LIVE from the Escape...

xitappers2bx

I have a strange request. I was wondering when you go breakfast if you could take a photo of the yogurts they have.Especially the back with the ingredients. I was looking to see if they have live cultures in them. Otherwise, I have to pack my own. thanks

I have a strange request. I was wondering when you go breakfast if you could take a photo of the yogurts they have.Especially the back with the ingredients. I was looking to see if they have live cultures in them. Otherwise, I have to pack my own. thanks

Seems like it might be difficult to pack perishables such as yogurt. Could you just take a bottle of acidophilus capsules instead? Much easier to transport and, once opened, you can store the bottle in your stateroom fridge.

Annnnnd with that. I am back.

Turns out, starting with my birthday through to this morning I didn't really feel all that inspired to write, so I didn't. I'm typically attached to my laptop, and it was really freeing not to be.

Now that we're home, I'll start from the top with the photos and the freestyle dailies so that those who are curious for that can see what they are interested in.

Now, fair warning, my life is pretty nonstop at home, so while on vacation, I pretty much grind to a standstill, so you're not going to hear tales of wild (or late) nights, but also not of bright (and early) mornings. Sorry to disappoint; but remember, we're the people who cruised the Med, and got off in one port, so if you set the bar really low, you'll love what is to come next.

Sorry I forgot the name of the brand but it was one I had never heard of...the funny thing is though I remember reading the back of the container and it was manufactured in Florida. Given the Escape is only going between NY and Bermuda and restocking in NY, why would they stock a Florida brand?

Random question - is there almond milk on the ship?

Not so random....I need 2 cups per day!

(Ok...I really won't die without it...but I'm supposed to drink it for the calcium.)

They had it on the Gem and on the BA, so I'm assuming (hope to go in Sept) they'll have it on the Escape too.

I had to ask for it in the buffet....but a server was always able to go somewhere and get it.

And, if the server gave me a blank stare, I just asked someone else. I never went a day without.....

Sorry I forgot the name of the brand but it was one I had never heard of...the funny thing is though I remember reading the back of the container and it was manufactured in Florida. Given the Escape is only going between NY and Bermuda and restocking in NY, why would they stock a Florida brand?

Thanks I figured they would, but wanted to make sure.

Can you post as many bar menus as possible? I am trying to find out if certain drinks are under the $15.00 UBP limit. In particular, woodford reserve and gentleman jack bourbon/whiskey, painkiller, and bacardi mojitos.

I drank Gentleman Jack (and plenty of painkillers) all week on the Escape, so I can attest to that ;p All those you mentioned are included. I just sailed on RCCL for the first time, and I was surprised at the amount of drinks that were not included with the beverage package. Almost everything is included with NCL's package, save for a few high-end scotches (like Macallan and Glenfiddich) and some more expensive wines/champagnes.

Check out this site for more info as well:

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2016/01/norwegian-escape-bars/

Cool. The Escape's prior cruise director, Scott, terminated his employment and career in the cruise industry at the end of the Caribbean season.

Escape is having cruise director "issues" lately & not sure what is going on. Zack, who I met on Gem and spoke with during this trip, was suddenly gone on Thursday and replaced with Alvin. Now I read on another thead Alvin is gone and now Silis is onboard??? They also had Tyler and Dan Dan for a bit.