Blue Jeans in Main Dining Room for dinner

dbfad9090a47c3a35a25c6f1e38c1f6d.jpg

Hubby wore jeans on formal night too [emoji5]

And he and my son also wore khaki “dress” shirts and polos most other nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think he looks nice. It’s obviously his idea of “dressed up” and that’s okay with me. Everyone has their own tastes. I would appreciate the effort if you guys were at my table [emoji846].

Harmony 06/02/18

This subject seems to change frequently.

Sailing Allure in June. Have four "young men" 7--17!

Are nice, no whole blue jeans allowed in the main Dining Room for dinner? I know shorts are not allowed.:confused:

Yes they are allowed without holes, patches, etc.

Do you dress up to go to Mc Donald’s? As time went by and the cruise lines stop serving formal meals and more like McDonalds I stopped enjoying dressing up for dinner. I am sorry so many don’t have places or occasions to dress up for dinner at home.

Most people going on cruises today go to relax and unwind, stressing on what to wear is not relaxing IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whether one can or cannot....this is such a common question and yet, I cannot recall anyone, young or old (including my own adult children) EVER wearing jeans on a Caribbean cruise.

Last night after packing I wore the jeans around the ship that I am wearing to fly home today.

The ONLY time I saw a person turned away from the MDR was for wearing sandals.

And that makes so much sense. Who cares what someone is wearing for shoes that are under a table? Of course this Cruise Critic. I am sure that someone here cares.:rolleyes:

Yes they are allowed without holes, patches, etc.

Your rules or RCI's? Please show me where RCI mentions patches or holes in it's suggested dress code.

No idea why people make up their own stuff around here.

I think he looks nice. It’s obviously his idea of “dressed up” and that’s okay with me. Everyone has their own tastes. I would appreciate the effort if you guys were at my table [emoji846].

Harmony 06/02/18

I agree. There are many forms of dressing up. He is wearing “nice jeans,” a jacket and nice shirt. THe jean police need to leave this guy alone. And I’m sure they did on board. Alas, on these boards where it is far easier to hide the jean police might make a stink here

I always get sort of frustrated with people people so judgement always about what people wear. I felt pretty good about myself thinking I’m fine with whatever. Doesn’t affect my enjoyment of a meal. Then someone pointed they wouldn’t like seeing a man with hairy underarms and a sleeveless shirt sitting at their dinner table. I cringed because I had agree that i do care to an extent what people are wearing. I guess there is a line for all where we would want to call something unacceptable to be sitting at our table. I would probably get used to it, but unless they were a Smart and fun and super interesting to talk to I definitely wouldn’t seek them out for another dinner.

What about an impeccably dressed that that had body odor? He looks nice. Follows dress rules. Yes he will still be judged

I think we are all a little judgy no matter how hard some of us try not to care. So we aren’t fighting whether we care or not. Because we all do. We are fighting over whose arbitrary line and opinion is right and who gets to play God in the subject of dress code while on a ship.

When we were on Oasis a couple weeks back, I forgot to pack my black dress pants. My wife wanted me to rent some from the tux shop on board, but instead I reminded her that I did pack some dark colored jeans...not black but dark blue. Turns out, she liked the look of a jacket-tie-dark jeans so much, it will be the plan from now on. Her opinion carries a lot more weight with me than that of the online fashion police.;)

That is wonderful, but not sure why you are quoting and telling me this. :confused: Hope you had a great cruise!

I don't know, you have never seen anyone on a Caribbean cruise wearing jeans and, somehow, I suspect that I am not all that unique.

You made it sound like no one ever does it.

And thanks, it was a great week.

And for some strange reason you seem to be proud of this.

No matter what some people wear it can't hide their negative, condescending personality. The poster should be proud. They are successfully enjoying their cruise without stressing over trivial things like the opinions of others. Try it sometime. :*

dbfad9090a47c3a35a25c6f1e38c1f6d.jpg

Hubby wore jeans on formal night too [emoji5]

And he and my son also wore khaki “dress” shirts and polos most other nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You guys look great. Looks like you're enjoying your cruise which is what it's all about. To OP, I'm sure since you're conscientiously trying to dress nice then you'll be fine. Don't let the old grouches on here get you down.

I have never packed jeans once on my 60 plus cruises , since they were almost all Caribbean and warm weather

Even though the ship is in the Caribbean there is nothing warm about the dining room or interior of the ship! I don't wear jeans during the day when in port or around the pool, but at night I do love my jeans!

I tried sooooo hard not to laugh after I figured out what you were talking about.

So glad this sarcastic and totally uncalled for comment from ObstructedView2 gave you a laugh....I'll guess you'll remember these jeans...right :mad:

So glad this sarcastic and totally uncalled for comment from ObstructedView2 gave you a laugh....I'll guess you'll remember these jeans...right :mad:

Oh, lighten up Felicia. You quote me for laughing, but not the one that posted the joke....really?? Don't ever go to a comedy show....you will be DEVASTATED.

Edited by champagne123

In the old days...The answer would of been no!

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

What do you consider the "old days". I wore jeans on my 2nd RCI cruise in 1997. It was an Alaska cruise, and I didn't have time to change before dinner. It was a casual night, so no problem at all..

Aloha,

John

In the old days...The answer would of been no! Now days...I’ve seen camouflage shorts allowed on a formal night. RCCL is afraid to offend any of its customers...They don’t enforce any dress requirements!

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

Just off Voyager Sydney to Singapore jeans fine but they enforced no shorts of any kind in MDR,unlike

my last 3 cruises .