" a cruise, but could cause a modification. The same for other storms at sea. The weather is monitored, and the ship avoids the area. Most hurricanes do not cover a large area.

Start: Galveston 16. September

Seaday

Seaday

Grand Cayman

Seaday

Aruba

Curacao

Seaday

Granada

Barbados

Dominica

St. Maarten

Seaday

Seaday

End: PORT CANAVERAL (ORLANDO)

Sincerely

Soren

Enjoy the cruise, nature is unpredictable.

We've cruised several times in September with very few issues. The first was a Bermuda cruise that was re-routed to Nassau due to hurricane. Pretty disappointing, but the cruise line offered $400 OBC to those who did not cancel the cruise. There were some pretty rough seas one day, but we had a great time anyway. We've had rough seas another time in the summer, but the rest of our September cruises were perfect. I would go & enjoy myself. Even if you miss a port, you'll still have a good time.

Really impossible to say - this past year for example, destroyed a lot of the very common ports such as San Juan. If it were me, I would take this trip in a heartbeat, with good travel insurance - and flying to US a couple of days before the cruise. I would have a plan B, that if I wanted to cancel due to itinerary change, I had something else in mind...see some other part of US or Canada.

As an example, we had an Alaska cruise booked and were flying into Seattle the day before. Mechanical issues delayed us in Chicago for several hour and we almost didn't make it to the west coast. We had good trip insurance, so Plan B was to fly to Anchorage, rent a car and tour on our own.

Unfortunately no one here can predict this years hurricane season, it is mother nature. Sometimes we get hit a lot and others times not at all. Its a gamble. Although, typically prices are better this time of year. Here's the up side, if you go and a hurricane does come, the ship will re-route and go outside of harms way, so if you are open minded to that as a slight possibility and think you can live with it, then book and enjoy. Your going to have fun either way you just have to go into thinking if a hurricane does affect the trip your still on a ship and going somewhere.