Carnival 6,600 Passenger Mega Ship that runs on LNG!?!?!?

Try to keep up. The ship is never the destination.

The ship was the destination when I selected the Allure of the Seas to the standard Eastern Caribbean ports. The ship was the destination when I was cruising monthly on the Caribbean Princess for its short cruises to Princess Cays and Nassau. The ship was just as much the destination as the itinerary for both of my Regal Princess repositioning cruises this year.

We all sail for different reasons.

The ship will not have "Central Park" and "Aqua Theater".

So think about 25% less space.

Can they do it and not feel crowded?

Maybe not and maybe not.

I'm not sure how you're figuring that. Central Park and the Boardwalk are not figured in to Oasis Class' GT because they are not enclosed spaces.

What are the names of these new ships??

No names yet....will be coming out in 2020 and 2022 under the Carnival banner and the first one will be home ported in Port Canaveral FLA at a brand new facility that will be able to handle a 180 K ton ship as well as provide the LNG fuel.

No names yet....will be coming out in 2020 and 2022 under the Carnival banner and the first one will be home ported in Port Canaveral FLA at a brand new facility that will be able to handle a 180 K ton ship as well as provide the LNG fuel.

I don't believe Canaveral will have LNG bunkering facilities, the ship will use a bunker barge that will fill up elsewhere, the closest current terminal is Jacksonville.

Sea days aren't boring to me. Those of us who remember the good old days before shopping malls, loyalty programs, and other nonsense, and why we love to cruise in the first place. Just looking at the ocean go by and losing track of what day it is. Beaches to me are boring. Give me the sea.

Others might have a constant need to be nurtured by cruise line activities, shows, etc. They can have them.

So sitting on the ship watching the water as opposed to sitting on the beach looking at the water. Vastly different. ;)

So sitting on the ship watching the water as opposed to sitting on the beach looking at the water. Vastly different. ;)
At least you have a greater possibility of seeing some kind of marine life while looking at the sea pass by on a ship versus staring at the same section from a beach like your own Corona commercial. But of course an occasional bikini could shift preferences. ;)

At least you have a greater possibility of seeing some kind of marine life while looking at the sea pass by on a ship versus staring at the same section from a beach like your own Corona commercial. But of course an occasional bikini could shift preferences. ;)

Very true! (y)

Sitting on your private balcony or even Promenade. No risk of old men in speedos scaring your retinas. No sand going into unmentionable places. No vendors hassling you.

Dolphins, whales, flying fish, all possible.

It doesn't "weigh" 184,000 tons, more like 80-90,000 tons. While its passenger and crew count may make it the 5th largest cruise ship in the world, it is far from the 5th "largest ship in the world". Even Oasis of the Seas and her sisters are about 16th overall in ship size.