A way to get to a new level

Is there any way to move up a level with RCCL. We are one day short of moving to Diamond. We just got came off the Allure giving us 79 points, you need 80 to be Diamond. We have booked our next cruise but we will not get the one day until after our cruise is complete and they will not move you up after we hit the 80 points while on board. We have also been on Celebrity but they tell us that they do not add those points to our RCCL points.

Is there any way to move up a level with RCCL. We are one day short of moving to Diamond. We just got came off the Allure giving us 79 points, you need 80 to be Diamond. We have booked our next cruise but we will not get the one day until after our cruise is complete and they will not move you up after we hit the 80 points while on board. We have also been on Celebrity but they tell us that they do not add those points to our RCCL points.

Yes, the only way to get points is to cruise.

Try to find a 1 -3 day cruise to book. We did this several years ago. We had the 15 night Mariner of the Seas booked and would be 2 points short of Diamond. Knowing that 15 days for the two of us would be close to a thousand in free drinks and a $300.00 balcony discount if we were diamond it was a no brainier. Paid 800.00 total for a 5 night Radiance to Mexico cruise. The only real perk for diamond that is worthwhile is the balcony discount and the drink vouchers.

Perhaps your scheduling will allow you to take a short 3 or 4 night cruise just prior to getting on your next cruise. Sort of like a B2B. Or, just one of you can take a short cruise ( saves airfare) and then you will both be elevated to the new level.

Good luck

m

We did the short, cheap cruise thing when we were sitting on 76 pts. Found the cheapest 4-night Bahamas cruise out of PC (an hour from us) we could and hopped on Enchantment to get to Diamond before taking another longer cruise.

When the daughter & I do our B2B on the Allure in 2020, at the end I will be 1 point shy of D+. I will need to find something more local I guess yet for 1 point I am not going to go out of my way to get it.

I wouldn't go out of my way either. As a D+ myself the extra perks aren't worth it. And by 2020 fewer ships will have a CL, the only perk I really enjoy.

We did the short, cheap cruise thing when we were sitting on 76 pts. Found the cheapest 4-night Bahamas cruise out of PC (an hour from us) we could and hopped on Enchantment to get to Diamond before taking another longer cruise.

A good option for you but it appears the OP lives in Massachusetts. Not as easy for them to hop on a cruise.

M

When the daughter & I do our B2B on the Allure in 2020, at the end I will be 1 point shy of D+. I will need to find something more local I guess yet for 1 point I am not going to go out of my way to get it.

If you're not already in a junior suite, you might consider upgrading to one for at least one leg of your trip, since you will get double points. That would then presumably put you over the top for D+.

I have compared prices from the Balcony to a JS and it is more then I want to go. i will keep checking however. right now the difference is close to $1372.16 taking off deposit ( $1918.84 vs $ 3890 total cruise price Before Deposit ) . Right now we are paying $835 PP + Taxes & Port fees. for the Allure April 19, 2020 sailing.

Tried to convince my in laws to take a short cruise to bump up to the next level before their next 14 nighter but they weren’t having it.

As others have said, only one of you needs to level up. Maybe one of you could squeeze in a quick trip with a friend or relative.

Not to hijack this thread (much) but we are doing a B2B in April 2018 the first leg puts us at diamond plus. Will Royal be aware of this, or will I need to speak with them to get plus benefits on the second leg?

Not to hijack this thread (much) but we are doing a B2B in April 2018 the first leg puts us at diamond plus. Will Royal be aware of this, or will I need to speak with them to get plus benefits on the second leg?

You will need to speak to the Loyalty Ambassador onboard to get any recognition of your new level on the second cruise.

I wouldn't go out of my way either. As a D+ myself the extra perks aren't worth it. And by 2020 fewer ships will have a CL, the only perk I really enjoy.

I have to agree it's a lot of fluff and extra junk mail in your mailbox. The only real value is the balcony and suite discount which is available early at the platinum level. I would not go out of my way to pay for a cruise that I didn't want to take just to reach the next level.

How about adding a one-night land vacation to your cruise? If booked through Royal, those count as cruise points, as I recall...

We did this to reach Diamond just before a Mediterranean cruise. We took a weekend on Majesty. We don’t regret it! It’s a cruise! The Med was a major cruise for us and Diamond with the free drinks in the evening was a big change in perks. We are Diamond plus now and wouldn’t do it again except to reach Pinnacle (which will never happen). YMMV

Thank you!

Good luck...though there is no real guarantee. Ship's LAs seem different on each ship as to what they will do. And of course the LAs are always swamped with requests.

Technically your points are not awarded to your account until around 10 days after the completion of your cruise, which may not make it for your next leg, but I hope you get lucky. :)