Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

Do let us know what happens Vickie!
I received this message about an hour ago...

"Unfortunately, your offer to upgrade to a Royal Suite wasn't accepted. We're sure you'll have an unforgettable vacation in the stateroom you originally booked."

It is strange, I was perfectly happy with my room until there was a slight chance of getting the upgrade. [emoji44] I probably won't bid on an upgrade again. As others have said, I book the room I want to begin with -- or can afford anyway! -- and am happy with that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
I had my bid for Family Veranda accepted today for cruise starting in 9 days. I know another person from my cruise got a aqua upgrade I believe and it was accepted weeks ago. I bid slightly over minimum.

Thank you for the update! Have a wonderful cruise. You will love the FV. We had a corner aft FV(8166) for our Panama Canal cruise last year. It highly enhanced our cruise.

We cruise October 7-21 and I received a Move Up offer on August 24. I did not bid. I received another yesterday, and I bid. I am currently in an inside. My bids were very low so I am not expecting a move up. I am happy with my current cabin and got an excellent deal so I won't be disappointed if I stay in current cabin.

Thank you for the update! Have a wonderful cruise. You will love the FV. We had a corner aft FV(8166) for our Panama Canal cruise last year. It highly enhanced our cruise.

We cruise October 7-21 and I received a Move Up offer on August 24. I did not bid. I received another yesterday, and I bid. I am currently in an inside. My bids were very low so I am not expecting a move up. I am happy with my current cabin and got an excellent deal so I won't be disappointed if I stay in current cabin.

We were the same had a cabin we were happy with but figured what the heck - probably last trip with my mom, daughter and I together :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had my bid for Family Veranda accepted today for cruise starting in 9 days. I know another person from my cruise got a aqua upgrade I believe and it was accepted weeks ago. I bid slightly over minimum.

Congratulations. Enjoy your cruise.

Was your cruised fully booked?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name=FlorenceItaly;57072877

We cruise October 7-21 and I received a Move Up offer on August 24. I did not bid. I received another yesterday' date=' and I bid. I am currently in an inside. My bids were very low so I am not expecting a move up. I am happy with my current cabin and got an excellent deal so I won't be disappointed if I stay in current cabin.[/quote]

UPDATE: My move up bid to OV was accepted, $110pp for 14 night cruise leaving this Sunday. I am thrilled. I got an excellent deal on the inside. I bid for OV, balcony, FV balcony, and Concierge.

I just received an e-mail from Celebrity regarding my upcoming 7 night Bermuda cruise titled Celebrity MoveUp. It says I can bid on an upgrade. So I clicked on the upgrade link and check veranda, since we are booked in an ocean view. The LOWEST it will let me "bid" is $400 per person. What?

You want me to pay another $800 to move up from an outside to a veranda? That's crazy.

Has anyone used this before?

We got an email to up grade our suite to 4 other suites above ours min bid $150pp

Does anyone have any idea who is selected to bid on the un-sold cabins? Is it dependent upon the price paid for the original cabin, Captain Club status or something else? I've never been called/emailed. Perhaps they just don't like me.

Does anyone have any idea who is selected to bid on the un-sold cabins? Is it dependent upon the price paid for the original cabin, Captain Club status or something else? I've never been called/emailed. Perhaps they just don't like me.

You could be right. On the other hand, the MoveUp bidding program is a brand new program that started on a small handful of ships this Spring and only rolled out fleet wide a couple months ago. So depending on when and on what ship you've recently cruised it might not have been offered...of course that still wouldn't prove that they do like you...

You will not receive move-up bid offers if you have opted out of promotions / marketing email communications. You can change your opt-in/out by loggin in to your Celebrity account.

You could be right. On the other hand, the MoveUp bidding program is a brand new program that started on a small handful of ships this Spring and only rolled out fleet wide a couple months ago. So depending on when and on what ship you've recently cruised it might not have been offered...of course that still wouldn't prove that they do like you...

Thanks for your perspective. We're on the Equinox in a couple of weeks and several people on the Roll Call have received offers to participate in the program. So, I guess I'm back to the only logical explanation. They don't like me. ;)

Thanks for your perspective. We're on the Equinox in a couple of weeks and several people on the Roll Call have received offers to participate in the program. So, I guess I'm back to the only logical explanation. They don't like me. ;)
On a couple of threads it has sounded like most folks who have received the invite booked directly through celebrity . I fit in that demo and have received them . Do you book direct or through a TA?

We got an email to up grade our suite to 4 other suites above ours min bid $150pp

We are in a Suite and received the email offer to upgrade higher Suites - starting bids at $515 pp and up! maybe because none are available (sold out) on our run; so highest bid gets the “one suite” that might become available? Who knows. We passed :)

Just a reminder, you can go the the Move Up bidding section of the Celebrity website and see if you can bid for your particular cruise. This would eliminate any concerns about lost e mails.

By the way I was booked with a TA and received the link to bid directly from Celebrity. Since there were not cabins available in the category for the bid I am convince it was a “just in case” someone cancelled at the last minute bid.

Edited by jagoffee

Just a reminder, you can go the the Move Up bidding section of the Celebrity website and see if you can bid for your particular cruise. This would eliminate any concerns about lost e mails.

By the way I was booked with a TA and received the link to bid directly from Celebrity. Since there were not cabins available in the category for the bid I am convince it was a “just in case” someone cancelled at the last minute bid.

We booked directly with a big-box TA. I didn't know there was a Move-up section on the web-site. I'll go look

The last I knew you were not allowed to put in a bid via the website. You need to receive an email with the link from Celebrity in order to bid.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The last I knew you were not allowed to put in a bid via the website. You need to receive an email with the link from Celebrity in order to bid.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think you're correct. According to some on the Roll Call, they received an e-mail yesterday inviting them to participate in the move-up program, but I was denied access through the Celebrity website. So I'm back to "Celebrity doesn't like me" as the only reason I wasn't invited.

I think you're correct. According to some on the Roll Call, they received an e-mail yesterday inviting them to participate in the move-up program, but I was denied access through the Celebrity website. So I'm back to "Celebrity doesn't like me" as the only reason I wasn't invited.

I suspect you may be part of a "group" and I am not sure they are sending upsells out to group bookings. This is pure speculation on my part. I booked directly and received/won a move up bid. I leave this Sunday. For my December cruise I booked with a large online TA and suspect I will not receive a move up invitation. I have no desire to move up with that cruise, but, am curious if my theory is right.

I suspect you may be part of a "group" and I am not sure they are sending upsells out to group bookings. This is pure speculation on my part. I booked directly and received/won a move up bid. I leave this Sunday. For my December cruise I booked with a large online TA and suspect I will not receive a move up invitation. I have no desire to move up with that cruise, but, am curious if my theory is right.

Both my cruises this year were booked with a big TA Agency and I received move-up bids for both of them. We did not bid on the first cruise, second one we bid and did not win.

I am not sure what the criteria is for receiving them. We are Elite+ but our table mates this past cruise also received it and won their bid and they have only have been on 1 previous Celebrity cruise.

Both my cruises this year were booked with a big TA Agency and I received move-up bids for both of them. We did not bid on the first cruise, second one we bid and did not win.

I am not sure what the criteria is for receiving them. We are Elite+ but our table mates this past cruise also received it and won their bid and they have only have been on 1 previous Celebrity cruise.

Well, there goes that theory, lol. In typical Celebrity fashion there seems to be no rhyme or reason.

We're Elite so that doesn't seem to have helped. I think it has something to do with the price you paid for your current cabin. We booked a couple weeks after final payment and got a price much lower than had been advertised throughout the summer. Celebrity has probably determined that they will get higher bids from people than have already paid more for their cabin. So I'm going to comfort myself with the belief that I haven't received any Move-Up offers because I have a much better deal than others. ;)