A way to get to a new level

Good luck...though there is no real guarantee. Ship's LAs seem different on each ship as to what they will do. And of course the LAs are always swamped with requests.

Technically your points are not awarded to your account until around 10 days after the completion of your cruise, which may not make it for your next leg, but I hope you get lucky. :)

I see things differently.

First of all, points usually post 6 days after the completion of a cruise. Second, the Loyalty Ambassador can see that you have completed the first cruise, and is fully empowered to recognize the points as "earned".

Everyone that I have seen or known who faced this situation, staying on the same ship for a B2B and accruing enough points in the first cruise to get to the next C&A level, has been accommodated by the LA.

The refusals are for the people who want to be recognized halfway through a cruise. That is not supposed to happen.

The odds are very much in their favor.

I see things differently.

First of all, points usually post 6 days after the completion of a cruise. Second, the Loyalty Ambassador can see that you have completed the first cruise, and is fully empowered to recognize the points as "earned".

Everyone that I have seen or known who faced this situation, staying on the same ship for a B2B and accruing enough points in the first cruise to get to the next C&A level, has been accommodated by the LA.

The refusals are for the people who want to be recognized halfway through a cruise. That is not supposed to happen.

The odds are very much in their favor.

OK..thanks. As usual...you are so right...as usual. ;) They can absolutely take it for granted that it will happen then.

And second of all ....my points have been awarded anywhere from 5-12 days. In fact with this last website "improvement' I had points added after the last cruise then deducted plus some. Glitch that I was able to repair upon a call to GS....which then still took another 10 days to correctly post.

I thought that was only for cruise tours like those available on Alaska cruises and not the extend your vacation option

I'm pretty sure it's ANY "cruise tour" that you book through RCI, even if it's as simple as spending a night in a hotel after your cruise.

Can someone in the know chip in? I always book my land accommodations separately, so have no actual experience with it.

I'm pretty sure it's ANY "cruise tour" that you book through RCI, even if it's as simple as spending a night in a hotel after your cruise.

Can someone in the know chip in? I always book my land accommodations separately, so have no actual experience with it.

I also typically book my pre/post cruise hotels independently but did book through Royal once as it was quite a bit cheaper. I did not receive an extra point for the one night stay.

OK..thanks. As usual...you are so right...as usual. ;) They can absolutely take it for granted that it will happen then.

And second of all ....my points have been awarded anywhere from 5-12 days. In fact with this last website "improvement' I had points added after the last cruise then deducted plus some. Glitch that I was able to repair upon a call to GS....which then still took another 10 days to correctly post.

Regardless of when the "posting" of points takes place, the LA knows what the points are. That is what matters to the affected cruisers. :)

yuvray I certainly wouldn't take any cruise just to earn points, but make the trip worthwhile by going to places I haven't seen yet. Living in So Calif I would look into possibly a round trip Alaska cruise which Princess offers. While I have been to Alaska, we flew and spent 2 weeks traveling around but haven't done a cruise. i would want to do strictly the cruise but not the combination cruise + land trip except for the ports we stop at. We drove to Anchorage, Denali park so have seen that area plus 3 days in Kenai.

When the daughter & I do our B2B on the Allure in 2020, at the end I will be 1 point shy of D+. I will need to find something more local I guess yet for 1 point I am not going to go out of my way to get it.

We are in the same "boat". ( Sorry Aquahound..I mean ship ! ) We need 6 nights to get to diamond plus, but we couldn't find a 6 night sailing that we wanted to do..so we are just doing a 7 night. After that we will finally hit D+ ! I wish they still had the triple point special in December like they use to.

I wouldn't go out of my way either. As a D+ myself the extra perks aren't worth it. And by 2020 fewer ships will have a CL, the only perk I really enjoy.

What’s the rush? We did do a he short cruise so we could get to Diamond but other than the nightly 3 drink voucher and balcony discount—-eh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH and I feel that the free drinks each night in the Diamond Club have a lot of value for us. We are not big drinkers and would never buy an alcohol package, so three hours of free drinks is plenty for us. DH loves the free specialty coffee from the machine in the lounge too - makes good use of that each and every day. Free photos are a nice perk too. Guess we aren't as jaded as some on here on the value of the Diamond Plus perks!

When my husband was cruising with me up until this past Sept, we did enjoy the D lounge but we found our overall enjoyment of cruising comes from meeting new friends and seeing new places we have never been to. Whether we get a lot of perks or none at all doesn't change why we cruised. Now I go it alone except when the daughter is able to join me like to Hawaii next March and the Allure the following year. If I can swing a cruise in between the Hawaii and the Allure I may do that,. time will tell.